Is this worth my time?

EpicNogg4

It's a great game, but it's tough, and it will be even tougher now without the online.

You used to get a modifier for your winnings based upon how many consecutive days you logged in, a free car on your birthday, extra credits for seasonal races, and assorted other things. That was all linked to online, too.

GT6 is also a great game. It's missing some features still that GT5 had, but if you were interested in GT5 mainly for the racing itself, GT6 still has all of that. The physics on GT6 are tougher than GT5, but the trophies are easier. It also does the boosts that GT5 used to do, and some of the online races even award you a free car just for running at least one lap.

So I would regretfully say that as great as game as GT5 was, GT6 is your best bet if you are just starting. (Although I do miss GT5's B-spec. It was a great was to grind for funds while doing chores or sleeping. :-P)

Thanks for the replys I think I'm going to sadly have to move on :(

I did look up your profile and see that you have already started this game and put a decent amount of effort into it. If you have a nice collection of cars to start with, you are in better shape than someone just starting. If you wanted to keep going, you could always use B Spec to grind for funds... I used to let it run endurance races overnight to get some cash. Having the right cars for your races is the limiter here.. If you already have the cars, by all means, the game is still playable! :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I have had this game for a while now and think its a solid racing game, but now that the platnuim is unobtainable do you think I should try and get all the other trophies I can get or just not get any at all?

I did look up your profile and see that you have already started this game and put a decent amount of effort into it. If you have a nice collection of cars to start with, you are in better shape than someone just starting. If you wanted to keep going, you could always use B Spec to grind for funds... I used to let it run endurance races overnight to get some cash. Having the right cars for your races is the limiter here.. If you already have the cars, by all means, the game is still playable! :)

I'm with SolarCat02. You already have a decent amount of progress in the trophy list and by extension the game. There's no problem with cars, as a first time win in either A-Spec or B-Spec events and the mostly easy Special Events and License Tests will net you a tonne of cars. These are more than enough to let you complete all the events. The game still looks great on a big HD TV, it still plays great with a wheel, and lets face it, your profile isn't exactly at 100% completion anyway. Just do it. Swoosh.

• 1 month later...
On 04/02/2015 at 8:03 AM, EpicNogg4 said:

I have had this game for a while now and think its a solid racing game, but now that the platnuim is unobtainable do you think I should try and get all the other trophies I can get or just not get any at all?

There are a few you could get pretty easily, I had a quick look at what you have earned so far. You haven't got the 2 online ones so maybe GT6 is the way to go if you want a platinum. However GT5 is still a hell of a game. You could bump up your completion rate and rarity percentage for sure.

• Like 2

Yeah the Platinum is unobtainable. But apart from that it's not a very solid game in the first place, especially now without the online portion. The AI is extremely overcautious towards the player. The moment you are next to them they slow down and just let you pass. Totally spoils the fun. GT4's AI was much more fun to race against.

4 minutes ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Yeah the Platinum is unobtainable. But apart from that it's not a very solid game in the first place, especially now without the online portion. The AI is extremely overcautious towards the player. The moment you are next to them they slow down and just let you pass. Totally spoils the fun. GT4's AI was much more fun to race against.

I think they worked on it some since from GT1 to GT4 the AI was ruthless and rear ended you if you just happened to be on their way. My guess is they wanted the AI to behave more realistic.

I hope for GT Sport the AI defends their position way more.

Yes, they've tried to adress those concerns about the AI being too ruthless but as a result they've messed it up the other way round. I personally prefer the AI from GT4. And by the way, I don't find it as bad as some people tend to describe it. In fact I still have my PS2 and GT4 and find it quite good fun to drive a race or two against the AI from time to time.

Edited by GTRP_Lancerlover

13 minutes ago, GTRP_Lancerlover said:

Yes, they've tried to adress those concerns about the AI being too ruthless but as a result they've messed it up the other way round. I personally prefer the AI from GT4. And by the way, I don't find it as bad as some people tend to describe it. Actually I still have my PS2 and GT4 and find it quite good fun to drive a race or two against the AI from time to time.

Yeah... Me too.

14294784_1125047930904977_2059669397_n.j

• Like 3

• 1 month later...