The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

Machine Head ?

Pantera ?

Slipknot ?

System ?

Lamb of God ?

Just a few of my favourite bands! I'm going to see Machine Head in Camden next year, can't wait, it's going to be fucking Awesome! 

Also, recently come across a band called Volbeat. I really like their sound, they've got an awesome little track called: 'Still Counting' definitely worth checking out! (It's not a new track at all, it's only recently that I've come across these guys)

Peace ???

Edited by R--K--9
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

So Machine Head have announced they are breaking up, pretty disappointed about that, one of my favourite bands. Hopefully they do one more tour and come to Europe.

Oh, I did not know that. Their latest album was awful, but I still have some great memories from their older stuff. The Blackening is one of my favorite albums of all time, probably in top 3.

4 hours ago, Juzota said:

Oh, I did not know that. Their latest album was awful, but I still have some great memories from their older stuff. The Blackening is one of my favorite albums of all time, probably in top 3.

You're right their latest 2 albuns was garbage. only 2 or 3 good songs nothing more.. but i dont believe on separation, maybe they need time to rest and go back to the good old days. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Nimera said:

maybe they need time to rest and go back to the good old days

It's more down to the guys being fed up of Rob I think...

"I have held on too tight to the reigns of this band," says Flynn. "And I have suffocated those guys. I got some rough edges, I’m kind of a barnacle, and you know, those rough edges have given us the success we have, but they’ve also hurt the people around me.

"I’ve got a lot of drive, but I’ve got a lot of anger and rage, and that drive of mine has alienated folks and the band. I ask that you respect Phil and Dave’s decision, as I respect their decision."

5 hours ago, Ozzy_1907 said:

Just received it from mail \m/

That will be a great weekend! Hopefully I'll get to Wacken myself some time. I got a ticket yesterday for a Metallica gig, never seen them before so I'm looking forward to it already.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

That will be a great weekend! Hopefully I'll get to Wacken myself some time. I got a ticket yesterday for a Metallica gig, never seen them before so I'm looking forward to it already.

It will be my 2nd time in Wacken, it really is the ultimate metal experience.

Prepare yourself for a feast. Metallica shows are among the best!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Slipknot_rooney said:

It's more down to the guys being fed up of Rob I think...

"I have held on too tight to the reigns of this band," says Flynn. "And I have suffocated those guys. I got some rough edges, I’m kind of a barnacle, and you know, those rough edges have given us the success we have, but they’ve also hurt the people around me.

"I’ve got a lot of drive, but I’ve got a lot of anger and rage, and that drive of mine has alienated folks and the band. I ask that you respect Phil and Dave’s decision, as I respect their decision."

His problem was trying to offer a low salary to these two members of the band that left, probably he will find others to replace them but it is a good idea to do something otherwise the band becomes a kind of soulfly (that never evolve) lol
The bastards song is one of the most horrible songs I've ever heard.
RIP the blackening and burn my eyes

• 3 months later...

I'm a huge metal fan and played in a band for several years. If anyone wants a free album you can download our stuff from bandcamp (the quality isn't that great). The name of our band was Ninjaloot. We dont play anymore bc we all have kids. 

https://remembertheloot.bandcamp.com/

As for what im listening to right now it ranges between Wage War, Sylar, and Demon Hunter.

On 1/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, thepeaguy said:

Any Behemoth fans here? I was thinking of going to a gig of theirs in Feb. I’ve not listened to them before.

Can't say I'm a huge fan but The Satanist is a very good record. If you are even remotely interested I think they are worth checking out as they are great live. Went to their show for the first time a couple of years ago and going to see them again next Tuesday.

• 5 weeks later...

KULL is formed of members of Bal-Sagoth and Dyscaphia. Their debut album 'Exile' will be released on 30 April.

For anyone unfamiliar, Bal-Sagoth are best known for their unique brand of sinister symphonic black/death metal with sword and sorcery/science fiction/mythological/occult/Lovecraftian themes and narratives - see video below for an example). 

Note: I am in no way affiliated with either band, just want to spread the word :)

• Like 1