New To Minecraft

MrAncientAlien

Hey everyone....

Ok... So. I just got Minecraft for PS4. Have a question about it, since I have no idea what I'm doing. Never played it, never got involved.

The point of it? I understand you can build and explore, but what else is there? I don't see any online maps or anything, so how would you share designs you've made? Or is it basically just a offline game?

Think of it as this: You're one man dropped into the wild with three objectives: 1. Survive for 100 days 2. Build a 500 meter long minecart rail 3. Slay the Enderdragon. Everything in Minecraft builds up to those three objectives.

Srsly though, Minecart really has no point except whatever point you feel like giving it. That's the point.

• Like 1

You can invite people to come join your lobby. You can open it to the public if you wish, but I prefer to have it set to invite-only because i don't like people wrecking my shit. Find a buddy to play it with and don't think about the trophies for a while. I prefer playing on peaceful so I can just mine and build without having to worry about the shitty combat and shitty creepers blowing up my shit.

Yup.

Yeah, Minecraft doesn't really have a point or end objective. Even the main "quest" (kill the Enderdragon) doesn't change anything, and you continue playing like you did before. Basically, you build things with blocks, until you get bored. This is probably why it's so popular with little kids.

what most people dont know is the hidden message behind all those minecraft hype.

12448372.jpg

srsly, this game has no objective like mentioned before, do whatever you want, explore the opportunities.

i could not get into it on the PC.. its just not my kind of Kraft

• Like 1

If you're on this website then you'll eventually wanna look at the trophy list and go for the plat, but yeah Minecraft is really just about surviving and/or seeing what kinda big, impressive stuff you can build. 

When you first start you'll wanna get some wood to build a house.  Very soon you'll wanna mine some stone to make a wall around the house, plant a garden for a dependable food source, and maybe build a pen to keep some animals.  Most everything else is just elaborating on these ideas.  Eventually you'll have a nice village/fort/whatever, with fancy brick walls and redstone lights you can turn on and off (or that work on a daylight sensor to turn on automatically at night).  And eventually you'll get bored and wander off a day's journey away, through jungle and desert.  If you don't die you'll start a new settlement--or find a preexisting village or temple to work with--then build a big path back to the first, maybe with a huge bridge over a big lake.  Maybe you'll be so impressed you'll put a video on youtube to show it off.

It can be kind of addictive at times; there's definitely a lot more replayability than most games.  Like everything though, it's all about what you put into it.

Also, unlike most games half of Minecraft's profits come from t-shirt and toy sales, so they just keep providing free updates for the game.  Horses were a recent big edition, and the PC version just got a new end boss that will eventually get added to PlayStation as well.

Edited by kitthirteen