Bloodborne: The First 18 Minutes

Boooda

Looks great! :)

Im defo buying this i really cant wait! i thoroughly enjoyed Dark Souls 2!

Now part of me wants to watch this an at the same time i don't want to ruin the surprise...

What should i do!? ><

If you've seen somebody play the beta, this really isn't that much more. There's a couple of cutscenes which you will see at the beginning of the game, and you will have an idea how NPCs interact with you, how the equipment system works etc. It does show off the first boss, but just a half minute of it, and not how to kill it etc, but that's the boss from the beta. Just very simple and basic stuff, doesn't give away much.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

I'm still suffering from DS2 hate syndrom to really trust these guys with another installment. With the graphics downgrade and the core design having been completely changed for the worst.

The creator of Demon Souls and Dark Souls didn't work on Dark Souls 2, instead he moved on to Bloodborne. So if you liked those games and felt DS2 was missing something, you might want to give Bloodborne a try. 

I'd like to buy 1 ticket for the hype-train,please :P. It looks amazing, FROMSOFTWARE has really outdone itself. This is how a Van Helsing game should be. Btw did anyone else notice that bloody werewolf is pointing his middle ... errgh... claw at us (timestamp 1:18)?

I wonder if there's a reward for beating that werewolf without dying, like the prologue boss in Demon's Souls. I like how there's no Fog Gate that indicates a boss fight. It adds an element of surprise.

The creator of Demon Souls and Dark Souls didn't work on Dark Souls 2, instead he moved on to Bloodborne. So if you liked those games and felt DS2 was missing something, you might want to give Bloodborne a try. 

So that explains why Bloodborne is being released so quickly after Dark Souls 2.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Not until the price drops. Don't want to have wasted yet another 65 dollars on a game I wont like :3

So that explains why Bloodborne is being released so quickly after Dark Souls 2.

Yeah if I remember correctly, all he did was act as a Supervisor for Dark Souls 2, while working on Bloodborne. 

Not until the price drops. Don't want to have wasted yet another 65 dollars on a game I wont like :3

Fair enough, its not for everyone. 

I love how, no dungeons are alike idea the DEVS said. take my money and virginity please!

Edit: though I am not happy with the CE, for 80$ i wish they include a HQ figurine.

Edited by ERGOPROXY-DECAY

I'm still suffering from DS2 hate syndrom to really trust these guys with another installment. With the graphics downgrade and the core design having been completely changed for the worst.

Dark Souls 2 was a great game... It's not like they didn't tell us they removed the darkness system. The beta was just a test, not what they promised the end result to be. We also knew it wasn't made by all the same people as who did Dark Souls. I just really don't get the hate when it was such a great game, by far my best spent money of 2014.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

Thumbs DOWN.

Dark Souls 2 was a great game. Not as good as the original, but better than most out there.

As for the thread, I'm stoked for this game. I love that there is no "rinse and repeat" mentality here. They try new things. Some work, some don't, but it's far preferable to the standard Japanese (and, to a lesser degree, Western) model of, "Well, it worked before - let's re-release it 100 more times!"

Dark Souls 2 was a great game... It's not like they didn't tell us they removed the darkness system. The beta was just a test, not what they promised the end result to be. We also knew it wasn't made by all the same people as who did Dark Souls. I just really don't get the hate when it was such a great game, by far my best spent money of 2014.

It's just that simple.

Edited by starcrunch061

No, it had far too many problems for it to be considered a good game in my book. For starters, theres no poise. Meaning wearing heavy armor doesnt help you with not being stunned. Second, stunlock was worse then ever, you could mash R1 with any weapon and you could win any fight against any player, three, customization and weapon balance was awful. My one handed mace did more damage then havels dragon tooth at a much faster rate, and all armor felt the same. Four, the graphics downgrade was devastating, not saying graphics matter all that much. But when a game from 2007 (uncharted 1) looks 3x better then a game from 2014, which had a bigger budget then the original. Its quite sad. And the worst offender, the difficulty. This game starts out great on the difficulty side. But it slowly and noticably gets more and more unfair as it goes. Which isn't what dark souls is known for. The difficulty in this game stems from the laziest form possible. A bunch of enemies, with a bunch of health, that kill you in two hits. For example, the big lake area with the sorcerors that shoot magic at you constantly, no wind up, no openings, they are everwhere, they hit like a brick, they never stop or move, and to top it off your mobility is second to none. Plus, the enemies in the game have infinite poise. Like the fat pig dudes with the meat cleavers and so on. The difficulty was this games biggest issue. And cannot be forgiven.

No, it had far too many problems for it to be considered a good game in my book. For starters, theres no poise. Meaning wearing heavy armor doesnt help you with not being stunned. Second, stunlock was worse then ever, you could mash R1 with any weapon and you could win any fight against any player, three, customization and weapon balance was awful. My one handed mace did more damage then havels dragon tooth at a much faster rate, and all armor felt the same. Four, the graphics downgrade was devastating, not saying graphics matter all that much. But when a game from 2007 (uncharted 1) looks 3x better then a game from 2014, which had a bigger budget then the original. Its quite sad. And the worst offender, the difficulty. This game starts out great on the difficulty side. But it slowly and noticably gets more and more unfair as it goes. Which isn't what dark souls is known for. The difficulty in this game stems from the laziest form possible. A bunch of enemies, with a bunch of health, that kill you in two hits. For example, the big lake area with the sorcerors that shoot magic at you constantly, no wind up, no openings, they are everwhere, they hit like a brick, they never stop or move, and to top it off your mobility is second to none. Plus, the enemies in the game have infinite poise. Like the fat pig dudes with the meat cleavers and so on. The difficulty was this games biggest issue. And cannot be forgiven.

You talk about some small issues you see with PvP, I prefer Demon's Souls over Dark Souls, and Demon's Souls is what you describe in this case. The graphics were more than good enough. The downgrade was obviously so the game would run smoother. I wasn't a fan of the art style in DS2, but again, I preferred it in Demon's Souls over Dark Souls too. I thought Dark Souls 2 was the harder of the three, but you are right, sometimes the difficulty comes from more enemies on screen instead of more bosses. You may feel this is unfair, and I totally get it as it's a weakness to the battle system, but with some practice on handling more enemies, you can get through it without dying just fine. I'd say it would be bad if it was luck based, but it's not. I could easily get through the lake areas with those dudes without dying just fine. In fact, I grinded out that entire area for humanity and some upgrade stones.

I could have mentioned a couple of other things some people whine about, but nothing of this really takes away from all the good things with the game, and what makes the game great. I at least had a great time with the game. We all wanted it to be at least as good as the last game, but just because it doesn't match up against this amazing, that doesn't mean it's not great or good.

I think allot of people whine because there's no easy soul glitch like Dark and Demons ;)

DS2 had allot to live up to with the previous 2 games in the series being so good. I just don't get the hate, I Ioved playing through DS2 and it seemed well balanced to me. I will be getting DS2 and BB for the PS4.

Didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for, so here's the recording of some of the music you will hear in the game:

That really got me a lot more excited, because I honestly wasn't that big of a fan of the Dark Souls 1 and 2 composer. Don't get me wrong, he does some really nice tracks, but then there's so much I feel is filler and of much lower quality.

Edited by MMDE