How hard to platinum?

It's an easy and somewhat short platinum. Short game, but you are likely to play it through more than once. There are also some glitches connected to the orbs you must collect. Some of them doesn't seem to load sometimes, and so you may have a hard time finding some of them. It's not boring, but it's not that fun either. The gameplay and combat system etc is very rough. Most of the characters and base premise of the story is taken from the Chinese novel, Journey to the West, hence the name of the game. If you've watched or read the first series of Dragon Ball (before DBZ) from the beginning, you will probably recognize the characters. The ending of this game sucks. The engine is poorly optimized as well, so you will have a lot of texture "pop-ins" etc. The game also has a DLC.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

The collectables can be something of a pain.  There are also a few trophies for doing certain tasks against bosses in a short period of time, and you might have to save/reload a few times to get enough pattern recognition and twitch memory to knock those out.

Otherwise?  It's a reasonably simple and straightforward platinum.

I'd say the difficulty is moderate. The hardest trophies for me were those for collecting tech orbs...but that was only because didn't know there was an area on the main menu that tells you how many you've collected per chapter. There are few areas where you are being chased or have to race to the ending within a time limit, so you have to pay extra attention to making sure you don't miss any orbs.

Besides that, it wasn't too bad especially given the fact that I didn't plan to even go for the platinum in this but still ended up doing so.

• Like 2

One thing to mention is there is chapter select. So once you finish you can clean up the chapters you need to. It's still a bit of a pain to find exactly which tiny red orb you missed in the tall grass by the water >.<

Edited by Hemiak
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I want to go for platinum but I don't want to get stressed out too much.

Is playing on Hard very doable or do you recommend to start on easy/medium and go for hard in New Game+?

Very doable, just have to pay attention to dodging a little more, but if you're used to this kind of game you'll be fine... Chapter select to clean up related trophies

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm pratically done with the game, my last trophy is getting all tech orbs. Hard isn't too bad esp. If you have all upgrades then it's doable just have to be careful in a few parts of the game. Here's the guide i'm using for all tech orbs:

http://www.ign.com/faqs/2010/enslaved-tech-orb-guide-1134247

Some tech orbs are completely hidden from view and some backtracking needs to be done after dealing with mechs, etc.

I will VERY happy to finally have this game plat since it's been in my backlog for like 2 years

• Like 2

• 3 years later...