"Moving On Up" Help

So EA, in their infinite wisdom, linked the PS3 and PS Vita versions of the game to the same account, so my SpeedPoints are carried over between both versions. I'm sitting at 2.6mil SP, way above all of the Most Wanted. (I just beat the Alfa Romeo 4C Concept, and no, it didn't pop the trophy.) I don't have any friends close around me (the closest is 3.5mil, but that will take ages to get and I'm pretty sure they play the game from time to time, so that'll increase).

I want to get this trophy out of the way. Does anyone here have 2.7mil or 2.8mil SpeedPoints, something around there that I can just crank out pursuits and races to rank up and get the trophy?

I was thinking about this since a have the game shitting on my backlog for the Vita, and what I found was this: "I've been having a problem with this. So, this morning I decided to try the above method. And yes! It works! Save game data, delete game data from Vita, turn off wi-fi, start game from the beginning and beat the first name on the board and up pops the trophy. Then it's just a case or Turing the wi-fi back on, reloading your previous save and carry on as normal. Sorted!"

I believe that this method is far easier and quicker than waiting for someone to add you with a reasonable count of points.

Credit to Fido996http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/need-for-speed-most-wanted/178979-cant-obtain-moving-up-trophy.html

Edit: But be aware!, even if its not your fault you may have to face a flag game state in the future because of this, so keep all the proofs around just in case.

Edited by edu_gamer

I also had this problem when I did the platinum for the Vita version of NFS. It's quite annoying that they didn't think that this problem could appear, because this is supposed to be a very easy trophy and one of the first to unlock! If you don't want to follow the above method, just do what I did: go to the Autolog menus and they will always show you friend recommendations along with the Speedpoints that those people have, find one that you feel you can beat, send them a friend request and if you are lucky they will add you. Then you will just have to beat them by completing events and the trophy will pop. That's how did and it worked for me.

GoldenSurprise, thank you so much for pointing out that alternate method! I found someone with a close SP count and added him, and swiftly surpassed him on the Most Wanted list. Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

No problem at all! I'm glad I could help and share my method! :)