Whitelisted Games

Zaekk

Hi guys, I wondered if there was a list of games you cannot report as cheated somewhere. I searched in the forum earlier but i didn't find a topic about it, expect for the games known by everyone ( Motorstorm, Sly, Sound Shape,...)

I explain myself, after several research i saw that you can't report cheater on don't starve, and i would like to know why. As far as i know there is no glitch, save transfer or others that can explain if someone has some trophies which seem suspicious. So why is the option for report not available? And i talk about people who finished it at 100% of course.

Hi guys, I wondered if there was a list of games you cannot report as cheated somewhere. I searched in the forum earlier but i didn't find a topic about it, expect for the games known by everyone ( Motorstorm, Sly, Sound Shape,...)

I explain myself, after several research i saw that you can't report cheater on don't starve, and i would like to know why. As far as i know there is no glitch, save transfer or others that can explain if someone has some trophies which seem suspicious. So why is the option for report not available? And i talk about people who finished it at 100% of course.

You have to be a premium member to report, which you are so that's not it. I believe in the case you're talking about it means that they have already been reported and removed from the game's leardboard. You'll still be able to see the game on that person's profile though but will not have an option to report them since it's already been dealt with.

Edited by BooneJusticius

Hmm, I'm not sure to be honest. As far as I knew those were the only circumstances where you wouldn't be able to report someone. Though I suppose if the trophies in a game are notoriously glitchy and can unlock out of order then maybe the report option would be disabled for them. I'm not sure they'd ever do that though since that'd just make those games prime targets for cheaters.

Wouldn't a public withelist possibly encourage hackers to hack said games, since they couldn't be reported for them?

That was my first thought too, but on the other hand, the reason they are white listed is that they can be legitimately completed is such a short time that it would probably take longer to hack than to just play 'em.

Why? I think there is may be a dozen of games which are in this case and most of them are known by almost everybody. If you are a hacker who don t care to get caught then it s not a problem, and if you are a hacker who care you just have to do a little research about people being reported by mistake cause of glitched or others and that s all. It s my point of view at least.

In that case if you have the proof that someone cheated on a ps4 game what do you do ? Contact an admin?

Cheated and hacked are 2 different things, you know.

For example using an exploit to finish a game faster than intended is cheating, but surely not hacking.

I completely believe you but i will need an explanation for a case then , because i really don't understand how someone can unlock 80% of the trophies of a game in 10 minutes knowing that it normally can't be done legit.

I completely believe you but i will need an explanation for a case then , because i really don't understand how someone can unlock 80% of the trophies of a game in 10 minutes knowing that it normally can't be done legit.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think I know how it might be done. Possibly they started a game with Wilson, the first character. They then survived for however long you need to to obtain enough XP to unlock all characters. Then they died, causing the XP they have built up to be cashed, and all characters (and associated trophies) to unlock. They then load a save (from USB or PS+ maybe) to get back to where they were before dying, and finish the requirements for the remaining trophies, before dying again and causing those to pop.

Trophies would appear to have been unlocked in a short space of time using this method.

Wouldn't that work in this game? I might be wrong, haven't played it in a while or looked up the people you suspect of cheating/hacking.

Like you said it is possible to unlock all characters in one go, by surviving 80 days in one session in sand box mode . But this doesn't work for maxwell because between each worlds days are cumulated you cannot do it in adventure mode like in sand box mode.

Edited by Zaekk

Like you said it is possible to unlock all characters in one go, by surviving 80 days in one session in sand box mode . But this doesn't work for maxwell because between each worlds days are cumulated you cannot do it in adventure mode like in sand box mode.

Couldn't you start in adventure mode, then in the last world spend 80 days, build the Accomploshrine, then use it 725 times, then use the portal to end the game and unlock all characters and trophies?

Well if you are able to do the first four worlds in less than 8 days , so a little more than 1 hour technically yes. In reality, absolutely impossible ^^. Moreover you would need time to unlock Wes too because you have to find him as well.

Edit : You have to do the five worlds actually because you unlock maxwell in the 6th one

Edited by Zaekk

Well if you are able to do the first four worlds in less than 8 days , so a little more than 1 hour technically yes. In reality, absolutely impossible ^^. Moreover you would need time to unlock Wes too because you have to find him as well.

Edit : You have to do the five worlds actually because you unlock maxwell in the 6th one

If it's technically possible, then don't we need to give them the benefit of the doubt? I mean, they might have practiced on an alt account and become really good at the game or something?

When i mean technically possible it is but if you have played the game and unlock these characters then you know it is not possible. The map are totally random, are huge and you cannot just go at a certain location juste to take what you need to go the next world. It would take less than 10 min to do each world. Again  if you have played the game you know nobody can do it. And with the first character above all things ><

Edited by Zaekk