The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

• 3 weeks later...

METAL! HELL YA!

I will always be a fan of old school metal; especially Classic Metal, NWoBHM, Power Metal, and Progressive Metal. Most of the newer stuff doesn't really interest me as much though.

Continuing onwards

Edited by skinner49
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

This thread has just turned into link after link after link lol 

Anybody been to any gigs lately? Planning on going to one? Maybe even planning a festival visit during the summer?

I've been on wacken 3 times, hellfest 2 times and rock am ring 1 time :)

Maybe i'll go to wacken this year too let's see...

Edited by Rose_Dark
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Rose_Dark said:

I've been on wacken 3 times, hellfest 2 times and rock am ring 1 time :)

Maybe i'll go to wacken this year too let's see...

That's pretty cool! Hellfest looks like a lot of fun, two of my mates went, also twice. Sells out quick though doesn't it? I've only been to Download, 2013 and 2016. It was a washout last year...

I might be going to Graspop this year, see how my wallet is doing over the next few weeks. Unfortunately these weekends aren't cheap.

59 minutes ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

That's pretty cool! Hellfest looks like a lot of fun, two of my mates went, also twice. Sells out quick though doesn't it? I've only been to Download, 2013 and 2016. It was a washout last year...

I might be going to Graspop this year, see how my wallet is doing over the next few weeks. Unfortunately these weekends aren't cheap.

For wacken you get to pay almost 200euros (and you can still pay 16e for the official tshirt if you want) I know some people who are part of the events and who get me tickets with some time in advance.

The problem for me is not money but to rest that these days is ZERO

28 minutes ago, Rose_Dark said:

For wacken you get to pay almost 200euros (and you can still pay 16e for the official tshirt if you want) I know some people who are part of the events and who get me tickets with some time in advance.

The problem for me is not money but to rest that these days is ZERO

200 is pretty good I guess considering all the bands you can see. I think Download was around €250. Done with download though, it's always raining. Bloodstock looks really good and it's not too expensive either as far as I know, it's smaller than a lot of festivals, probably because it's not as commercial as the likes of Download.

Yup, resting at festivals is impossible. My feet do be killing me after two or three days with all the walking and standing around. I hate sleeping in tents too, I did get a pump up mattress and squeezed it into the tent, it kind of helped.

What's the food and drink like at Wacken? Would it be expensive?

Therion - Summernight City

Judas Priest - Hell Patrol

Cradle Of Filth - Babalon A. D. (So Glad FOr The Madness)

Within Temptation Feat Howard Jones - Dangerous

Theatre Of Tragedy - Machine

De La Tierra - Señales

Slipknot - The Negative One

Edited by Zeitgeist-9
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

200 is pretty good I guess considering all the bands you can see. I think Download was around €250. Done with download though, it's always raining. Bloodstock looks really good and it's not too expensive either as far as I know, it's smaller than a lot of festivals, probably because it's not as commercial as the likes of Download.

Yup, resting at festivals is impossible. My feet do be killing me after two or three days with all the walking and standing around. I hate sleeping in tents too, I did get a pump up mattress and squeezed it into the tent, it kind of helped.

What's the food and drink like at Wacken? Would it be expensive?

I can't say that the food is not good, but if you want to lose weight you better leave the pizzas and hamburgers aside lol
an individual concert in my country (3 bands) I pay 60 euros, people complain about the price, I think they are ungrateful considering the number and quality of bands that go to a fest ! The only day i slept more was the last one, and i woke up with some headaches. This year will be excellent, which coincides with the week of my summer vacation :D

• Like 1

No festivals for me this year I think, I wanted to go to Download since it's fairly local but I completely forgot to check the dates when I booked my holidays from work :lol: If I'm lucky I might get a decent gig or two to coincide with my days off at some point. Just see what happens I guess. Anyway, I've been listening to Bathory almost all day...

30 minutes ago, FarSideOfSaturn said:

No festivals for me this year I think, I wanted to go to Download since it's fairly local but I completely forgot to check the dates when I booked my holidays from work :lol: If I'm lucky I might get a decent gig or two to coincide with my days off at some point. Just see what happens I guess. Anyway, I've been listening to Bathory almost all day...

What about Heavy Scotland? You're already there! They have a decent line up, I'd almost go just to see Behemoth. 

http://www.heavyscotland.com/

Edit: I know it's not a festival in the traditional sense, with camping, but you get a lot of bands over a weekend.

Edited by Slipknot_rooney
  • Like 1

I am most likely going only to Tuska Open Air Metal Festival in Helsinki this year. I had a great time there last year and it's basically only a subway trip away so it's easy for me to go there haha. This year is the 20th anniversary of the festival so it's going to be awesome although the line-up is a bit meh so far.

I would love to be able to go to festivals abroad someday. I've always wanted to go to Download, Rock am Ring, Wacken and Roskilde and lately I've been interested in Copenhell too. Currently lacking in the monetary department so to say haha, so they have to stay as dreams for now but it's alright. c:

Iron Maiden - The Number Of The Beast

Black Sabbath - Paranoid

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence (Reinterpreted)

(Maybe DM are not a band from this genre, but this version was produced by Mike Shinoda from LP, also has a sound with a touch of hard rock/industrial metal)

Killswitch Engage - This Fire

Alter Bridge - Metalingus

Delain - Get The Devil Out Of Me

Edited by Zeitgeist-9
  • Like 2