STFUxDxD

What's your current Average Rarity?

696 posts in this topic

On 06/12/2017 at 2:22 AM, FarSideOfSaturn said:

With No Man's Sky done, I'm at 46.44%.

I completely forgot about average rarity after posting that. Almost a year later, I'm at 49.91%, a rise of 3.47%. I've completely ruined the progress I made the previous year when it dropped 3.29% :lol:  

53.21% For me, but the stat is kinda unfair to beginners.  I am hoping my stat will improve over time once I start finishing games to its completion.  

On 6/9/2018 at 1:54 PM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

39.27% right now... not great but these have just been the games I've been doing for now. If it mattered to me all that much I could throw in the odd Vanquish or whatever

Down to 36.76 as of today. Next few trophies ought to bring it down a bit further

On 13/11/2018 at 7:01 PM, Fish613 said:

-snip-

I think my main reason I don't care about it is because it's an average of a whole list, you could have a 0.01% plat and depending on the rest of the list it could be 40%+ average. To have a low average rarity it requires mostly playing specific lists and even avoiding games that may actually be a genuine challenge just because the average is too high. Every game has its easy trophies after all. Plus, it involves avoiding awesome games, I'm playing the Spyro remakes at the moment and Spyro 1s plat itself is currently at a 30%, who knows how high the average must be.

To get a low average rarity usually entails playing bad games or moderately harder games from PS+, because they contain the lowest averages since most people don't get many of the trophies at all, even if they're easy (take Magicka 2 which has a dozen URs, even a basic 'secret' in the damn tutorial is UR). People try them and move on at low %s.

You are certainly right about high completion 50%+ rarities though, that's why I mentioned average rarity around the 30s-40s being mostly about completion because unless you're 'whoring' and have 50%+ then most average or even hard games average out in the 30s and 40s per full list, with most of that obviously coming from the rarer trophies/plat, so if the persons completion is higher they'll have those lower % trophies.

Overall I'm just not a fan of stats that involve avoiding games, the most known ones being

- People obsessed with completion avoiding games that might be 'too hard' or a 'risk'

- People obsessed with URs or low average rarity avoiding games like God of War, Spyro, Spiderman, Horizon etc. because they're too common.

Most of the time (not all) I look at a super low average rarity profiles and it's just the exact same games every time, specific games that have low averages, most aren't even hard, some aren't even UR either they just have a low average due to one of the reasons I mentioned before. Remember, if a game has 50 trophies and they're all 20%, that's a 20% average. If a game has 50 trophies and 48 are 50%, 2 are 0.01% and super hard, that's about 48% average (and a small decimal). Extreme example I know but maybe I could edit some real example to showcase this point on that too if I can be bothered.

I mean no disrespect to any low% averages at all, it's just that it's yet another stat that can be completely artifical and irrelevant and that varies so wildly regardless because it's an average of a games WHOLE list (the easy early popping 90%+ stuff AND the plat) not just an average of plats etc.

EDIT: 

So I did a couple calculations of a couple games...

2064: Read Only Memories,
Has 65 trophies and a 3.6% plat, it's an easy point and click type game from PS+ which takes a couple playthroughs for multiple endings. Can already see the low average before calculating because only 3 trophies are over 30% but here goes... Average rarity of: 12.5373...

How about Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 because that's a well known 'difficult' game, it's currently sitting a 2.11% plat... Average rarity of: 39.1156...

Hmm, I wonder which ones better for an average, not quite clear enough... But, I'm sure people would find NGS2 a more credible title that 2064:ROM.

Average rarity isn't just about the platinum, UR count or difficulty, it's about the entire list top to bottom. Every 50%+ trophy in a game makes a difference to the average. NGS2 for example has plenty of 90%s for early-game stuff. 

One more calculation just for fun, with an average rarity of... 34.6552, which means whatever this mysterious game is, its average is lower and 'better' than NGS2, can you guess what it is?...

It's Sound Shapes (excl. DLC) XD.

Sound Shapes has a better average than Ninja Gaiden.

This, this is why average doesn't mean much to me. There's probably dozens more games you can calculate the average for if you like but I'm lazy, if someone could check out Magicka 2 I'd love to know how low that thing is.

My average being around 31% or whatever it was would actually be 'worsened' by completing Ninja Gaiden but 'improved' by playing some easy PS+ point and click game.

Edited by JohnCenaSong-

My average rarity is 40.76% but I mostly play games I like or heard good reviews about. Occasionally I play some of those super easy platinums if I'm in the mood to see lots of trophies pop. I seriously wish trophy guides would also have a separate grindy rating as difficulty ratings are mostly subjective, with some game types being much easier than others. Like I am decently skilled at action RPGs and dungeon crawlers but suck at fighting and FPS games because I rarely play them. Let's Fish, Mind Zero, SAO Hollow Fragment, FFX are all easy enough to platinum but they are all grindy as f***.

On 11-4-2018 at 3:11 PM, LionSharky said:

49,72%

Never looked at that, thought it would be higher since I played a lot of easy games 

Mine is going down now at 48.26%

On 7/8/2018 at 1:43 AM, realm722 said:

31.77% barely gone up since my last post. If I keep it sub-35% I'm happy. 

Almost the end of the year, and now it's up to 33.85%. Still quite happy with that personally. Burly Men At Sea is the "dirtiest" platinum I've done though. 

37.28%

Lower than I thought it would be. I didn't even realise that stat existed until I saw this thread & went poking about on my profile.

Currently on 33,66% but it will get higher during the next months.

On 11/13/2018 at 2:01 PM, Fish613 said:

37.02% ..... almost under 37%. 

Does average matter much?  To me personally, it's the MOST IMPORTANT stat.... above everything else.

Keep in mind, everything i write is my OWN OPINION 🙂

If someone has a completion % of 96% (completion, NOT rarity average), it's not that impressive when their average rarity is over 50% (anybody can have a 90%+ completion if they only go after easy trophies. Gathering a lot of super easy trophies only means you have a lot of time on your hands, nothing more. I don't consider trophy hunting a competition at all. But for those who do; more credit should go to the person getting the tough trophies, NOT the person with more trophies (unless that person also has the tougher trophies of course lol). 

To touch more upon what you wrote; you wrote it yourself....... people's profiles with 30% and 40% can be vastly different. That's the entire point. They are suppose to be different because there is a HUGE DIFFERENCE between someone with 34% rarity and someone with 36% average rarity. I know 2% might not SEEM big, but in terms of trophy hunting, it is. For example, Someone with just 200 games played has a COMPLETION % of 88.74% with 6,100 trophies.  That person could go can complete 3 whole games for around 100 trophies and their % would only go up to around 88.85% (i didnt actually work out the math, im just using example numbers, but it would be something very similar to what i wrote). You say your main account is 31.25% .... go see how many hours, how many games and how many trophies that will take to get it down to 29.25% (2% lower).

Lowering trophy rarity is the hardest thing to do in trophy hunting, thus making it the most important stat.

Anyway, mine is 37.02%

Agree to some extent.

It is good in combination with completion %.   Mine is 37.85%.  Lots of ultra rare trophies (but also a lot of common Telltale trophies).  My completion % is a touch under 87%.

43.57. Appears to have fallen slightly.

37.33%. Could be lower, I guess, but there's a lot of DLC trophies there, and sometimes you just want to chill with a simpler (often PS+) game :)

47.75 percent, and it will continue to drop. Still a bit high, but a lot better than the 58 - 59 percent average rarity I had over two years ago.

Playing games that are actually worth a damn makes a big difference.