Exp Grinding

Takara

In the 1.00 version, there was a red circle on the aimed ball. Since the 1st patch, no circle. It's pretty hard now. So, i've bought the CD version and without be online, i can install it with the 1.00 version. U cannot play online in this case, but i've earned all online trophies for a long time. And... NO FUCKING CIRCLE.

Are new (patched) savegames compatible with version 1.00? It's not the case with most games.

• 4 weeks later...

Not the same save. i've bought a UK version. i've started with a "clean" game (no accolade, blank profile, ...). i don't understand why the circle is not here... So, i continue with my psn version...

If this is some sort of complete edition (like a GOTY), it doesn't have to be the same version number. It's quite common, that a GOTY-edition has an own version number and that this particular 1.00 version is the same as the regular version 1.05. Just had that with Sniper Elite 3. Rented the Ultimate Edition to play the DLC cheap and that version was one of it's own and was unpatched 1.00 the same as the regular game on 1.0x.

Thx for your answer Lama ;-)

I've given up the idea to play with the circle. I think u're right and i personaly think there's also a "problem" with the PS4 firmware. But it doesn't matter. I practice everyday and practice works ^^. Just won the 9ball master champ and i'm in the third part in 8ball. Gonna win soon. I've found a "tip" to play in master mode. I use a yarn on my TV. Easy to place just in the center. It replaces the white line (from white ball to the other) but doesn't work when the cue is raised. But that help ;-)

I will post a photo next time ;-)

Edited by xav2010

• 4 weeks later...

so, i have a few things to say, it may seem scattered , but i saw a few things about hte circle, ai, and best way to grind that i would like to address.

circle - i have the disc version and even though i removed the patches numerous times, i was never able to have the circle whilst on 1.00. 

grinding rank.    i cant remember off hand how much i got in royal rumble, but recently when boosting wins with a friend, i noticed my bar was moving quicker when he quickly potted the 8 as i got 5-7 accolades each game.  i think if you would do for example, 100 quick wins in a row online and even doing it for your friend, would be much quicker than grinding out royal rumble.  also, royal rumble requires effort and concentration to do for long periods of time, where boosting quick wins takes no effort and you can shoot the breeze with a mate.

the ai -  oh dear, where to start.  on patch 1.00 i thought the ai was slightly easier than now because they absolutely could not get out of snookers or attempt to snooer you. now on 2.0, they get out of them quite easily and attempt to snooker you when they have no shot.   actually, i have always felt the ai was op, but their ability to get out of snookers now and pot the ball while doing so is just absurd.  i watched the world championships of pool earlier this year with the best players and they honestly missed far more than the ai.  the shots the pros misssed where also shots the ai guaranteed will always make with ease.  i also cant stand when a ball is on the lower left cushion, they hit it at and angle and it bounes off the right cushion and ends up in the upper left pocket. those types of shots are just flat out impossible to do as a human, aside from major luck, with the limited angles and loss of aim when standing up.

bugs in v2.00 that make ai even more op -  even if you pot 1 color on break, it still doesnt make you choose that color.  the ai can pot a solid, but then go for stripes if they are easier positions, putting you at a disadvantage.   the ai also can pot their color and your color and they still are at the table next turn.  on some occsions, if they dont stay at the table, it does not give you ball in hand from their foul and you need to play the ball as it laid to rest.

here is a clip of the bug where the ai potted a ball of mine and theirs, and it kept their turn to go on and win.  it is absolutely absurd.  this is game breaking for sure as i lost the boss tournament fight a few times due to them getting cheap wins like this.

POTENTIAL EXPLOIT ??

if you read the release notes of 2.0 they said they took measures to ensure no one could cheat the game.  since then, the option to set your difficulty has been removed or hidden well enough i cant find it).  do you think the devs found a way to get full amateur lines on pro/master that no one in the community had found?

Edited by ImStylinOnYaBro
  • Like 2

Hi.

I've just cleaned the master careers in 9 and 8 balls... in 2.00 patch. I confirm it's impossible to recover the circle, even in 1.00. I've tried with a CD version, offline, and no circle.

So, i've practiced very very hard to increase my own level and beat williams in final 5 (4-2 ^^). With a piece of luck, she's potted the black in a frame, and missed 2 normal shots in anothers.

I have noted that she misses approx. 1/50 normal shots. Your best chance is she's been snooked (by you, or herself). It happens regularly. Obviously, u must master effects AND the white replacement. That saved me a lot of times !

The bug u talks about seems to be a rule in pure pool. U just have to know it and play with it. No other solution anyway.

For the "potential exploit". Nope. They fixed the choice of level because some players had found a way to change level but in mini games (R-rumble, quick shots, ...). No way now to change it. So, practice and practice.... And if it doesn't work... practice again.;-)

1 trophy missing for me now... i'm level 83... Loooooong is the road ;-) but the hardest is done ^^

Edited by xav2010

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ;-)

Another interesting way to level up. Play in snooker colors. Put all the balls without missing is not harder that we can beleive. I've done it several times in a row. 800 points by minutes.

Interesting because it's more regular than royal rumble (and it gives the 800 points until 1:10 clearance. And u can clear it in 45/50 seconds with a little practice), and no need to be concentrate each second (u can win the 800 points with 1 or 2 miss, it happens... more difficult in royal rumble with the constant pression). I grind level 90 to 91 in approx 35/40 minutes. U can easily boost 5, levels a day... if u have time to play ;-)

Edited by xav2010
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 16.08.2016 at 5:11 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

bugs in v2.00 that make ai even more op -  even if you pot 1 color on break, it still doesnt make you choose that color.  the ai can pot a solid, but then go for stripes if they are easier positions, putting you at a disadvantage.   the ai also can pot their color and your color and they still are at the table next turn.  on some occsions, if they dont stay at the table, it does not give you ball in hand from their foul and you need to play the ball as it laid to rest.

here is a clip of the bug where the ai potted a ball of mine and theirs, and it kept their turn to go on and win.  it is absolutely absurd.  this is game breaking for sure as i lost the boss tournament fight a few times due to them getting cheap wins like this.

The "bugs" as you call them are in fact standard rules in pool billiards. When you pot a ball on the break in 8-ball, you still have the option of choosing between solids and stripes. The same with potting your opponent's ball(s) - as long as you make the legal contact first (i.e. hit your ball first), it's fine to go on to pot other balls, no foul there. Still, big congrats on that plat, definitely shows huge committment :D I will probably just get the Pro 9-ball and call it quits as the grind is unreal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, det_gittes said:

The "bugs" as you call them are in fact standard rules in pool billiards. When you pot a ball on the break in 8-ball, you still have the option of choosing between solids and stripes. The same with potting your opponent's ball(s) - as long as you make the legal contact first (i.e. hit your ball first), it's fine to go on to pot other balls, no foul there. Still, big congrats on that plat, definitely shows huge committment :D I will probably just get the Pro 9-ball and call it quits as the grind is unreal.

im not totally sure of real pool rules. but per the game, it violates their own set of rules from one of the newer patches. when i first got the game, all the stuff that happens now didn't, and the rules seemed to stay the same in the help menu (or wherever  they were found). and thanks, it was a nightmare.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I’m on the way to grinding this platinum out after revisiting the game after 5 years with only the veteran and grand master trophies left before I restarted. Royal Rumble is definitely the best use of time for the EXP grind.

From level 96-97 it took me 34 games of Royal Rumble averaging about 1000XP a go. This took about 45 minutes just so you can an idea of the later levels. This will only increase as you march toward Level 126 for the platinum.

On the whole I have spent on average 3-5 hours a day to level up from level 60-97 over 2 weeks. Remembering the halfway point in EXP terms is roughly level 86. I’ve attempted to level up anything between 2-5 levels a day to break this monotonous grind up.

This game undoubtedly requires skill and if not maximising opportunities to score heavily achieving accolades and quickly this will almost be unattainable for the many.

Anyway back to the grind it will be a worthy platinum for the effort and an extremely rare one.

Edited by Farron90

• 1 year later...
On 16-8-2016 at 5:11 AM, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

grinding rank.    i cant remember off hand how much i got in royal rumble, but recently when boosting wins with a friend, i noticed my bar was moving quicker when he quickly potted the 8 as i got 5-7 accolades each game.  i think if you would do for example, 100 quick wins in a row online and even doing it for your friend, would be much quicker than grinding out royal rumble.  also, royal rumble requires effort and concentration to do for long periods of time, where boosting quick wins takes no effort and you can shoot the breeze with a mate.

Hey there. I was wondering how you did the exp grinding in the end. As I think you’re right here. Royal Rumble takes concentration, you need to be quick, and I get around 800-1000 exp a minute if I’m quick.

If I play 8 ball against myself as P2 and just pot the black ball I get 300-400 exp a game. Which should be quicker than RR right? Also it’s much more relaxing to do when planning to play for hours..

So how did you or anyone else reading this did the full grind to Grandmaster? Curious to read the responses..

17 hours ago, Baker said:

Hey there. I was wondering how you did the exp grinding in the end. As I think you’re right here. Royal Rumble takes concentration, you need to be quick, and I get around 800-1000 exp a minute if I’m quick.

If I play 8 ball against myself as P2 and just pot the black ball I get 300-400 exp a game. Which should be quicker than RR right? Also it’s much more relaxing to do when planning to play for hours..

So how did you or anyone else reading this did the full grind to Grandmaster? Curious to read the responses..

making me dig deep in the memory bank here, lolz.  i do recall doing P1 v P2 and potting the 8 as fast as i could with P2. sometimes i'd get more xp if i got stuff in on the break with P1.  it was definitely more relaxing and "turn your brain off" than royal rumble. did all the base game, and it was quite a grind. 50 hrs or something if i recall? i feel like the whole base game took 120~ hours. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ImStylinOnYaBro said:

making me dig deep in the memory bank here, lolz.  i do recall doing P1 v P2 and potting the 8 as fast as i could with P2. sometimes i'd get more xp if i got stuff in on the break with P1.  it was definitely more relaxing and "turn your brain off" than royal rumble. did all the base game, and it was quite a grind. 50 hrs or something if i recall? i feel like the whole base game took 120~ hours. 

My bad. I just see it was a post from 6 years ago. ?

Well, I finished everything there is to do apart from ‘some’ snooker wins and the 147 break and I’m level 38. I already need to grind a few hours just to reach Pro rank. I can’t see this take anything less than 100+ hours of potting black balls. ?

Thanks for the reply.

On 3/18/2022 at 11:17 AM, Baker said:

My bad. I just see it was a post from 6 years ago. 1f605.png

Well, I finished everything there is to do apart from ‘some’ snooker wins and the 147 break and I’m level 38. I already need to grind a few hours just to reach Pro rank. I can’t see this take anything less than 100+ hours of potting black balls. 1f614.png

Thanks for the reply.

yeah, that time investment sounds right. time to grit your teeth and go for it! ^_^

• Like 1