Sore Losers

palmersib

Possible solution to people quitting MP matches - the game should take away points, (XP, ranking points, a skill level, whatever) at the beginning of the match and save that fact. At the end of the match, all players get them back after the final score screens, with the winner receiving a winner's bonus. If someone quits on you, they forfeit the points while those that remain in the game retain their points.

Like an ante in a card game. I love the idea! I think it totally solves the problem eloquently. I have some buddies in game design, I'll see what they think about implementing it. 

Naruto Shippuden UNS2 added how many times you've quit during a match to the gamer profile. That was a good solution, because you could check a gamer's profile before challenging players. The only drawback was if you lost the connection accidentally, it would also register that as quitting a match..

Hopefully any system that keeps track penalizes proportionally to the number of times disconnected. 

OP, you're message pic had me rolling  :lol:

On topic, I don't really remember anyone complaining about me except for one time:

I was playing CoD4 and someone over the mic called me a "pussy" for coming in first (I don't know either) and I just replied, "You are what you eat" and that had the entire lobby burst out laughing and the guy left the match lol

• Like 2

I thought this would be an interesting feed. Out of all the games you've played that have had the option to play online have you ever come across a sore loser & on what game did it happen on?

I've only ever had it happen once to me & I was for Dead Rising 2. hopefully the picture I've added to this works so then people can see what I got in a private message from someone after they lost to me while playing online

Haha the guy is absolute wanker, i'd piss him off even more by saying it's not my fault that your level of skill is equivalent of a child's :awesome:

• Like 2

I was only doing what I was doing to try & get a trophy for the game. the trophy was to spend 6 million dollars in game the main game & an easy way to get money was to do this side game from the main menu, the amount of points you got by the end of the game would be converted into in game money. I had be repeatedly doing it till I had saved up the required amount for the trophy but on this time out of the 4 of us that were playing I happened to come first & I had at least twice as many points as the other 3 players by the end of it & well, you've seen what I got in return for me doing well while they did crap

Naruto Shippuden UNS2 added how many times you've quit during a match to the gamer profile. That was a good solution, because you could check a gamer's profile before challenging players. The only drawback was if you lost the connection accidentally, it would also register that as quitting a match..

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted, the system I proposed might be unfair on those with bad connections. On balance though, it sounds like "losers keep quitting on me" is a bigger problem from a developer's and your average MP gamer's perspective than "my connection is crappy".

Yeah, I thought of that after I posted, the system I proposed might be unfair on those with bad connections. On balance though, it sounds like "losers keep quitting on me" is a bigger problem from a developer's and your average MP gamer's perspective than "my connection is crappy".

Whether it's a bad connection or a sore loser, the result to the other player is the same. I don't care if you are a rage quitter or just someone who thinks copper-broadband is acceptable, either way I don't want to waste time in matches that won't finish - it sucks if bad internet is all you can afford, but it suck a lot worse for the person who does pay for the good internet and gets scunnered by the other persons connection.

On topic - I get these plenty, and I find it tends to be in games that require thought rather than raw reflexes - Assassins Creed, The Last of Us, Dark Souls etc. I think a lot of the CoD Crew try these games, and try to play them like you would play CoD - running around relying on twitch reflexes - and get completely owned as a result. They then think you are 'cheating' because in their eyes they are better than you (as they think it should be about raw reflexes) and send raging messages (which in their eyes are acceptable since that is the norm for CoD matches anyways)

I actually quite like CoD, sometimes, but cannot play online with randoms, as I simply won't allow that kind of racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-semetic bile in the same room that my infant son plays with his Elmo toys (whether he is there at the time or not!)

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 4

So far it may not be big as everyone else here but mine were

GTA IV (Quitting when your about to win in race, deathmatch and any sort of game mp)

Tekken 6 (Claims your a dirty fighter cause your not following tradition)

The Last of US (sooking over losing the round)

Call of Duty (Not contributing the game despite how all they do is goof off and waste others time)

So far its nothing anyone could do other than to mute and/or put them in the block list, when they send a message just ignore and delete.

Its strange though why would people tell them to get a life? When did playing games become a life

As for the sore losers who rage quit is one of the reasons why I hate mp I wasn't much of a booster until those patterns of quitters keep arising such as AC brotherhood and GTA IV

oh yeah... whenever I get hate messages I just respond back with dry smartass humor instead of throwing insults back... had one send a friend request and offer to help boost trophies after 15 minutes of his initial message... had one go from cussing me out to talking about life and feelings and stuff... freakin hilarious...

Step 1. Start steam Step 2. Start a competetive match on counter strike global offensive Step 3. Win and embrace the butthurt

I have gotten so much hate on that game, so much that if i don't atleast get 2-3 cheater complaints then that must mean i did bad in a round

The one that sticks with me is actually a sore winner.

Had a nice clean race with a guy in NFS: The Run. Got to the final straightaway and he tries to sideswipe me off the road. I tried to push back but ended up crashing.  I was pretty pissed but it's expected playing an arcade racing game right? I then get a series of angry messages from him all pissed off about how I tried to take him out and why can't I race clean. We had never touched all race before he hit me on a wide open straightaway. :blink: Got into a bit of a text shouting match pleading my case, but ultimately just blocked the person and quit for the night. Livid.

Playing Red Faction Guerilla: This douchenozzle on the other team, did nothing but trash talk through his mic... All he did, was scream into the mic... He and a bunch of high level players, that did nothing but play RFG online, were wiping the floor with my team and I. Finally, we just magically demolished the other team. That guy got so pissed, called me a thug, some other shit. It was hilarious. I reverse trolled him for a good 30 mins before he just kept repeating the same thing calling me a little girl, talking about how he has a big house, 3 cars, blah blah, blah. I kept blasting him, until he stopped... Then out of the blue he decided to send me a friend request.  xD.

Really dislike guys like that, and the sad fact is mp is populated by these airheaded wannabe alpha dog types that think the "skill"  they have makes them better than anyone else. 

Only two I can recall is back when I played Modern Warfare 2. I played a FFA match and I must have kept killing the same person over and over because after the match I got a message saying "Fuck offffffffff". I'm not sure what the point of all the F's were. The other one was when I won a match using an ACR with an ACOG scope, and this one guy on the other team kept going "Wow nice scope you fuckin' noob". Oh, sorry I used an item the game allows me to use.

Hence why I tend to avoid MP altogether apart from co-op.

I get it occasionally, mostly in fighting games or the 2 Dark Souls games, I tend to mostly ignore them though. If they go past just bitching because they lost & resort to things like accusing me of cheating or just hurling insults, then they get blocked & possibly reported (depends on how bad the message is).

Got hated on The Last Of Us for losing. Was having a bad game and got my arse kicked. Received a message calling me a pussy and a 'patetic gamer'.I checked the guys profile he was PSN level 4 with a shitty completion rate. So messaged him back telling him to grow up, learn to spell and compare profiles. I never heard from him again.

• Like 1

I've only played a few games that allow for PvP. The game where I've received the most hate was on TLoU because that game is HUGELY inconsistent. There was one game where my friend had a massive lag spike to the point that an opponent killed him, but he got right back up and killed the guy who killed him and then about 20 seconds later, my friend died. The guy on the enemy team called my friend out for hacking so I sent him a message explaining what happened and he apologized. But truth is, TLoU has so many flaws, how anyone can give it a 10/10 baffles my mind since a 10/10 implies it's flawLESS, which it clearly is not.

For the Last of Us they always complain for tedious things like First person and fighting games. In all honesty for the last of us just go for the trophy who cares if you win or lose your only aiming to complete the journey trophies you still get supplies either way the only difference is you only get more supplies if your team is the winner which is practically useless cause its just gonna help build up more survivors. The only time you need more survivors is if your aiming to get the populace trophy and the knowing the basics after that it doesn't matter if you win or lose