Crashing

CastIronCobwebs

The closer I was to the ending, the more often it crashed. I think it crashed 4 or 5 times for me. I'm guessing it has to do with the game keeping track of more and more stuff. The first few times it was loading a new area, later it was opening a lockbox and while saving. :S

• 2 months later...

Managed to plat this last night and feel pleased just to be able to delete this glitched crashy pile of unfinished/tested code off my PS4

The amount of times the game crashed at crucial points was ridiculous and then having to beat the Zeus (small) boss several times as the mirror shield kept getting stuck in scenery, spoilt any enjoyment of the title.

I am sure there is a half reasonable game in there somewhere, but in its current state sadly it just ends up being frustrating rather than rewarding

I just cannot fathom why someone would spend all that time and effort creating something and then release it so bug ridden that it makes players dislike the title.

Shame

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

This game sucks. The patches might have fixed a trophy, but they didn't fix any of the problems. The game has crashed multiple times already. A bunch of my stuff simply disappeared from my inventory. I've been thrown through floors, walls, and God knows what else.

Let me repeat an earlier sentiment. DO NOT BUY. Even for the $2.99 I paid, it isn't worth the hassle.

• 3 months later...

It definitely still happens, but I just beat Zeus and I probably had to deal with it crashing maybe 3 times in the whole thing. Not a major issue as the game autosaves pretty often. If you find you have been in one area for a long time (Hephaestus' Forge comes to mind) just make a save after a bit and you will be good.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
5 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Is this game still crashing like crazy? I started it when it was free on PS+ years ago.  Got one trophy then I ditched the game. It crashed 6 times in less then one hour of gameplay. Would really like to go from 1% to 100%. 

I never had any difficulties with this game, didn't crash at all for me even when I played it on release.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaScorpio_ said:

I never had any difficulties with this game, didn't crash at all for me even when I played it on release.

Guess I’ll give this a go then. If I get a lot of crashes and stop playing I will probably still have more than 1% trophy completion.  

• 1 year later...

Make sure you have enough slots for every item you take from a lockbox. For example, if you attempt to grab 5 arrows, you should have no more than 45 in your inventory, as the game doesn't seem to like when you're unable to take all 5 and it might crash.

• 2 months later...

Finished playing through this on the PS5 and gameplay was almost flawless and uninterrupted. Experienced a grand total of 2 crashes. Once when opening a lockbox and once when fighting Zeus the second time.

Olympian difficulty glitch still works on the most recent patch. Just save after every ‘meaningful’ in-game acquisition for peace of mind and you’re good to go.

Overall, an easy and fun platinum. Really liked the style of the game. My revisit of this game started out as a trophy cleanup effort, but shortly turned into a very enjoyable gaming experience.