What's so good about trophies?

WasResting

Because it's super satisfying earning them *DING*  :platinum:  :gold:  :silver:  :bronze:  :hidden:

Some people do it for competitions, compare to others, impress friends, have literal gaming achievements, history (because you can see the date you earned them and it can be pretty nostalgic), completition feeling, etc.

There are too many reasons.

• Like 1

For the fun and the emotions, buddyyy ^_^

Everytime its such a good "When you brought something to the end"-feeling. Love it. :)

This feelings gets bigger if the game was more timeconsuming, harder, or both. I played eg FFXIII for 150h and as the platinum popped, I was sooo happy. ^_^

It gives me really a good feeling. :)

Dont know how to describe... its like when you are completing a puzzle (in real). In the moment when you have finished it and put it on your wall, you are happy too, I guess? :)

Edited by Neputyunu
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry for my questing for the meaning of life without looking first.

Was a joke. I'm new to forums.

I'm looking to get a better feel for what it means to me to platinum a game. So far I do it because... Hmm... I'm drawing a blank.

I regret this question. I love getting trophies because it adds a layer of depth games never used to have. I LOVE getting platinums. The plan this year is to reach a 100 platinums. I only drew a blank so I could have it filled. TY.

Personally its about completion for me.  My goal always has been to experience everything a game has to offer.  Trophies are an extension of that, and are no different that in game challenges to me.  To complete a game is complete everything from every main mission, side quest, challenge, time trial, and yes... trophy.  That's my reason.  I like to get my monies worth :)

I would say it is the process of trophy hunting that is most important. It does not matter how much trophies you have or how respectful they are. If this is what motivates you, then you don't have fun trophy hunting or even just playing the game. I went back to trophy hunting simply because I enjoy the challenge. It is actually very fun, pulling your hair from your head in stress, just to get that trophy.

Because if someone shows you a percentage and you dont try to max it out, then there is something wrong with your brain. As humans we are predisposed to seek order from chaos - whats more orderly and satisfying than a little row of 100%s ;-)

This is so profound and correct.

I wouldn't be able to say it better.

• Like 1

For the fun and the emotions, buddyyy ^_^

Everytime its such a good "When you brought something to the end"-feeling. Love it. :)

This feelings gets bigger if the game was more timeconsuming, harder, or both. I played eg FFXIII for 150h and as the platinum popped, I was sooo happy. ^_^

Dont know how to describe... its like when you are completing a puzzle (in real). In the moment when you have finished it and put it on your wall, you are happy too, I guess? :)

Exactly Neputyunu-San~ ;)

I don't know why in the hell I would've ever attempted to beat dead space 2 in three saves, or best Max Payne 3 in one go without dying or quitting the game... But there was a hurdle with that task written all over it and I simply couldn't resist the challenge of jumping something that's too high for most.

Other trophies, platinum's I still get to wondering why.  But yeah to each their own.  Accomplishment on the smallest level is still something.  Even if it's a false sense of it.

Me I'm not happy". Slaughtering the adamantoise many times grinding for platinum ingots & trapezohedrons doesn't make me happy". It really gives me a bad feeling". The only trophies makes me happy are those with online",

Maybe this song can explain it to you.

I wanna be the very best,
Like no one ever was.
To ping them is my real test,
To gain them is my cause.

I will travel across to gamestop,
Searching far and wide.
Each Trophimon to understand
The power that's inside

Trophimon, (gotta ping them all) its you and me
I know its my destiny
Trophimon, oh, you're my best friend