"The Whole Story" Side Quest Trophy Potential Issue

Alyri

I have a question. Do the Challenges count as side quests or now? I have read several places that they are and other places said they are not.

No they don't, it's only what gets listed in that side quests section of the menu that will count.

No they don't, it's only what gets listed in that side quests section of the menu that will count.

Okay, that is what I thought. I was only confused because I even looked at some online guides are some sites that are decently known and they had 1 or 2 listed as a side quest. Thank you for clarifying though.

I've seen many people say this... But has anyone actually completed all the challenges?? Because I mean it just maybe, just maybe could trigger it to pop... Just saying, you never really know until you try.

But on a side note.. I hate this.. I have no desire to play it right now because I know I can't earn the platinum with the current state of the game.. It's just kind of frustrating because I'm afraid if I move on to something new I'll never come back and finish it... I mean seriously there are soooooooooooooo many great-looking games about to come out.. It's going to be hard as hell to come back if I'm in the middle of another game

Edited by JayBizzle311

Alright guys I was hoping someone could help me get 100% completion I'm currently at 98% and I have completed all story missions, all side quests and challenges. I don't know what else to do, and before anyone suggests drinking the 3 potions I have done that too. Also I'm at 91% with the trophies.

Edited by mrlovepants1990

I'm currently going through new game plus to see if it will pop for me. When I finished the story I had done all challenges, then did all side quests then finished the story. Had 100% is both categories in save screen no trophy so I'm currently speed running the game. Have 36/51 side quests done and about to get to second area in about 6 hours total so far. Challenges carry over being completed in NG+

I also had no safe zone trophy, but when I took one over in my Ng+ save (asafetida house I believe u took over in another coop game it popped right away)

I had done all quarantine zones no trophy. Went into friends game after last patch did one zone and trophy popped. And I had to save 20 people not 15 from Rais thugs. All I need for platinum now is all collectibles and the whole story. Should be done all those by tomorrow I will update if it pops. My theory is that if you completed a side quest in someone else's game, the game doesn't register you as completing it so I'm doing all in single player no help and not going into anyone else's game to test this out. I recall a problem like that with dead rising too. Their stat tracking is horrible. Also on the terms of quarantine zones and safe houses, I have all counter still says 0 for both, so don't count on that. 65 hours so far total for this I hope it works

cAnDyMaN69666.png

Edited by cAnDyMaN69666
  • Like 2

I've seen many people say this... But has anyone actually completed all the challenges?? Because I mean it just maybe, just maybe could trigger it to pop... Just saying, you never really know until you try.

Yeah, I've 100% done everything aside from getting the zombie statues and flags (which Alyri did do and it doesn't do anything). It won't pop no matter what you do.

Yeah, I've 100% done everything aside from getting the zombie statues and flags (which Alyri did do and it doesn't do anything). It won't pop no matter what you do.

Speaking of this, I actually just finished the 100 statues yesterday. That was quite grueling and still no trophy. I think we can pretty much attest it's a true glitch at this point.

EDIT: I have not tried completed side quests on a New Game+ save. If anyone has tried this, please feel free to share.

Edited by Alyri

I found out what could have went wrong with the Trophy/Achievement. In the coding for the game there is a quest called "Bring Antibiotics" As we know this side quest is not in the game. They must have taken out the side quest, but not the code making it not pop the trophy/achievement.

EDIT: I have not tried completed side quests on a New Game+ save. If anyone has tried this, please feel free to share.

I believe someone posted on PST saying that they tried that, and it didn't do anything. At this point I think it's probably easier just to wait for them to fix it rather than continually beating our heads against a wall to have it not work. That's basically what I'm doing now, just waiting for them to patch it so that I can start a new game and run through to get all the sidequests and collectibles done again.

I'm at 47/51 of the side quests in Ng+ will be finished tonight. Like I said early doing all by myself in single player to see if it'll help. I'll post as soon as I'very finished it. (also I did all challenges previously and they carry over as being completed in NG+)

Just finished doing everything in Ng+ no trophy. I backed up a save just before the Launch sidequest. I'd say it's best to wait for a patch or an official statement from Techland unfortunately. No use in wasting more time on this shit. Anyone get it yet?

Pretty sure it is impossible to get from what I said a little bit above. I actually think there are two side quest they took out but forgot to take out the code for. There are two called "Bring Antibiotics" and "Children of the Matrix" neither of which are in the game, but possibly the code is which is making it not pop. Someone post a video of the code for the side quests.

Pretty sure it is impossible to get from what I said a little bit above. I actually think there are two side quest they took out but forgot to take out the code for. There are two called "Bring Antibiotics" and "Children of the Matrix" neither of which are in the game, but possibly the code is which is making it not pop. Someone post a video of the code for the side quests.

That's super lame. If you're gonna take out quests at least fix the programming for it. Ugh that's gonna be a blight for me forever until they (hopefully) fix it.

i got a patch yesterday, can anyone confirm if it does or does not fix the glitch?

Considering that I completed 51/51 side quests about three hours before you posted this (and didn't get the trophy), I'll assume that it didn't work.

The patch you received was probably the 1.03 patch, which "fixed" the loss of inventory/progress bug, got rid of weapon duping by throw/dropping, and did some co-op stability and light visual improvements.