Save Icons on Disgaea D2

Beyondthegrave07

Does anyone know how to unlock all the save icons so that they appear in vending machine? I heard that you have to defeat or see certain alternate endings in order to be able to purchase them from the machine. I tried looking at other sites, but none of them have the full list (if they did, the trophy would have already popped + another 3-6 save icons collected that weren't listed on top of that).

I spent like 3-4 billion HL on the vending machine and got a good stream of save Icons until I spent about 1.8 billion and then didn't receive a single save icon and the trophy never popped! I know my luck is bad, but it can't be THAT bad, right? I'd like to earn the platinum for this game, but I'd hate for something silly like this prevent me from earning it!!!

If anyone has the full list or knows what I need to do to get them all to unlock, please reply to this thread.

Any helpful response would be appreciated! ;)

If I remember correctly, there are a few that can only be obtained via the alternate endings. Usually gotten by intentionally losing an important story battle. Take the fight with the green haired chick right before the last chapter as an example. I was disappointed after finding this out, too. As I did not want to play through the story again. Hence why I do not have the trophy.

• Like 1

From what I am reading, one of the patches may or may not have screwed up this particular trophy.  There should be only six icons from the vending machine required for the trophy:
Girl Laharl, Etna (2P), Sicily, Pure Flonne, Barbara, Xenolith

If you already have all these and still don't have the trophy, try deleting your patch data, re-load your save, and spin the vending machine a couple more times to see if it pops.

There are some save icons from alternate endings and DLC but none of these are required for the trophy (at least not in the original unpatched version)

Edited by Dalez1658
  • Like 1

Couldn't find a full list doing a search so I loaded the game up to get a full list for you dood:

Laharl
Flonne
Etna
Sicily
Girl Laharl
Pure Flonne
Player 2 Etna
Barbara
Xenolith
Raspberyl (think this may only be if you have this dlc)
Hanging Out
Triumph
Photo Shoot
Pure Power
Suspicions
The Arrival
Angel Shield
The Peek
Sister Army

Aftermath
Etna Pounce
Operation
Post-Op
General Etna
Royal Throne
CSEtna
The Culprits
Archeology!
Mush!
Transform
Paper > Rock
Memories

Also same thing happened to me, got a bunch of save icons then absolutely nothing. What I did was start a new cycle (talk to the mask hero in the throne room, also may want to do this save this on another file) then get the 1st bad ending (Lose the Sicily battle at the end of chapter 2) after that I went to the vending machine and the remaining icons show up within 10 minutes. I can't say if this is a sure fire method but this is how I got it dood

Edited by Wdjat Prinny Doods
  • Like 3

I don't remember this trophy being that difficult, although if I remember correctly, one of the patches adds a lot of new icons, which you may need for the trophy. I think I got all mine without any patch downloaded (or maybe just the first patch?), I would say delete the patch if you're using one, but you may not be able to load your save data from a different version if you do so, so you may just have to keep searching for any missing icons.

Here's all the icons I currently have: Laharl, Flonne, Etna, Sicily, Girl Laharl, Pure Flonne, Player 2 Etna, Barbara, & Xenolith.
Also, endings might not have much to do with it, my save shows I only did 2 playthroughs (unless those bad endings don't count).

Edited by Masamune_316
  • Like 1

I don't remember this trophy being that difficult, although if I remember correctly, one of the patches adds a lot of new icons, which you may need for the trophy. I think I got all mine without any patch downloaded (or maybe just the first patch?), I would say delete the patch if you're using one, but you may not be able to load your save data from a different version if you do so, so you may just have to keep searching for any missing icons.

Yeah the patch did add a lot of save icons and I tried to delete the patch then reload my save but wouldn't allow me so don't think you can play unpatched once you have a save with a patch dood :|

• Like 1

Yeah I was confused at first too because I don't recall having any issues with save icons at all, but I played back before any patches or DLC dropped.  I wasn't even aware new icons were patched in until I went to go look it up.  If reverting the game version doesn't work I have no other suggestions, unfortunately   :unsure:

No idea how to get the new ones to unlock.

• Like 1

OK, so do I need to do another play through? Idk if you can still trigger the alternate ending since Sicily is already in my party.

Also, thanks for the list!

Yeah the patch did add a lot of save icons and I tried to delete the patch then reload my save but wouldn't allow me so don't think you can play unpatched once you have a save with a patch dood :|

OK, so do I need to do another play through? Idk if you can still trigger the alternate ending since Sicily is already in my party.

When you do a new cycle, you start from the beginning and the story characters won't be there until beat them again dood so you will be able to trigger it. It isn't really another playthrough since you only have to play until the end of the 2nd chapter (if the method I suggest works that is). Everything carries over to the new cycle including your level, money, and equipment so getting to that point will be a breeze. Just remember to do this on another save file so you don't save over your post game work

• Like 1

When you do a new cycle, you start from the beginning and the story characters won't be there until beat them again dood so you will be able to trigger it. It isn't really another playthrough since you only have to play until the end of the 2nd chapter (if the method I suggest works that is). Everything carries over to the new cycle including your level, money, and equipment so getting to that point will be a breeze. Just remember to do this on another save file so you don't save over your post game work

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you start a "new cycle"?

• 1 year later...

Just got the trophy with all patches installed and can confirm that it's not glitched or messed up. As stated previously, the latest patch made the number of icons go from about 8/9 to around 30. If you have any DLC characters, you need to get their icons as well and 3 will come from alternate endings:

Overlord Sicily - Lose to Sicily in Episode 2, level 6: Silver Witch
The Fall of Overlord Laharl - Lose to Barbara in Episode 3, level 6: Inner Sanctum
Girl Laharl Forever - Lose to Hoggmeiser in Episode 4, level 4: Green Room

• 1 year later...
On 17/02/2016 at 5:59 PM, ProfessorStotch said:

Just got the trophy with all patches installed and can confirm that it's not glitched or messed up. As stated previously, the latest patch made the number of icons go from about 8/9 to around 30. If you have any DLC characters, you need to get their icons as well and 3 will come from alternate endings:

Hide contents
Overlord Sicily - Lose to Sicily in Episode 2, level 6: Silver Witch
The Fall of Overlord Laharl - Lose to Barbara in Episode 3, level 6: Inner Sanctum
Girl Laharl Forever - Lose to Hoggmeiser in Episode 4, level 4: Green Room

Does each ending make you start a new cycle or can you carry on after seeing the ending?

23 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Does each ending make you start a new cycle or can you carry on after seeing the ending?

From what I remember it always requires you to start a new cycle after getting an ending (bad endings force a new cycle start, normal/good send you to post-game).

My memory may be a bit fuzzy on this, but I think it's like this for all Disgaea games, except Disgaea 5.

• 2 months later...

For the life of me I can not get the pure power save icon. Am I missing an ending here? I have used the vending machine hundreds of times and it will not give it to me, it is the only one I'm missing. Anyone know what I'm not doing? 

Edited by ohmytrash

• 5 years later...
On 2/4/2015 at 12:05 PM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Well, shit.  That is going to suck.  I've been trying to earn this on the cloud version.  I decided I liked the game enough to get a physical copy.  Since I'm sure the cloud version uses the patched version of the game, I'm going to probably not be able to use my existing saves as well. ;_;

21 minutes ago, LordBilbanes said:

Well, shit.  That is going to suck.  I've been trying to earn this on the cloud version.  I decided I liked the game enough to get a physical copy.  Since I'm sure the cloud version uses the patched version of the game, I'm going to probably not be able to use my existing saves as well. ;_;

Yeah, you'll have to continue on the patched versions and get the alternate endings by being beat. It's been quite a few years since I got the plat, but doing the endings is what got me the trophy. That, I can confirm.

Stupid post patch added nonsense... lol.