Question about a few of the trophies (end-game spoilers)

DPtheGod

Hey guys,

So, I am playing on Proud mode, and gunning for the "No Continues" requirement trophy. I am at the End of the World, so I am doing good so far!

My question is, can I go through and beat the main story (obviously acquiring the "Clear Final Mix on Proud" trophy), and then keep playing the file to obtain all the other stuff I didn't finish yet (i.e. synthesizing, Ansem Reports, Hades Cup, etc.) and then, if I happen to pass over 100 hrs on this file, beat the game again for the Speedster trophy?

Thanks all!

Hey guys,

So, I am playing on Proud mode, and gunning for the "No Continues" requirement trophy. I am at the End of the World, so I am doing good so far!

My question is, can I go through and beat the main story (obviously acquiring the "Clear Final Mix on Proud" trophy), and then keep playing the file to obtain all the other stuff I didn't finish yet (i.e. synthesizing, Ansem Reports, Hades Cup, etc.) and then, if I happen to pass over 100 hrs on this file, beat the game again for the Speedster trophy?

Thanks all!

Beating the game will you return to the last save point before the final boss, so you can work on everything else after that.

not sure about Speedster unlocking after you beat the game a second time on the same run.

• Like 1

Of course you can, but from my experience you'll end the farming at 80 hours maximum, and that's only if you're slow, anyway you still haven't completed the game on Beginner or Normal, so way don't you make one of those playtroughts an Speedrun?, You should be aware that in this game difficulty trophies does not stack, so you'll have to complete the game 3 times in order to achieve the Plat anyway.

• Like 3

Thanks for the input you guys. I was thinking the same thing as well. My plan was to do normal mode without changing equipment, then doing Easy with Speedster.

I also wanted to ask, anyone know of a good guide to use for Gummi missions for the blueprints? Obviously it's time to grind for materials. :( I checked out the trophy guide on here, I was just wondering if there was anything else. I suck with the Gummi missions lol

Thanks for the input you guys. I was thinking the same thing as well. My plan was to do normal mode without changing equipment, then doing Easy with Speedster.

I also wanted to ask, anyone know of a good guide to use for Gummi missions for the blueprints? Obviously it's time to grind for materials. :( I checked out the trophy guide on here, I was just wondering if there was anything else. I suck with the Gummi missions lol

I found this guide helpful with regards to what equipment to load: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/30943

Atlantica mission 3 was by far the most difficult. Probably took me 30 attempts before getting it. Also sometimes Monstro will decide to eat you, and then you get no credit for the mission, even if you would have made it.

Edited by ChicagoRedSox
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Bumping dead topic, need advice. I'm on beginner going for unchanging armor and other trophies on first play through. 

Having a hard time against cloud at lvl 44 47 or 48  . Can I beat him at that level but need to be better at parry and block timing?

My options:

• Can I finish the game in hollow bastion without sealing the keyhole in Olympus?
  • Should I grind out some levels? What level? My mp is only like 5 I think and my health hasn't finished the curve around to the straight line I see in videos. I picked the shield and think I chose dusk, if that matters. 
  • Trying to get speedster and level to 100 but will probably have to do a reload from hollow bastion and go back to finish, + optional bosses, collectibles, etc then beat the game again at 100 hours. Basically I want to be done with unchanging armor as quick as possible to do the others better and more efficient.
  • Haven't synthesized anything and only did a few gummi missions, do those give me XP? Worthwhile xp or are the items the only reason to do some sooner than others?
Edited by Not_like_therest

if I happen to pass over 100 hrs on this file, beat the game again for the Speedster trophy?

I have heard about this and spoken with a few people who claim to have done it. Never did it personally, but you would not be the first to try.

• 4 months later...

I found this guide helpful with regards to what equipment to load: http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps2/516587-kingdom-hearts/faqs/30943

Atlantica mission 3 was by far the most difficult. Probably took me 30 attempts before getting it. Also sometimes Monstro will decide to eat you, and then you get no credit for the mission, even if you would have made it.

Thanks! I'm glad someone made a guide for this, this was the only thing in my old account that was frustrating me. ^_^