The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

If you are truly into the genre as a whole, you will not grow out of it. I know plenty of older people who enjoy metal. Its a part of you, and a part of your lifestyle. The only thing that happens is that you have less time to listen to the music you want because life is busy.

And yes, there's much more than just anger, which I never even mentioned..

Its been mentioned in the thread, just not by you.

• Like 1

I wouldn't necessarily call myself a metalhead since a majority of "metalheads" you see are assholes. I listen to more than just metal. There are tons of different genres of music outside metal that I enjoy and there are very few new bands that I enjoy. Metal is one of my favorite genres because I love the drumming and the guitar and it's rebellious. I refuse to wear Hollister and listen to manufactured audio pollution.

If you are truly into the genre as a whole, you will not grow out of it. I know plenty of older people who enjoy metal. Its a part of you, and a part of your lifestyle.

^ This.

If you are truly into the genre as a whole, you will not grow out of it. I know plenty of older people who enjoy metal. Its a part of you, and a part of your lifestyle. The only thing that happens is that you have less time to listen to the music you want because life is busy.

Its been mentioned in the thread, just not by you.

It's not really about being into the genre itself. I know many people who were like that and listened to all kinds of metal (from well-known bands to unkown Norwegian ones), but as time passed by they stopped listening to it as much as before. Then again, I also know people who are old and still listen to all kinds of metal (old and new).[

Also, those I know didn't stop listening metal becuase their life got busier. If anything, they had more time to listen to music because they spent quite a lot of time driving from point A to point B, and then to C, so they were always carrying CDs.

I knwo it was, but since you pointed it out in your previous reply, I addressed it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's wrong with "Core" genres Deth?

I don't really like Metalcore or Deathcore. You might not like some of the stuff I've posted either. :P

-------------------

Insect Warfare - Protection Maze

Nile - Papyrus containing the spell to preserve its possessor against attacks from he who is in the water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8QJz3z_Gnk&feature=relmfu

Nile - Wind of Horus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWsrFoONzc

Black Flag Nervous Breakdown ep - Nervous Breakdown - Fix me - I've had it - Wasted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsT7_QcLARc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been into metal for about nine years now, although my interest isn't quite what it used to be. Hasn't stopped me from continuing to rock the long hair and whatnot, though!

Favorites: Novembers Doom, Bloodbath, Edge of Sanity, to name a few.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate

When I was a lad I loved this sort of stuff - I seen Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Nuclear Assault, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Pantera and lots more and this was at a time that bands simply didnt come to Belfast, 'cause it was too scary.

But now it barely interests me at all. Forget Black Flag, I would rather listen to ole Henry read his "poetry" and regale of days of yore now. I dont know if its that More brains less bullets shite that he used to spout in the mid 1990s or if its that me and metal have parted ways.

Last summer me and my brothers/brother in law went to see Iron Maiden in Belfast - our wives got us the tickets at as Christmas prezzies 8 months previously. 20 years between Maiden gigs had had a tremendous effect.

In '91 we moshed and bounced and roared and shouted and drank like fish and when to work the next day. In '11 we bitched about how shit the support were, watched in stunned silence as children as young as 5 walked up and down the aisles between seats. Complained about how shit Maiden were and drunk a frightening amount of beer. Needless to say we had all booked the next day off work!

So my assumption of metal, based on my experiences, is that metal is for the young, unless you are actually making money out of it!

I did pish in the hedge outside the venue tho whilst having a conversation with someone on the other side of the hedge, so I suppose thats still pretty metal.......... :blush:

• 4 months later...

I was trying to think of a kind way of saying that. You win.

Lots of people are into both. And can fully appreciate both. Its usually more of the metal side that gets all uppity though. But whatever. My 2 cents.

ps I quoted this wrong sorta. I have been drinking and just got back from a show (ironic no?), but this is in regards to the beginning of this post and core bands. I am glad dillinger got brought up though, fucking awesome.

Edited by CasaDeBen

Lots of people are into both. And can fully appreciate both. Its usually more of the metal side that gets all uppity though. But whatever. My 2 cents.

ps I quoted this wrong sorta. I have been drinking and just got back from a show (ironic no?), but this is in regards to the beginning of this post and core bands. I am glad dillinger got brought up though, fucking awesome.

Damn your slow edit! I just finished searching for the context of my original comment. Still-- this is a thread about metal, not -core genres. Here's a couple tunes. One black metal, one death n' roll.

• Like 1