The Metalhead Thread

BeautifulTorment

I went to see Loudness in a finnish metal festival last summer. Dark Angel was also playing there. Their sincer had an amazing charisma, but their music is too heavy for my personal taste :P

Teehee, they are way on the heavy side of Metal. So I can see how you'd think that. What you think of Hatrix? :D

I almost forgot these two.

Bringing up that genre hm? Then this will be a good addition.

It's a Melodic Brutal Death song. :P

I've never heard of them :P I mostly listen to Classic rock and 80's hair metal.

Teehee, that makes snese. As Hatrix and Purgatory are among the most unknown good Thrash bands of all time. Purgatory's last album not even having 50 views each video on Youtube. As for Hair Metal, can you give a sample song? I'm not too sure what would classify as Hair Metal.

Teehee, that makes snese. As Hatrix and Purgatory are among the most unknown good Thrash bands of all time. Purgatory's last album not even having 50 views each video on Youtube. As for Hair Metal, can you give a sample song? I'm not too sure what would classify as Hair Metal.

Hair metal is really a mixed bag of awesome and extremely terrible poser bands. Mostly the lyrics are about women, sex and drugs. You wouldnt believe how embarrasing some of those songs are. However if you really start to look in deeper you can find amazing bands like XYZ and White Lion who's lyrics were more about everyday life, war, relasionships amongst other things. Hair metal is also known for it's cachy choruses and power ballads, it's not only about the music tho it's called hair metal because everyone of those bands had huge hair and used crazy colorful clothes, tight leather, spandex, jewelry and alot of makeup. Most of these bands lived the 80's party hardy life style and alot of people payed the ultimate price for it as well. I think alot of them lived the life they wanted tho.

Because hair metal became a huge thing in the 80's alot of people took the style to gain massive mainstream success and thats how we got the so called MTV poser bands who could barely play their instruments and partied because they thought that was what rockstars were supposed to do.

I'll put some videos here which I consider GOOD hair bands.

Also here is a good examble of a traditional hair metal ballad. I dont exactly consider this song very good. But it I still enjoy it for some reason xD

Edited by LovesAnInjection

I have heard of most of these, but I never listened to any of their sutff. I really like what I'm hearing so far from Cinderalla. I'll be sure to check out the other two. Thank you. :)

other 4*

I have heard of most of these, but I never listened to any of their sutff. I really like what I'm hearing so far from Cinderalla. I'll be sure to check out the other two. Thank you. :)

other 4*

I forgot to quote. xD

Hair metal is really a mixed bag of awesome and extremely terrible poser bands. Mostly the lyrics are about women, sex and drugs. You wouldnt believe how embarrasing some of those songs are. However if you really start to look in deeper you can find amazing bands like XYZ and White Lion who's lyrics were more about everyday life, war, relasionships amongst other things. Hair metal is also known for it's cachy choruses and power ballads, it's not only about the music tho it's called hair metal because everyone of those bands had huge hair and used crazy colorful clothes, tight leather, spandex, jewelry and alot of makeup. Most of these bands lived the 80's party hardy life style and alot of people payed the ultimate price for it as well. I think alot of them lived the life they wanted tho.

Because hair metal became a huge thing in the 80's alot of people took the style to gain massive mainstream success and thats how we got the so called MTV poser bands who could barely play their instruments and partied because they thought that was what rockstars were supposed to do.

I'll put some videos here which I consider GOOD hair bands.

Also here is a good examble of a traditional hair metal ballad. I dont exactly consider this song very good. But it I still enjoy it for some reason xD

I literally quoted myself instead of you the first time.

Here's some my kind of metal

Best Trivium song, hands down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxelXPg961M

Crack The Skye is one of my all time favorite albums <3

Well, it's Machine Fucking Head. 'nuff said

Best metal song ever. Period.

I. Love. Trivium. :wub:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxl11RvfRxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7erUqmBjbPQ

Hey dude, I said I would check these out and I did!! Definitely not as good a singer as M.Shadows of A7X but not bad at all I must say, have to check out some more.

Have you heard Gypsy Road by Cinderella, best song of theirs by far - cant stand the band but that song rocks!!

Teehee. That song "Fight To Kill" is off their first album. My favorite album has to be their second, which is the one I had first linked. Try Bestia Triumphans by them!

And no, not as of yet. I will be sure to check it out now though, I have quite a bit of free time today. :)