Punk/Hardcore Fans

Havok__84

I saw there's one of both Hip-Hop and Metal but none of Punk so here it is, videos and discussions of your favorites or if you've never listened to it before but want to give it a try.

This genre is subject to a lot of opinions and disagreements of what is punk and what isn't, even more so than the arguments Metal Elitists make about Metal.

So to simplify this all forms of it are welcome here, 70's, 80s, 90's, Ska-Punk, Pop-Punk, Post-Hardcore, except no Metalcore or Deathcore bands. Thats what the Metalhead Thread is for.

The Exploited - Punks Not Dead

• Like 1

Hey guys, I'm not really a hardcore punk kind of guy but some of my favourite bands are ones that I think classify as Pop-Punk or Rock-Punk. I do listen to the occasional Punk song that I've heard off games like Guitar Hero, overall though I just listen to what I think sounds good. Here are a few songs from my favourite bands and just soft-punk songs I like in general (Sorry if they aren't considered 'Punk' enough for this thread)

• Like 2

Anything from Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Husker Du, Danzig era Misfits, Propagandhi, Germs, Circle Jerks, X, early Replacements, Descendents, Bad Brains to name a few. Don't want to create a huge list or post too many videos.

• Like 4

@Havok_84 - I've got that Black Flag Nervous Breakdown image on a T-Shirt, The butt crack actually looks like a butt crack on the shirt. I am a punk fan all the way back to the sex pistols, radio birdman etc etc.

@BhekifaZ - I never knew there was a video for Big A Little A

And yes I'm a punk fan but in all honesty, Turbeo Negro get's more music time in my house then any other band.

• Like 1

Couldn't find the entire album so here's a few of my favourite songs from it. Unfortunately some piece of shit murdered Mia Zapata and The Gits stopped making music. However they did release Frenching the Bully which is one of my all time favourite albums.

• Like 2

I love 70's and 80's punk. Sex Pistols were the real deal, and some of their groupies like Billy Idol and Siouxsie Sioux went on to be good musicians themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhP8mL91NUM

Then there's the infamous Bill Grundy interview where the Today show had intended on bringing in Queen for an interview and got Sex Pistols instead, who proceeded to drop the first pre-watershed f-bomb on live TV ever and call Bill Grundy a dirty sod for being a dirty bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p25SdQEnhHI

• Like 2

Then I forgot about the best punk band that never was, The Avengers, who recorded some stuff in the late 70s but never really went anywhere with it. I'm pretty sure they actually sucked and they have one song that could possibly get your ass kicked if you play it around the wrong people (then again, if you're listening to punk and you aren't offended, you're doing it wrong), but I enjoy them nonetheless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8IYGQgRoU0

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1