Is this game worth buying?

EpicNogg4

The mechanics are highly versatile and each setting has been designed to give players multiple options for achieving any one goal.

In other words, you have gameplay freedom, you can do any objective in many different ways.

I like the art of the game and the story is pretty good too.

Strongly recommended.

Edited by ivangutjahr

Definitely get it. I loved it a lot. Good story, cool mechanics, one of the better stealth games I came across.

On a side note: if you like getting 100% trophies on a game, be prepared for some of the most infuriating and frustrating challenges ever. (The dunwall city trials DLC trophies will consume your soul :devil: ). The other 2 story DLC are pretty good.

Edited by Ric
  • Like 1

I highly recommend you give it a go. If you like stealth, it's awesome.

The best challenge is to go for a complete "ghost" and "clean hands" playthrough - no kills and no one spots you. Reall fun and rewarding to get through a level and be like "Ha! No-one ever knew I was there!".

But if you like blood and guts, there are some nice skills and weapons to take down all the enemies with.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

From time-to-time I encounter those great stand alone games that truly shine for their own merits. No big company name behind it -- Bethesda does not really count here; Arkane did the work -- and no massive series to prop it up. It will rise and fall on its own merits and, to me, Dishonored soared.

Few games catch my attention like this one did; the setting, game-play, and story drew me in. I was actually sad to see the Platinum for this one appear because I knew that meant I had essentially finished the game. Considering what site this is, that should say something.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

dunno if anyone ever mentioned this but the graphics remind me of the last bioshock. in a good way. slightly a level lower. pretty fun game. i originally got it for free on ps plus maybe a year ago and quit after the first scene was totally not interested. finally came back to it because i heard alot of good things about it and enjoying it more that i got past the first chapter

dunno if anyone ever mentioned this but the graphics remind me of the last bioshock. in a good way. slightly a level lower. pretty fun game. i originally got it for free on ps plus maybe a year ago and quit after the first scene was totally not interested. finally came back to it because i heard alot of good things about it and enjoying it more that i got past the first chapter

The reason for that is because the majority of the art and design team who worked on Bioshock 2 came over and joined Arcane Studios.

• Like 1