Hardcore Gamer !

Dragon-Of-MSoft

Hmm, I don't think that is about AAA or indies, IMO is about to play/beat challenging games, let's say, a very casual gamer couldn't get all the collectibles in Guacamelee (indie game), or beat the Challenge of Gods in God of war 1. Hardcore trophy hunter would be to plat everygame and 100% of completion.

hmm, because they Buy every game? Hmmm Idk, many people buy and buy games because gaming is his/her hobby, some beat them all, some just the campaign, hard to measure.

A hardcore gamer is someone with a lifelong obsession with gaming. Someone who loves gaming like a first-bon son. Someone who lives, breathes, eats and shits gaming. Someone who will die with a controller in their hands. Someone who will be buried in a mountain of games.

That my friends is a hardcore gamer. Anything less is not good enough.

Edited by ant1th3s1s
  • Like 3

A hardcore gamer is someone with a lifelong obsession with gaming. Someone who loves gaming like a first-bon son. Someone who lives, breathes, eats and shits gaming. Someone who will die with a controller in their hands. Someone who will be buried in a mountain of games.

You have described me perfectly lol.

A hardcore gamer is a term used by people who play a variety of games, usually for multiple hours a day, to differentiate themselves to other, in their mind lesser, gamers.

In reality a hardcore gamer does not exist. We're all just gamers trying to have fun. Our reasons to be a gamer are irrelevant to everyone but ourselves.

Yup, "CAUGHT DEAD" because people who play games that they have no interest in *cough*Hannah Montana*cough* but are easy platinums/100% do exist and personally I don't take them seriously.

Oh and if you're going to call someone out on something, please have the balls to quote them personally on it.

A gamer is someone who has made a hobby of and derives enjoyment from playing video games. A hardcore gamer is one of those annoying little shits that are overly worried about their self-image as a gamer, makes it a point to make fun of others for what games they play and how much or how little they play them, and believes in the false superiority of one particular gaming platform or brand over the other and derides other people for their choice of platform.

I.E., "The PC Master Race", people who use "casual" as a noun in reference to another gamer, people that wouldn't be "caught dead" playing a certain type of game, system fanboys, etc.

^ This. For the "PC-Masterrace" a consolegamer is a casualgamer. Because with our stupid controllers we cant play serious, you know? ^_^ And our stupid consoles are weaker than Masterraces toaster. They think PS4 and XBO (which have the strongest APU ever created) is based upon smartphonehardware... Also we would all die if PSN, XBL and Steam would get connected, because we would get farmed because PC-Masterrace is so hardcore, that they need to farm consoleros due the lack of skill to beat other Masterraceplayers. #noob #consolegay #dirtypeasant #casual #yourmother  ... 

... These  Retards forget years ago what gaming really is about. Most of them are playing just AAA, because Graphics.

And... Your PC can run Witcher3 (the new Crysis1) on Ultra? Buddyyyy, you are soooo #hardcore ! (With 3.4GHz i7, 8GB RAM and GTX770 you get 30fps on HIGH-settings and FullHD!)

And for Kids, you are a hardcoregamer when you play every CoD and tell others how nice their mother is. And dont forget to flame every girl you might maybe encounter, so she can go crying to newspapers. Seriously, in my country, there is no week the newspaper "DerStandard" isnt wirting about "poor and offended" females. And now we have this feminism bullshit and it seems because of that I cant import japanese games because its supposedly oversexualized pervert bullshit ... parcels got multiple times intercepted... tsk... And in Australia they banned GTA5... holy craparonie... whats wrong with the society?

It doesnt matter which definition you take, all of them lead you to the same short answer: They are just idiots,  ruining fun for others, directly or indirectly.

Sorry if I offended someone of you, buddyyys ^_^ But deep in my heart im just pessimistic about humanity...

I could not say it better

I think 'hardcore gamer' is very subjective. Some see it as getting a completion percentage of 100%, others as getting as many ultra rare platinum trophies, or gaming for 15 hours a day, etc. 

Something like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

LOL that episode was hilarious. "We're dealing with someone.... who has absolutely no life".

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

As the title says, what defines a hardcore gamer?

Is it someone who buys every editions of a console ? Or plays AAA games and ignores indies ?

Or maybe someone who obtains platinum of eveygame he plays ?

Any standard ??

Is it someone who buys every editions of a console ?

No. That person would be an economic moron.

Or plays AAA games and ignores indies ?

No. Any person who ignores a segment of games simply because of a classification can't be "hardcore".

Or maybe someone who obtains platinum of eveygame he plays ?

No. It might work as a sufficient condition, but it's certainly not a necessary one.

i dont think fanboys can't be defined as hardcore gamers as someone said above. they are hardcore for that partcular system, but not in general. i think a true hard core gamer is someone who plays as many games as they can get their hands on regardless of the system, myself am i "wannabe" hardcore gamer. if finances allowed i would have every system availble and every game for it that i could get my grubby hands on. alas i only have a ps3 soon to have a ps4

Edited by funboy1246