Dualizing weapons

Tomoko Kuroki

Im on 2nd playthrough and I havn't touched dualizing at all, though it seems it could really increase the damage of weapons.

I transfered my shards so I got a bunch, but im not really sure how this works, I know when you put a shard and a weapon together it gives it +1, and you can increase this to +99 by completing battles I think.

But once its +99. you can dualize another shard with it ? Or is there a way to fusion two weapons for example. And if there is a way to fusion two weapons, should it be two end game weapons, or can I combine like the first weapon in the game but +99 with an end game weapon.

This way I could work on this earlier, not quite sure how it works exactly

You can't combine weapons, what you can do is meld the two shards into each weapon to create a new and more powerful shard, and you'll have to repeat the process, and each time your weapon will go up, but the stats increased depends entirely on the quality of the shards, for example every freeze quality shard will increase physical attack +3 and accuracy +2, but all the cool shards increase magic attack +4 and physical attack +1, I don't remember which quality increased each thing but you get the idea, I plated the game months ago so my knowledge of the game is a bit fussy, but I'll give you the link of the guide that I used back in the day http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604158-tales-of-graces-f/62538389, but trust me dualizing the weapons is a waste of time, what you want is the shards to be at a high quality, and even do, if you are concerned about Chaos difficulty, do not worry since it can be trivialized with the damage multipliers and a fer hourglass bottles for the hardest bosses, you'll only need to dualize to complete the sidequest, which will ask you to bring weapons with an specific quality, which can be a pain in the ass. 

Thanks for the post and the link,

I read a bit of that link you posted but holy crap does it sound complicated, my brain was about to explode so I clicked " X " at the top right ^_^

I'll take another look at it later lol, thanks tho !

I think ill ignore the dualizing until I need them for inn requests. Just gotta re-read and understand how to combine 2 shards to make stronger ones

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Thanks for the post and the link,

I read a bit of that link you posted but holy crap does it sound complicated, my brain was about to explode so I clicked " X " at the top right ^_^

I'll take another look at it later lol, thanks tho !

I think ill ignore the dualizing until I need them for inn requests. Just gotta re-read and understand how to combine 2 shards to make stronger ones

Well I think thats the best choise you can make actually, but for the inn requests the guide that I gave you its almost useless, I don't know if you already have one in hand but in any case use this one http://www.ign.com/wikis/tales-of-graces-f/Inn_Requests, and when you get to a point where you have to bring the weapon with an specific quality this post at Gamefaqs will save your life http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/604158-tales-of-graces-f/62417923 , I used the three guides combined and had little to no problem in orden to Plat the game, so do not worry about complicated stuff and enjoy the game  ;) .

So im trying to make Wicked fruit knives.

I made the fruit knives following the ign guide.

Now I have to put wicked shard in the fruit knives to make wicked fruit knives. I have, wicked quality as petrify, evade, mind[5] and [6] ( whatever those numbers mean ) and they make the weapon  olden.

Instead, if I use a defense shard with rigid quality it makes it a wicked fruit knives.

I don't understand the system whatsoever, but every dualize inn request guide im looking at tells me the combination isn't suppose to be with a rigid, but with a wicked.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

So im trying to make Wicked fruit knives.

I made the fruit knives following the ign guide.

Now I have to put wicked shard in the fruit knives to make wicked fruit knives. I have, wicked quality as petrify, evade, mind[5] and [6] ( whatever those numbers mean ) and they make the weapon  olden.

Instead, if I use a defense shard with rigid quality it makes it a wicked fruit knives.

I don't understand the system whatsoever, but every dualize inn request guide im looking at tells me the combination isn't suppose to be with a rigid, but with a wicked.

When you dualize a Weapon, that Weapon gets a quality, for example if the result Weapons end up been Cute quality, if you combine it with an Rapt Shard it will transform into an Olden Wapon quality. Some examples...

Noble=

Keen + Cool

Keen + Cute

Cool + Cool

Cool + Oily

Cute + Oily

Cold + Cold

Fabulous + Dazzling

Vigorous + Gracious

Suave=

Keen + Oily

Hard + Cute

Cool + Cold

Oily + Oily

Fabulous + Gracious

See?, so what yo need to do is see whats the quality of the Weapon and combine it with its complementary quality in order to create the desire quality, the guides assume that your Weapon has the same quality as theirs. Full quality combinations guide:http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/604158-tales-of-graces-f/faqs/64159 You'll have to scroll down a bit to find it, hope it helps.