I can not play the multiplayer

There's no much that you can do about it, that happened to me with AC3, Ubioft servers are kind of crap to be honest, more like the ones that EA Sports has, the only thing you can do is prey and hope they get back online soon, this happens with every AC game, and this one has been giving trouble for more than 3 years now, so don't worry since its not your internet fault.

• 2 months later...

I can't connect to the servers. I got in once after trying for almost an hour. I left to go sync my mic but I regret doing it. Always says servers unavailable even though friends are online waiting for me. Restarted router, console,nat2 open settings. Nothing works, just Aberdeen down MP that works when it feels like it. The game in no way is over populated judging by how old it is. Great sp but worst experience of online iv ever came across in a game.

• Like 2

Nikkatsu,

I had this frequently happen to me when I boosted this game a few monrhs ago. Have a friend who is already in the mp menu send you an invite for a session. Accept the invite and you can get in then. In some of our boosting sessions, we couldn't get a few players in and we diagnosed it as having too many players out of region (ie, 2 players in Europe, 2 players in US). So if a friend invite doesnt work the first time, try with players in your region.

Good luck!

• Like 2

A few of the guys I boosted with on this had some issues as well.  Out of the three times we met up there wasn't once that we could all connect without issues.  I had this happen to me as well and there were a few things we tried as well.

• Restart the game - This made sense so it was the first thing we tried.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Took me three restarts to finally connect.
  • Restart the system - Some in our group thought that you had to reboot the entire system.  Again, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't.
  • Play SP for a while - This one worked for me once.  I couldn't connect and needed to finish some SP stuff so I booted it up and played for a good 30 minutes ~1 hour.  I then left SP to the main menu and rebooted MP.  Don't know if I was just lucky or what all happened.

Hope some of this helps.  Not everyone that we boosted with was able to connect, but luckily we had 12-20 people boosting at the time. (Earlier this year actually)

• Like 2

Yeah the multiplayer servers for this game are SHIT! It has been having trouble since release and people have been trying to get Unisoft to fix it, but they won't. All you can do is restart your console over and over and over.

if you are a completionist or just really want this platinum you'll push through it :)

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply guys. I will push through it as I'm a completionists. I got in MP after 4 hours to find nobody was on :(

Playing some sp before loading MP seems to work, very odd.

Don't forget to turn the DLC off! You'll find people playing after you turn all three of those off. Also, looking at your profile, you can knock a couple trophies out in training ground.

• 1 month later...

I've tried to boost several times but can rarely get into the multiplayer, the only way that works for me is to play single player for awhile and than try multiplayer.

This is bad but no where near as bad as dante inferno, i can't even stay connected to EA servers long enough to complete 1/40 of the trials needed for that game. 

I was on for 5 hours the other day no games for me, yesterday was playing straight away.

I never seem to be able to get on when friends are to boost or vice versa, just the joys of an older game, guessing they removed traffic allowance or something for all the more recent games It is like 4/5 years old now what can you expect lol