Worth it for the single player?

Dreakon13

Yeah the game is pretty fun, if you played Dead Island and enjoying doing the game solo then you'll probably like this just about the same. The story of Dying Light is a bit more meaningful, the side quests are the same ol "kill this/fetch that".

In games like this, sometimes Solo isnt a bad thing.. you don't have friends RUSHING you, you can work at your own pace. So yes its very doable Solo.

But if your looking at this for just another platinum, might want to hold off a bit till a trophy patch. Other than that I would def buy the game at some point, a very good game to get 2015 rolling.

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 1

Yeah the game is pretty fun, if you played Dead Island and enjoying doing the game solo then you'll probably like this just about the same. The story of Dying Light is a bit more meaningful, the side quests are the same ol "kill this/fetch that".

In games like this, sometimes Solo isnt a bad thing.. you don't have friends RUSHING you, you can work at your own pace. So yes its very doable Solo.

But if your looking at this for just another platinum, might want to hold off a bit till a trophy patch. Other than that I would def buy the game at some point, a very good game to get 2015 rolling.

Appreciate the reply, sir. :)

If I got this, I wouldn't mind getting the platinum someday... but it's not a priority.  Just hoping for a fun game.  Never played Dead Island solo, seems like it'd be kind of tedious without having a friend along for the ride.  This game seems like it'd be more fun roaming around, with the parkour, and the combat looks pretty satisfying.  Maybe more fun solo than Dead Island but I don't have a ton of experience either way.

Does the game have trophy issues, and have they confirmed a trophy patch is on the way?

Edited by Dreakon13

I played the entire thing solo up until I did the co op trophies and loved it. I enjoyed all the side quests, because IMO a fair few of them have some deep story to them and are more meaningful beyond just kill/fetch quests. There are issues with a fair few trophies being bugged so they don't unlock for people randomly, and the one being completely broken. It might be better just to wait for a patch to fix a few more things with the game if you don't already have it and aren't set on buying it right away.