Is PSN Down?

MMDE

Really? PSN's been down for a matter of tens of minutes and we're already wondering when we're getting our free stuff?

Free stuff? I've paid for PS+, and I expect to actually get the service I pay for. They should compensate us with at least the same amount of offline time. It should be more too, because of inconvenience.

• Like 2

Does your cell provider, or even better ISP provider, compensate you when their service is down? If so, tell me who you have so I can switch over. 

Damage control time!

How much downtime do your ISP have? I've not noticed any the last whole year.

Edited by MMDE

Does your cell provider, or even better ISP provider, compensate you when their service is down? If so, tell me who you have so I can switch over. 

Truth be told, neither of those services are down as frequently as PSN because if they were, people would expect the same. 

It's been a little over a month since the hack and how many times has PSN been down since? 4-5 times at least in a month. 

Can't sugarcoat it any longer. Sony needs to get their head out of their ass.

• Like 1

Damage control time!

How much downtime do your ISP have? I've not noticed any the last whole year.

Not too much. I only notice it when I'm not at work during the day (peek hours) and it's not that bad. But considering the price I pay for ISP vs PSN, the time my internet is down is worth a hell of a lot more than when PSN is down. At least when PSN is down, I can still use my console. They would laugh in my face if I requested any type of compensation.

Free stuff? I've paid for PS+, and I expect to actually get the service I pay for. They should compensate us with at least the same amount of offline time. It should be more too, because of inconvenience.

I could probably think of better things to do than sit with a stopwatch and a bitching complaint at the ready every time a PSN outage wastes 0.005 cents of my money per hour when I've already saved myself the full price of the membership alone in the first month, but hey, who am I to comment on someone else's activities?

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

Truth be told, neither of those services are down as frequently as PSN because if they were, people would expect the same. 

It's been a little over a month since the hack and how many times has PSN been down since? 4-5 times at least in a month. 

Can't sugarcoat it any longer. Sony needs to get their head out of their ass.

Not all ISPs are the same. And I'm not trying to sugarcoat it. I'm the first to complain about PSN issues, like the (seemingly fixed) slow messaging. My annoyance stems from the immediate 'gimme gimme gimme' attitude that I see from gamers. Guess what kids... life isn't perfect and neither is any type of internet-based service. Considering how little we pay for it, it doesn't phase me since I can still actually use my box whether or not PSN is functioning. 

• Like 1

I could probably think of better things to do than sit with a stopwatch and a bitching complaint at the ready every time a PSN outage wastes 0.005 cents of my money per hour when I've already saved myself the full price of the membership alone in the first month, but hey, who am I to comment on someone else's activities.

I wanted to play now! In fact, I was playing. This is the time I paid for, not tomorrow. Comparing it with hours etc is pointless, because the time that mattered is wasted. This is why I said at least as much, because I think it should be more.

Not too much. I only notice it when I'm not at work during the day (peek hours) and it's not that bad. But considering the price I pay for ISP vs PSN, the time my internet is down is worth a hell of a lot more than when PSN is down. At least when PSN is down, I can still use my console. They would laugh in my face if I requested any type of compensation.

You should complain to your ISP. If they laugh in your face, you should change ISP and complain to them about it, even spread the word. There is no reason they should be treating their paying customers like that. They should give you the service you pay for. Some places in the world the ISP can be sued for damages from down-time etc.

Edited by MMDE