Sore Losers

palmersib

I thought this would be an interesting feed. Out of all the games you've played that have had the option to play online have you ever come across a sore loser & on what game did it happen on?

I've only ever had it happen once to me & I was for Dead Rising 2. hopefully the picture I've added to this works so then people can see what I got in a private message from someone after they lost to me while playing online

post-106873-0-40982300-1423147811_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I remember winning a DM on Resistance FoM and someone messaged me simply saying 'noob'. (I'll point out, I used only Carbine Rifle and Frag Grenades)

On Burnout Paradise I remember being on a winstreak, then when I lost, the winning player used his 'Smugshot' to hold a note to his camera reading "F*** U Gandalf". I reported him.

And on Red Faction Guerrilla, (this isnt a sore loser but its worth mentioning because of how absurd it is) my team was horribly outmatched and everyone except me quit. The other team was obviously winning, they had a section of the map fortified but I kept pushing hard and got a few kills despite dying a lot. After the match, one of the other players messaged me calling me a...no kidding here, a Jew. To this day, I don't get it. (maybe he'd watched too much South Park) I just shrugged it off and continued on my platinum quest.

One more. Another Resistance FoM incident that made me laugh. A guy who was on voice chat was sniping atop a ledge. I came up behind him, I was running so i would've been visible on his radar, and POW melee kill. He started moaning and whining and swearing about it, but I just thought, serves him right for not having the situational awareness to see me on his radar.

Well, there're some stories of soreness for you. Hope you enjoyed reading them.

I've never had someone message me afterward, but in Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, and Asphalt on Vita, if I'm winning they will disconnect. It really ruins the multiplayer aspects and people should be penalized for a disconnect in my opinion. I consider that a sore loser and should I be losing I definitely don't pull that shit.

A friend of mine told me a story recently about their Destiny experience. They were playing Salvage or something, it was a small team-vs-team fight. The guy's a good player but was maybe tired or off his game and was not playing to his potential. One of his teammates messaged him after they lost the match, telling him how much he sucked.

But I've saved the best for last. I had a sore winner get mad at me because I didn't pose enough of a challenge or something. He cursed me out over the voice chat.

• Like 2

Madden 15 online has been bad. I have only finished 1 game where I was winning where the other guy didn't quit before the game was over.

One time there was like 15 seconds left in the 4th quarter and the guy I was playing scored a touchdown to presumably tie the game with an extra point. Instead, he went for the 2 point conversion to win it and not go to overtime and he failed to convert. Immediately after, he quit the game. Really man? You couldn't just wait the 15 seconds and accept defeat?

Edited by PLamb858
  • Like 1

I was accused of cheating in LBP Karting. I figured I was just good at racing games, but this guy named Adell didn't think so. He came in 2nd every time I raced him.

He finally had enough when I was losing on the final lap of a race and then I came back at the last second to pass him for the win. Wasn't offended. In fact, I thought it was quite funny!

The thing about mine as well is that there were 2 other people playing along on my incident & out of the 3 people playing against me only one of them happened to get in a mood & private messaged me with "You are a cheating faggot pussy bitch, try winning without modding you cocksucker, oh, you can't because you suck balls. Get a life you fucking pussy."

It isn't online or on PlayStation, but my friend when we play smash bros. on Wii u. He's really bad at the game, and when I win he calls everything cheap. Even strategic combos he says "oh that's cheap!" Or "thanks man." Sometimes I'll let him win, but then he'll think he's awesome and starts cheering.

Back when I was going for the destiny plat. Hitting the crucible with the vex mythoclast before it got that giant nerf. Best match was 37-3 but took next to no skill because the gun was completely overpowered. During this about two week period I received about 10 hate messages, about 5 messages telling me to leave because the vex made it not fair, and I even received a death threat. Needless to say I reported the person to sony, and felt pretty accomplished for nothing truly amazing =P

• Like 1

Possible solution to people quitting MP matches - the game should take away points, (XP, ranking points, a skill level, whatever) at the beginning of the match and save that fact. At the end of the match, all players get them back after the final score screens, with the winner receiving a winner's bonus. If someone quits on you, they forfeit the points while those that remain in the game retain their points.

This might stop people from rage-quitting halfway through a game, as they'd have to see it through to the end in order to at least break even. The penalty might have to be relatively harsh though?

Possible solution to people quitting MP matches - the game should take away points, (XP, ranking points, a skill level, whatever) at the beginning of the match and save that fact. At the end of the match, all players get them back after the final score screens, with the winner receiving a winner's bonus. If someone quits on you, they forfeit the points while those that remain in the game retain their points.

This might stop people from rage-quitting halfway through a game, as they'd have to see it through to the end in order to at least break even. The penalty might have to be relatively harsh though?

• Like 1

Naruto Shippuden UNS2 added how many times you've quit during a match to the gamer profile. That was a good solution, because you could check a gamer's profile before challenging players. The only drawback was if you lost the connection accidentally, it would also register that as quitting a match..