Will the PS4 release get a new trophy list?

MMDE

It would be cool if they made a new trophy list for the PS4 release, and if this release had a slightly different trophy list, especially some trophies including the PS3 versions DLCs that had none, or something related to something that has change / is new in the PS4 release. I know there is a new boss, so it would be cool if it had a trophy.

I do see that PSNP has yet to set Dark Souls II's trophy list to be for the PS4, so I kinda assume it will have a new trophy list. I mean, the game is supposedly pretty much done now according to FROM SOFTWARE, so the trophy list should most certainly have been set by now I'd think. :S

Personally, I will be picking the PS4 version up if it has trophies. All the changes, upgrades and the DLCs are very tempting and the trophies just seals the deal for me seeing as I want to have all the Souls trophies. :P

What do you guys think and what do you hope for? Are you going to get the game?

• Like 1

A new trophy list that includes the DLC would be great but I'm gonna assume It will just be the original trophy list unfortunately. I'm a big fan of the Souls games but I won't be getting this at launch, mainly because It's out right after Bloodborne. I will pick it up eventually though.   

A new trophy list that includes the DLC would be great but I'm gonna assume It will just be the original trophy list unfortunately. I'm a big fan of the Souls games but I won't be getting this at launch, mainly because It's out right after Bloodborne. I will pick it up eventually though.   

But do you think it will have it's own stacking trophy list? Or do you think it will share the same?

It will have it's own just like every other game that gets re-released on PS4.

Is this really true? I'm just wondering if it's always like this, or are there exceptions? I will get the game if they do make a new trophy list.

It would have been awesome if they changed the trophy list a little, like adding a trophy for the new boss and the bosses in the DLC etc.

As long as it doesn't have cross-save, which I'm pretty sure it won't, then it will have it's own trophy list. Whether that list includes the exact same trophies as the PS3 version, nobody knows. I'll be picking it up regardless since I bypassed the PS3 version in anticipation of this. 

Is this really true? I'm just wondering if it's always like this, or are there exceptions? I will get the game if they do make a new trophy list.

It would have been awesome if they changed the trophy list a little, like adding a trophy for the new boss and the bosses in the DLC etc.

It's true since I can't think of one that doesn't. Games that are released at a later date as remastered or some edition, it's kind of a new game title so it really should have a separate trophy list. Plus I think game companies have caught on that it will get a few more sales if it has a separate trophy list mainly from people who have already played it on the older system.

As long as it doesn't have cross-save, which I'm pretty sure it won't, then it will have it's own trophy list. Whether that list includes the exact same trophies as the PS3 version, nobody knows. I'll be picking it up regardless since I bypassed the PS3 version in anticipation of this. 

Cross-save is absolutely no indication in any way.

It's true since I can't think of one that doesn't. Games that are released at a later date as remastered or some edition, it's kind of a new game title so it really should have a separate trophy list. Plus I think game companies have caught on that it will get a few more sales if it has a separate trophy list mainly from people who have already played it on the older system.

It's not just true because you can't think of any that does, that's simply not how it works buddy, but I couldn't think about any either, so I'm very unsure.

Yeah, you'd think they'd learn by now, especially with a re-release, but this simply isn't the case. Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 both got DLCs, the latter even three DLCs without any trophies... I didn't get any of the DLCs for PS3, because I thought they were rather expensive and no trophies lol. But I have the Dark Souls 1 DLC on PC, because I got the game on PC too. I totally didn't get that one for the soundtrack on disc. xD Dark Souls 2 came with soundtrack in MP3 format on a CD... like wtf?! If I wanted that I would just have downloaded it from somewhere. Not only does it not play in most CD players, but it's lower quality.

I've seen many games that has got a later release sharing the trophy list, take for example Rainbow Moon. After enough sales of the PS3 version, they started developing a Vita version, which ended up sharing the trophy list. This I find most unfortunate, because if I had a Vita, I'd totally do the game again on it if it had a stacking trophy list. In that case you could purchase each game separate or both bundled (IIRC).

I know New n Tasty is currently being ported to PS3 and Vita, I don't know if the Vita version will ever come, but I won't be playing the PS3 version, because I already got the platinum on the PS4 version, and all three trophy lists will stack. I believe they even asked people about how we wanted the trophy lists to be, and while I was awaiting the game, I totally missed this part. :( As long as they aren't cross save, I very much prefer stacking trophy lists over shared.

It's not just true because you can't think of any that does, that's simply not how it works buddy, but I couldn't think about any either, so I'm very unsure.

Yeah, you'd think they'd learn by now, especially with a re-release, but this simply isn't the case. Dark Souls 1 and Dark Souls 2 both got DLCs, the latter even three DLCs without any trophies... I didn't get any of the DLCs for PS3, because I thought they were rather expensive and no trophies lol. But I have the Dark Souls 1 DLC on PC, because I got the game on PC too. I totally didn't get that one for the soundtrack on disc. xD Dark Souls 2 came with soundtrack in MP3 format on a CD... like wtf?! If I wanted that I would just have downloaded it from somewhere. Not only does it not play in most CD players, but it's lower quality.

I've seen many games that has got a later release sharing the trophy list, take for example Rainbow Moon. After enough sales of the PS3 version, they started developing a Vita version, which ended up sharing the trophy list. This I find most unfortunate, because if I had a Vita, I'd totally do the game again on it if it had a stacking trophy list. In that case you could purchase each game separate or both bundled (IIRC).

I know New n Tasty is currently being ported to PS3 and Vita, I don't know if the Vita version will ever come, but I won't be playing the PS3 version, because I already got the platinum on the PS4 version, and all three trophy lists will stack. I believe they even asked people about how we wanted the trophy lists to be, and while I was awaiting the game, I totally missed this part. :( As long as they aren't cross save, I very much prefer stacking trophy lists over shared.

Yea I guess so. New n Tasty will have a shared trophy list. You can also tell when you look at the trophies, it will say beside the game title the systems it's for. Example beside New n Tasty it says PS4, PS3 & Vita. So it's a shared list. New n Tasty was announced for all PlayStation consoles from the start even though they said PS4 version will be released first. This is the main reason it has a shared list though if they wanted I'd say they could of made it a separate list. PlayStation All Stars Battle Royal has both PS3 & PS Vita separate trophy lists even though I think they came out at the same time as does other games. It's mainly down to their choice.

Ported games also don't count as a new game as a remastered game would. I'd say it would be up to the company if they wanted a shared list or not for a ported game.

Also on the cross saves, even though a lot of cross saves games do have the same trophy list it doesn't mean that it will. Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3 have cross saves but have separate trophy list. If you're sneaky enough you can get the platinum on both versions with doing all the work on one (if you copy over your saves just before unlocking trophies).

This is just my opinion, if it's correct or not is another matter ^_^  

It was my understanding that they were no longer allowing cross-save games to have separate lists to prevent auto-popping. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any ported or new games in the last year that use cross-save have had a separate list. Take Borderlands Vita for example. 

Edited by MatCauthon

Ported games also don't count as a new game as a remastered game would. I'd say it would be up to the company if they wanted a shared list or not for a ported game.

Ported games still often get a new trophy list.

Also, I don't know much of a remaster this is. The PS3 version will also get a patch with most of these updates, though with some lacking. It's more like PS4, X1 and DX11 or whatever can run the games more as initially intended.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

It was my understanding that they were no longer allowing cross-save games to have separate lists to prevent auto-popping. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any ported or new games in the last year that use cross-save have had a separate list. Take Borderlands Vita for example. 

What about Sound Shapes PS4 in Japan? That came out at the beginning of last year iirc

It would be nice if the trophy list is updated with the Scholar of the First Sin content and maybe add DLC trophies for the 3 Crown DLCs. But that last one is very unlikely. I still wish the Artorias of the Abyss DLC from Dark Souls had trophies too. A trophy for beating Sanctuary Guardian, Artorias, Manus, and Kalameet would've been awesome.