Is this game hard or am I just really bad?

mahoganyman

I just wanna know how your suppose to level up with 15 deaths, clearing all of castle and forest barely gets me 5k gold, and what if you have a run with badly places fairy chests, or chests where you need double jump, but you dont have it at that time. Or simply failed fairy chests.

Like 5k gold is nice and all, but its so not worth 1 death, your barely gonna level up anything

I just wanna know how your suppose to level up with 15 deaths, clearing all of castle and forest barely gets me 5k gold, and what if you have a run with badly places fairy chests, or chests where you need double jump, but you dont have it at that time. Or simply failed fairy chests.

Like 5k gold is nice and all, but its so not worth 1 death, your barely gonna level up anything

Just cause of you, Im gonna make this trophy the next one. Im just guessing, that upgrading attack and HP like 7-10 times each will be enough. Obviously, that paired with being barbarian or hokage. And yeah, if you have a bad run, bad chests and all of that, well, thats where a backup save can help you with. 

Ill try that trophy tomorrow and let you know. 

Just cause of you, Im gonna make this trophy the next one. Im just guessing, that upgrading attack and HP like 7-10 times each will be enough. Obviously, that paired with being barbarian or hokage. And yeah, if you have a bad run, bad chests and all of that, well, thats where a backup save can help you with. 

Ill try that trophy tomorrow and let you know. 

Awesome ;)

I feel like Hokage is just way too good. I was 40~ and I couldnt do anything to alexander, then I died took hokage and it was kind of a joke. But you have to get lucky with the classes you get of course, a few times I had triple miner

Awesome ;)

I feel like Hokage is just way too good. I was 40~ and I couldnt do anything to alexander, then I died took hokage and it was kind of a joke. But you have to get lucky with the classes you get of course, a few times I had triple miner

Don't waste money on the miner when doing the 15 deaths run, here are my upgrades and my gear

wwjvEi.jpg

W7EuVF.jpgj2Vj4x.jpg

ELsnLS.jpggN0tGr.jpg

Didn't use a cape, the runes I used were double jump, dash and walk faster so I could dodge better

Took me 12 characters to finish, I defeated Kihdr with Sir Lee (the 1st character) then got as much gold as I could with the 2nd character, got a shinobi as 3rd character and defeated Alexander, 4th was to get more gold, 5th got another shinobi and defeated Ponce, then got some more gold and eventually defeated Herodotus and the final boss, always using shinobis.

The first time I tried to get the trophy I managed to defeat both Alexander and Ponce with the 3rd character, it's all about how lucky you get with the castle formation

Edit: I didn't farm any gold at any point because I was relying on skill, not upgrades, and honestly think farming gold is a waste of time...

Edited by HardXDXtraga
  • Like 4

Don't waste money on the miner when doing the 15 deaths run, here are my upgrades and my gear

wwjvEi.jpg

W7EuVF.jpgj2Vj4x.jpg

ELsnLS.jpggN0tGr.jpg

Didn't use a cape, the runes I used were double jump, dash and walk faster so I could dodge better

Took me 12 characters to finish, I defeated Kihdr with Sir Lee (the 1st character) then got as much gold as I could with the 2nd character, got a shinobi as 3rd character and defeated Alexander, 4th was to get more gold, 5th got another shinobi and defeated Ponce, then got some more gold and eventually defeated Herodotus and the final boss, always using shinobis.

The first time I tried to get the trophy I managed to defeat both Alexander and Ponce with the 3rd character, it's all about how lucky you get with the castle formation

Edit: I didn't farm any gold at any point because I was relying on skill, not upgrades, and honestly think farming gold is a waste of time...

Yeah you definitely have to get some shinobi's, especially alexander. I was wondering about the miner trait, and upgrading shinobi, but I guess strength and health is all we really need. If I get the chance to have vamp runes or damage runes, I think for a low level character, damage is better unless you have higher HP, vamp doesnt do anything for bosses also.

Thanks for the tips.

Yeah you definitely have to get some shinobi's, especially alexander. I was wondering about the miner trait, and upgrading shinobi, but I guess strength and health is all we really need. If I get the chance to have vamp runes or damage runes, I think for a low level character, damage is better unless you have higher HP, vamp doesnt do anything for bosses also.

Thanks for the tips.

As we talked yesterday, Im doing the 15 death trophy right now. Im in a hurry cause I have to go, and yet, in 1:30 hours Ive managed to beat the four bosses, and Im playing with the 8th character. As HardXDXtraga said, dont bother with miners and magic classes. If youre not that good dodging, try to get always barbarians or paladins, as hokage relies a lot in dodging skills to survive. 

In the run, I wasnt lucky, I didnt get a shinobi or hokage at all. Ive played with paladins and barbarians, and until now, the only one that gave me some kind of trouble was astrodotus, but because I rushed the battle and got hit a lot just because of that. 

My advice is still the same. Go for every trophy and leave this trophy for last. By then, you will be good enough dodging and this trophy will be a lot easier. A LOT. 

• Like 1

Well I did the remix bosses yesterday, all of them got on my 3rd / 4th try, exception being the eyball, took a good 20 tries for this guy.

Started NG+ and finished the 4 bosses in 20 mins. It's easy when you have high level character and Hokage.

I'll see how 15 death goes. :Good job btw, your almost done ;) And again thanks for the tips

Edit : J

ust got the plat, got to the end boss with 6 lives, wasted 2 of them at level 0-9 trying to fight eyeball.

The blob was really annoying, but the final boss I admit I loaded a few saves -.-

I couldnt kill this guy if my life depended on it, then finally I got barbarian king, dwarf. perfect for second phase

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

Well I did the remix bosses yesterday, all of them got on my 3rd / 4th try, exception being the eyball, took a good 20 tries for this guy.

Started NG+ and finished the 4 bosses in 20 mins. It's easy when you have high level character and Hokage.

I'll see how 15 death goes. :Good job btw, your almost done ;) And again thanks for the tips

Edit : J

ust got the plat, got to the end boss with 6 lives, wasted 2 of them at level 0-9 trying to fight eyeball.

The blob was really annoying, but the final boss I admit I loaded a few saves -.-

I couldnt kill this guy if my life depended on it, then finally I got barbarian king, dwarf. perfect for second phase

See? Its easy when you get used to the game. 

Im having trouble getting the sage bracer blueprint... Im already at newgame++. Maybe I cant get it in this playthrough?

I got everything in ng+.

I even got some dark pieces in my first run, the guides all over the internet seem to be wrong about this.

I think when you find a compass, the hidden room it leads you too gives you any type of high level gear, including holy, dark, sage.

And the other pieces are really just random. I found sage bracers near the end aswell in a blue chest. but your best bet is to simply clear everything, and especially mini bosses, because they give the best chance of high level equipment.

After clearing like 5-6 times I got fedup and just ran to land of darkness, rushed through everything, grabbed whatvever chests I saw, but was mostly just looking for mini bosses. Then just die. The land of darkness has beter chance of high level gear.

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

I got everything in ng+.

I even got some dark pieces in my first run, the guides all over the internet seem to be wrong about this.

I think when you find a compass, the hidden room it leads you too gives you any type of high level gear, including holy, dark, sage.

And the other pieces are really just random. I found sage bracers near the end aswell in a blue chest. but your best bet is to simply clear everything, and especially mini bosses, because they give the best chance of high level equipment.

After clearing like 5-6 times I got fedup and just ran to land of darkness, rushed through everything, grabbed whatvever chests I saw, but was mostly just looking for mini bosses. Then just die. The land of darkness has beter chance of high level gear.

Yeah, but Im not worried bout high level gear, but the few sage (bracer and chest) that Im still missing.

Rogue legacy

1Ld55f52.png

Just got the platinum to this game, 2 days. It's really not long but you gotta get used to it first. Alot of people find the remix bosses pretty hard. I actually found them easy, got them all on 3-4th try. Even did them in my 15 death run cus I was bored -.-.

Fun game, but I'm glad it wasnt longer, I was getting bored after this 3rd playthrough

Congratulations, Tomoko. I was constantly watching your updates on this thread and I'm very happy you did platinum this, even when you said you initially would not be able to. Props!

• Like 1

Thanks YuriG !

This game reminded me of muramasa rebirth. First time you play you think it's gonna be impossible to do the 1 hp run. Until you master the games mechanics, then it actually feels easy.

Rogue legacy is kind of the same. The only hard part are the bosses really, once you get used to the enemies patterns your good. Heck I even re-did the remix bosses cus I was having a hard time on the final boss in 15 death run.

Everyone's tips here helped out aswell tho :D.

Just keep grinding those chests and mini bosses Parche12, you'll find the equipment eventually. everything can be found in ng+, no need for another playthrough

• Like 1

Im having trouble getting the sage bracer blueprint... Im already at newgame++. Maybe I cant get it in this playthrough?

Some blueprints only appear in certain areas of the castle.  Some blueprints will only appear if the "difficulty" is high enough -- and the use of Grace Runes lowers that "difficulty".

My advice would be to remove those Grace Runes and then to go find mini-bosses.  Especially in the Maya and the Darkness.

Some blueprints only appear in certain areas of the castle.  Some blueprints will only appear if the "difficulty" is high enough -- and the use of Grace Runes lowers that "difficulty".

My advice would be to remove those Grace Runes and then to go find mini-bosses.  Especially in the Maya and the Darkness.

I had grace runes in playthrough 1, and had found 2 dark pieces, so I dunno how that works. Everything should be able to drop in ng+ regardless tho

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I just beat the last boss at level 160+. lol I haven't tried any of the remix bosses except for the eyeball.  I find his projectiles unavoidable so far.

The eyeball on remix you get the giant sword spell. Spam the crap out of that, your auto attacks make you regenerate mana so you can spam more swords, the boss dies very fast. For the circle projectile attack, jump on the platform and when you at the top you can down attack on his eye to bounce on the other side, but for the remix khidr just press L2 R2 to dash. When you start a remix boss check what class and skills it gave you. When you fight ponce you get like 7 jumps.

Personally, this game is hard but not impossible to beat. What makes this hard is beating the remix bosses with a random character that the game gives you and not your own, plus the difficulty itself in this remix bosses goes way to high. I rage quitted several times because of the Ponce de Freon boss, I can bring him down to 2000 HP tops before I die without more spells or health.

Now I'm back after several tries to beat this game but I'm still stuck in this boss, hopefully someone can help me beat him through Share Play because I sure as hell can't do it.

For one of the re releases on PS4, Rogue Legacy was amazing. I avoided it after reading up on the trophies. But after watching a friend play, I really got into it. The remix bosses were such a good throw back to challenging games too.

Anyone getting annoyed with the 15 death playthrough should look up the farming strat and practice with the Dragon. As soon as I unlocked the Dragon, bosses 3, 4, 5 are laughably easy.

High five to those who got the plat on this. Very rewarding feeling.