Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eburkulosis

A Wink And A Smile

4 posts in this topic

So I've completed the game on Hard in a speed run of sorts :P

I completed 0 side quests and I think I only got about 8 or so Persuasion opportunities. I understand that a lot of these come from Side Quests.

My concern, is that I read somewhere NOT to just accept side quests without pursuing other dialogue options first because they can yield Persuasion options. Im just wondering how frequent that was or if I should be concerned because I accepted about 20 or so side quests but didn't go through dialogue with the NPC's I just spammed 'ACCEPT' and was on my way.

My impression was that persuasion options would be unveiled after you return from a side quest - but I may be off here.

ALSO - I read on our Trophy Tips that upgrading your Detect Hidden skill improves the frequency in which you get Persuasion Dialogue options. Any truth to that? can someone elaborate or confirm?

Thanks

I would like to know as well. I don't like RPG's, but I am a fan of Curt Schilling whose studio, (38 studios) created the game, and I may just have to pick it up when it's cheap.

So I've completed the game on Hard in a speed run of sorts :P

I completed 0 side quests and I think I only got about 8 or so Persuasion opportunities. I understand that a lot of these come from Side Quests.

My concern, is that I read somewhere NOT to just accept side quests without pursuing other dialogue options first because they can yield Persuasion options. Im just wondering how frequent that was or if I should be concerned because I accepted about 20 or so side quests but didn't go through dialogue with the NPC's I just spammed 'ACCEPT' and was on my way.

My impression was that persuasion options would be unveiled after you return from a side quest - but I may be off here.

ALSO - I read on our Trophy Tips that upgrading your Detect Hidden skill improves the frequency in which you get Persuasion Dialogue options. Any truth to that? can someone elaborate or confirm?

Thanks

the question you are asking is a mixed bag. if you have maxed out blacksmithing for example then when a discussion regards blacksmithing you will have a blacksmithing dialogue option that will count towards wink and smile.

i was able to knock out this trophy by talking to everyone with a full persuasion, detect skill, and alchemy. Even after beating the game I spent the rest of my time just walking around accepting quests and receiving persuasion options. I do recommend saving often.

the question you are asking is a mixed bag. if you have maxed out blacksmithing for example then when a discussion regards blacksmithing you will have a blacksmithing dialogue option that will count towards wink and smile.

i was able to knock out this trophy by talking to everyone with a full persuasion, detect skill, and alchemy. Even after beating the game I spent the rest of my time just walking around accepting quests and receiving persuasion options. I do recommend saving often.

Yeah my question definitely wandered all about there :P

Okay, that was some good insight - I'm sure I'm being overly concerned. Thanks.