Ability to close, open and delete my own threads.

No it's not a good idea 

example 1: Someone creates some highly offensive thread and begins to make everyone cry, within 20 minutes they delete and the mods did not see it

edit: deleting is not a good idea, I think premium members or was it everyone? Can lock their own threads.

Edited by Ham

The ability to open and close your own threads would be nice for things such as contests and giveaways, but the thread creator could just as easily message a mod and ask them to do it for them. I can't see it adding much good, but like Ham said, I can certainly see it causing quite a number of problems.

• Like 1

Premium members can lock their own threads, I'm not sure whether it can be opened again. As for deleting a thread, I think only Sly can do that, not sure if the mods have that power too. And I have to agree with what Ham said, an option to delete threads can cause a lot of trouble around here.

For Premium members who want to know how to lock a thread, there should be an option called Topic Moderation on the right hand side of your created thread. You can lock it from there.

Edit : Just tried to see if a locked thread can be unlocked. Turns out you can. Can't be unlocked if its locked by a mod I think....

Edited by IntenseFATE98
  • Like 2

As said, Premium members can lock/unlock their own threads. This is done because generally if someone has out some of their own money into a site, they are far less likely to act like a jackass and cause trouble. A regular user that has no money or time invested in the site is more likely to cause issues and as such they aren't going to have the power to lock or unlock threads. 

If you need a thread locked, unlocked or deleted you can either report it or simply send me a PM and I can do it for you. I am generally on multiple times a day so you shouldn't have to wait too long for a resolution. 

Edit : Just tried to see if a locked thread can be unlocked. Turns out you can. Can't be unlocked if its locked by a mod I think....

Threads can be unlocked by the OP if he is Premium even if a mod locks it. It is a pretty damn easy way to get a warning point or two though.  :lol: Also, mods have the ability to delete threads as well, Sly doesn't have enough time to deal with all that garbage by himself. 

Parker

• Like 3

As the title says

I suggest giving members the ability to close, open and delete thier threads.

See the makeshift table below for the current situation:

| Create Thread| (Un)lock Thread |   Delete Thread  | Even More|

Regular Member    |          X            |                              |                             |                   |

Premium Member  |          X            |           X                 |                             |                   |

Moderator              |          X            |           X                 |             X              |                   |

Owner                    |          X            |           X                 |             X              |        X         |

Creating that table took longer than expected, why is there no 'Insert Table' option for the forum posts?

Threads can be unlocked by the OP if he is Premium even if a mod locks it. It is a pretty damn easy way to get a warning point or two though:lol: Also, mods have the ability to delete threads as well, Sly doesn't have enough time to deal with all that garbage by himself. 

Parker

I never knew that, good to know though

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

Threads can be unlocked by the OP if he is Premium even if a mod locks it. It is a pretty damn easy way to get a warning point or two though.  :lol: Also, mods have the ability to delete threads as well, Sly doesn't have enough time to deal with all that garbage by himself. 

Parker

Good To know lol xD Didnt know it was possible to unlock a thread even though a mod locks it. Thanks for the reply!