Patch 1.02 Erases Your Collectibles Progress

After The Rain

Just a heads up to anyone who has been playing Escape Dead Island before the 1.02 patch came out, if you download the newest patch it erases all of the collectibles you picked up. I was playing the 7th level and took a photo and got 1 out of 86 at the bottom of my screen. I decided to delete the patch and load the game back up to see if my collectibles were back but they weren't. I luckily backed up the save (pre-patch) on a USB about a week ago so I didn't have to do much to get back to were I left off with all my collectibles intact.

There's a lot of problems playing the game without the 1.01 or 1.02 patch (lag and audio issues) but it's better then starting over again.

Edited by After The Rain
  • Like 1

Without the patch the game lagged for me a lot in the Jungle, anywhere else seemed to be okay, I had audio problems but upon loading the game up again it seems to be back to normal. I'm assuming you've never played it (not on your trophy card), thus not knowing how horrible it is even with the patch installed. Since a 2nd playthrough is required for platinum, I'd rather not have to do a 3rd. No details about the patch but I assume it's for the pending DLC trophies.

Edit:

What I've encountered with all 3 "versions" so far:

Without any patches (played about 2 hrs):

- Minor lag in certain areas, audio gone completely (restarting the game seems to fix this)

With 1.01 installed (played the most):

- Freezing issues, endless loading screens, zombies stuck in floor

With 1.02 installed (played about 1/2 hr):
- Freezing issues (+ collectibles erased if you've played before this patch)

Seems no matter the patch, there's problems. 

Edited by After The Rain
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I had the DLC installed a long time ago, hopefully I won't get reset cuz then I won't have a way to correct it.

Quite sure that the issue is having the patch but not having the DLC because the patch opens up the path for the new collectibles (audio logs from Roland) and without DLC, those are inacessible what I suspect to make the collectible counter glitch and reset. Just make sure your save hasn't been updated to 1.02 without DLC because if it's saved while reset, you might have been screwed up.

• 1 year later...