Anyone played the game yet? Opinions?

MMDE

I was thinking of picking this game up.

Has anyone played this game on Steam before? Or maybe already played it on PS4 or PS3?

Opinions? How are the puzzles and the platforming? Please compare it to something similar you've played.

Difficulty? Length? Any missable trophies?

Edited by MMDE

Just 100%ed it now on PS4. 3-5 hours max for 100%. Difficulty depends on whether or not you use a walkthrough guide. With one, 2/10. Without could be much harder  (a few puzzles are pretty obscure). There is no platforming, puzzle only.

I can't really think of anything exactly comparable - think The Swapper meets Machinarium I guess.

There are a lot of missables. Basically anything not directly tied to story progression. Fortunately most of the missables can be done in a few different places, but a few are very specific.

Still, if you do miss them, it shouldn't take more than an hour to complete a second time around.

Probably not worth $10, but if you get the Plus discount and have a PS3 and PS4 to stack for double the trophies, reasonable at $7.99 (IMO). I think there may be a Vita version coming as well?

Just 100%ed it now on PS4. 3-5 hours max for 100%. Difficulty depends on whether or not you use a walkthrough guide. With one, 2/10. Without could be much harder  (a few puzzles are pretty obscure). There is no platforming, puzzle only.

I can't really think of anything exactly comparable - think The Swapper meets Machinarium I guess.

There are a lot of missables. Basically anything not directly tied to story progression. Fortunately most of the missables can be done in a few different places, but a few are very specific.

Still, if you do miss them, it shouldn't take more than an hour to complete a second time around.

Probably not worth $10, but if you get the Plus discount and have a PS3 and PS4 to stack for double the trophies, reasonable at $7.99 (IMO). I think there may be a Vita version coming as well?

Are you sure there isn't some platforming elements? Because from what I've seen and the devs say, there should be some platforming elements. It's not the traditional jumping from platform to platform, but rather move around with some kind of objective in mind and navigate around harmful stuff etc.

Puzzles being a bit obscure is fine by me, as long as they are somewhat reasonable. I can't stand too easy puzzles either, like in Brothers, damn that made the game so boring. Awkward controls and easy "puzzles" that if it wasn't solve instantly in my head they were solved in a matter of seconds. The puzzles just felt like constant annoyment, small hinders that offered no enjoyment.

I guess there are guides out there with this game having been on steam already.

I got a PS3, and access to play on a PS4 sometimes. I was thinking of getting it while it was discounted, unfortunately they haven't specified how long it will last. They said a Vita version is coming as well, but I don't have a vita, yet anyways.

You didn't really say that much about what you thought about the game though. lol

Are you sure there isn't some platforming elements? Because from what I've seen and the devs say, there should be some platforming elements. It's not the traditional jumping from platform to platform, but rather move around with some kind of objective in mind and navigate around harmful stuff etc.

Puzzles being a bit obscure is fine by me, as long as they are somewhat reasonable. I can't stand too easy puzzles either, like in Brothers, damn that made the game so boring. Awkward controls and easy "puzzles" that if it wasn't solve instantly in my head they were solved in a matter of seconds. The puzzles just felt like constant annoyment, small hinders that offered no enjoyment.

I guess there are guides out there with this game having been on steam already.

I got a PS3, and access to play on a PS4 sometimes. I was thinking of getting it while it was discounted, unfortunately they haven't specified how long it will last. They said a Vita version is coming as well, but I don't have a vita, yet anyways.

You didn't really say that much about what you thought about the game though. lol

Fair enough. I'll expand :P

I wouldn't consider it platforming. To me, as an old school gamer, platforming involves jumping, obstacles, dying...you cannot die in this game. I would call it puzzling. You move objects, and yes in a few places you have to navigate an object around dangers, and I guess it does reset if you mess up, but I would still not consider that platforming. If you go in expecting a 100% puzzle game and find there is some platforming I think would be more honest than going in expecting a mix of puzzle/platform elements. My opinion, others may disagree.

I found the puzzles reasonably fresh. A lot were pretty easy, or became obvious with messing around a bit. I wouldn't say too easy (I actually enjoyed Brothers...), but nothing ridiculous either. I did check out the walkthrough here in a couple of places - http://guides.gamepressure.com/unmechanical/

I'm not sure I would have been able to do 100% without looking up a couple of solutions.

I think the discount lasts through next week.

I personally enjoyed it. If it had been much longer I think it would have started to drag. I can't say it was exceptional. 7/10 seems fair. It is one of those games where I could see people liking it or disliking it depending on their frame of mind that particular day.

I'm gonna start the PS3 version shortly for the stack, and I'm certainly not dreading playing it again ;)

Fair enough. I'll expand :P

I wouldn't consider it platforming. To me, as an old school gamer, platforming involves jumping, obstacles, dying...you cannot die in this game. I would call it puzzling. You move objects, and yes in a few places you have to navigate an object around dangers, and I guess it does reset if you mess up, but I would still not consider that platforming. If you go in expecting a 100% puzzle game and find there is some platforming I think would be more honest than going in expecting a mix of puzzle/platform elements. My opinion, others may disagree.

I found the puzzles reasonably fresh. A lot were pretty easy, or became obvious with messing around a bit. I wouldn't say too easy (I actually enjoyed Brothers...), but nothing ridiculous either. I did check out the walkthrough here in a couple of places - http://guides.gamepressure.com/unmechanical/

I'm not sure I would have been able to do 100% without looking up a couple of solutions.

I think the discount lasts through next week.

I personally enjoyed it. If it had been much longer I think it would have started to drag. I can't say it was exceptional. 7/10 seems fair. It is one of those games where I could see people liking it or disliking it depending on their frame of mind that particular day.

I'm gonna start the PS3 version shortly for the stack, and I'm certainly not dreading playing it again ;)

If I get it, I will probably do like I did with Stick it to the Man, play the game on PS3, and then do it like in an hour and a half on PS4. xD

Brothers copied too much off ICO IMO, which wouldn't have been a problem if the game was better. The puzzles were too easy.

If I get it, I will probably do like I did with Stick it to the Man, play the game on PS3, and then do it like in an hour and a half on PS4. xD

Brothers copied too much off ICO IMO, which wouldn't have been a problem if the game was better. The puzzles were too easy.

Just finished the stack, 1hr 30 minutes exactly on the PS3.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone a little update. I bought the game. I've played the PS4 version with my wife, and she was able to do most of it, at least with a little help. Still a couple of puzzles away on the "extended" part, which is an included "DLC", a portion of the game that was meant as a DLC for the PC version. I just did the game again on PS3, and even if I was busy doing some other stuff I got the 100% in 1 hour and 1 minute. lol

Yes, there are missable stuff, but when you can 100% the game in an hour, it's not a biggie. The game does take longer the first time you play, because you have to solve puzzles. There's not much skill dependent, and the 100% is between 1-2/10 difficulty wise.

The puzzles are decent enough. Some make you think a little, even if I'm all too used to these kind of puzzles that I know pretty much what to do in a lot of cases, but yeah, it still made me think in some cases. That's good, because Brothers didn't. :P

I very much liked the art style etc, but the game looked a lot better on PS4. There was one location which you just rush through that has too much happening and frame rate is dropping like crazy, but it wasn't a problem at all. I very much liked the theme sound, but there really wasn't much music in this game, even if the sound effects were nice. :)

It's sort of a puzzle platformer, but there's not much platforming. You fly around and solve puzzles in a 2D-like environment, but the game has several "layers"/"lanes" whatever, but you are only going in one of them. :S

I will be writing a trophy guide for the game.