How many people have you blocked?

Bonzi Buddy

From the looks of it, I've blocked around 15 people. Most are bots that kept spamming me with messages, a couple are people that kept sending me friend requests over and over again without telling me who they were when I asked, and a few are just people I've fallen out with in the past 10 years.

I've had a few over the years. A few scuzzy [F]ucksticks "Time stealing" or "Trophy wagoning"sometimes both. I played with a dude years ago on Operation Raccoon City, we spent like 3 hours on it (he kept getting up because his mom called him for dinner, chores etc.) And once he got the trophies he was after, he bolted and blocked ME. never played that game again lol :(

Absolutely none, no matter how toxic and stupid people are your best bet is usually to just not engage with them and honestly they do tend to just crawl back to whatever hole they came from. I've had plenty of sore losers send one remark and never hear from them again, no need to start a drama out of it where you end up feeling the need to block them for continuous harassment reasons.

I've been somewhat OCD about keeping my block lists empty on every service and platform I use, you can choose to ignore something without blocking someone anyway.

I guess I have been fairly fortunate not to bump into anyone who's excessive in harassing me in any way that I felt the need to block, just those previously mentioned random toxic dipshits who can't handle a loss with dignity.

I've fell out with people before, but you just delete them and move on. I don't think myself that important that someone who dislikes me is going to dedicate all their time into harassing me to such an extent to bother blocking them. If they don't like me then we're hardly going to talk.

• 3 weeks later...

At least ten.  Probably way more.  I don't deal well with jerks that well.  I'm a pretty open and friendly person to begin with and near everything can be worked out.  But sometimes people are so toxic that just being around them is harmful to your overall enjoyment of PSN and its many games.

I never blocked anyone I felt didn't deserve it

• Like 1

Just 2 I think.

One was someone I kept getting matched with in WWE 2k15 online. They were much better at the game than me, but because I'm in Australia with extremely bad ping, the lag was so much that I was able to do a running clothesline and then instantly go for the pin to which they couldn't kick out of due to all of the lag. I did this a few times as I was trying to get the 50 online wins, which then of course resulted in a barrage of messages calling me every name under the sun and a cheating so and so, etc. I didn't respond but I blocked them in the hopes the game wouldn't pair me with them again.

The other was someone I got matched with in Apex Legends. I don't use a headset but they had theirs on using the mic so they were coming through the TV. I wasn't great at the game and the entire match he let me know it. Whole range of foul languaged verbal abuse telling (yelling, haha) me just how trash I was, among other things. I've been abused in multiplayer before but this was by far the worst I've ever copped. So at the end of the match I hit the block button, again hoping by doing that I wouldn't get matched with them again.

I’ve got a fair few blocked. Having a look through some usernames I did so because of the following:

1. Most are from spam messages. One bot in particular started sending nude female pics even after ignoring which took me by surprise.

2. Second most are from social games like Atom Universe and Nebula Realms. I’d advise not to play those unless you’re fully prepared to meet the worst of the bunch. For reasons unknown you will come across some of the most unstable personalities anywhere. It must be scary living like that.

I do apologise if I come across as judgmental, but I don’t know where some people find this confidence to be a conniving, manipulative, borderline obsessive, bipolar little shit. I’m nowhere near perfect but I certainly don’t act up without a damn good reason.

Overall anybody who is on my block list is there for a good reason. Once they are on that list they never come off it as it’s safer this way. I’ve only ever made one exception to that rule and it was because a trusted friend of mine asked me to unblock someone we both had issues with in the past. I did so with protest but I understood his reasoning and just keep my distance from the situation.

• 2 years later...