DBZ Trophy List Discussion

NandoRocks

This game is terrible after completing the story mode.

All you do is grind things that dont drop, after 12 hours grinding I didnt even get 1 new skill, and Im doing ultimate finishes  every time.

I really regret buying it. It's only worth a rental.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

All you do is grind things that dont drop, after 12 hours grinding I didnt even get 1 new skill, and Im doing ultimate finishes  every time.

The game is more fan service for fans rather than a fully fledged game. It you get time, try out Budo 3. 

The game is not terrible after story.. Most games offer noting else major after completing the story, like TLOU (used this game as an example for a reason). You simply go from enjoying a story mode (and possibly learning something from the experience of the story) to just playing MP mode online for the hell of it or for fun or with friends (just pure entertainment alone).............. XV is the sameway, except it offers that plus more. After story, you actually have more things to do than in TLOU: Train under more and new masters, learn more skills, get more items, Parallel Quest (alone or with friends), skills and items from quests, Endless Battle, make new characters, make new races, further look into making the best character you can, etc, etc. (I don't think you grasped on the potential of what more there is to do post game besides what's obviously told to you and just obvious by common sense.) The game is surely not even close to terrible post game, especially with this upcoming DLC coming out, which expands on story AND parallel quest- that's more Story Mode Missions AND Parallel Quest Missions (together).

Grinding for most of the remaining skills, clothing, and Z Souls =/= a game being terrible. It makes obtaining the Platinum terrible, but that's (grinding for certain items) not the only thing left to do post game. This game offers more options than ALL the past Dragon Ball Z games (like seriously, all it was, was beat story-mode, get plat, and then be done with it, but with XV (and BoZ) it has this unique replay-value, because of how it as designed, that will have me put more hours into it AND play it after Platinum or after being the game, consistently) so by default it's actually not terrible. It's because of how this game was designed why I'll end up having more hours in it than BoZ and all the past Dbz games, where the only thing left to do was PvP online, aside from a few gameplay modes like score attack and stuff, which those modes are more tedious and less fun.

The reward system for these particular items VIA PQ is flawed a bit, but like I said, that doesn't make the entire post game or game itself terrible.

Edited by BlueDiamond93
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My problem with this game is how tedious getting all the Super/Ultimate attacks becomes after a while.

So far I only need 30 more and that's it but I can't keep going with the grinding.

I can accept random drops for equipment and skills but when the events themselves are also random it just becomes a huge pain specially when the hidden requirements are met and NOTHING happens.

-.-

• Like 1

My problem with this game is how tedious getting all the Super/Ultimate attacks becomes after a while.

So far I only need 30 more and that's it but I can't keep going with the grinding.

I can accept random drops for equipment and skills but when the events themselves are also random it just becomes a huge pain specially when the hidden requirements are met and NOTHING happens.

-.-

Playing with friends greatly reduces the boring and tedious aspect. If you're consistently playing alone (which this is what will make certain opinions what they shouldn't be) trying to get all these supers and ultimates, you'll have a pretty bad experience going for the Platinum. When I was going for the Plat, I mostly maintained this playing for fun, or should I say, going for platinum while having fun concept. Now obviously you can't always play with a friend, but it does help, both time efficiency wise and enjoyment wise, after all, this game, like BoZ, is centered/focused around co-op (the new generation of Dbz games).

Not to mention, some missions are literally and proven easier with other players............

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...