What's your current Average Rarity?

STFUxDxD

44ish. Is that good? How does it work. I get that the lower the better but ehh. Well. Seems to me the higher the % it'd show the higher % of (ultra) rare etc. Hmm

Lesser value = rarer trophy. =)

It's like normal trophies =)

0-5% = Ultra Rare

5-10% = Very Rare

10-20% = Rare

20-50% = Uncommon

50-100% = Common

So, lesser number you have, the rarer trophies you own :)

44.97% for me now.

^This

That DLC policy was the worst desicion ever made for the site.

Agreed, especially when this stat is now visible. =)

Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 2

41,29 % on my profile 42,11 % in statistics

Mine is at 47.92, but I go for 100%s so I play a lot of DLC

this stat just serves to highlight how wrong this sites policy on DLC rarity is - since completionists will have a worse average rarity than a person who plays the exact same games but doesn't play the DLC - and the harder the DLC the worse the completionists stat will become!

Crazy!

46.60% :blink: . I expected this to be much lower, but that's what happens when you play a lot of DLCs and have a high completion percentage :S .

I'm sure there's a lot of people that think they completion statistic is unfair cause they don't play DLCs. Maybe more elegant solution would be to have option to show stats with or without DLCs, but there are two problems with that.

1. I don't know how much work that would actually take so maybe the amount of effort is not worth the reward.

2. Since everything I ever said on this site when I was actually being serious was either ignored, or dismissed as stupid I wouldn't hold my breath over it. 

this stat just serves to highlight how wrong this sites policy on DLC rarity is - since completionists will have a worse average rarity than a person who plays the exact same games but doesn't play the DLC - and the harder the DLC the worse the completionists stat will become!

Crazy!

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

I mean that if the DLC trophies are all difficult, like, say, the Last of Us grounded mode, or the Metro Last Light Ranger mode, or the dishonoured Dunwall trials, then the completion rarity of them falls on this site, rather than rises, since only very few people are show to have them as you need to have completed at least one to show you as owning it.

Therefore, something like Ranger mode is shown with a 100% completion rate (I.e common as fuck) simply because the only people shown to have even attempted it are the ones who have completed it, despite the possibility that thousands of people may have tried to finish it and failed to.

Let's imagine a game with a full platinum list, plus one DLC trophy for completing the game on a nightmare difficulty.

One hundred players play it on nightmare difficulty, as the first and only game on their profile.

Only one manages to complete it, and 99 people switch to a lower difficulty to finish.

The 99 people would have an average rarity of, say, 40%, assuming that is the median rarity of the full platinum list.

The one guy who was better, and managed to complete it on the nightmare difficulty would have all the same trophies, plus one DLC trophy with a 100% common value. His average rarity would be about 47%.

His stats would make it look like he has completed easier games than the 99 who were less good, and did less difficult challenges!

See what I mean?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

I see what you mean but that's only for DLCs with a single trophy.

And still, I don't think that "game owenrs" = "dlc owners" is correct either.

If you consider them the same you incur in the same problem PSN has (albeit on a smaller scale). Which is that everything is ultra rare.

Edited by DocDoomII

Crazy!

Agree! I play every DLC i own the games for....so 42,29%

I see what you mean but that's only for DLCs with a single trophy.And still, I don't think that "game owenrs" = "dlc owners" is correct either.If you consider them the same you incur in the same problem PSN has (albeit on a smaller scale). Which is that everything is ultra rare.

It applies to every dlc pack. I'm just using an extreme example, but the problem is systemic and applies to every game on this site that has DLC seperated, I.e almost every game.

The site already treats game owners as dlc owners for the percentage completion of games on profile pages, so why not for rarity?, is my point.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

But that's their laziness and their opinion. Completion MUST be from ALL available trophies.

It's their choice to avoid playing DLCs.

You make laziness sound like something bad. You wouldn't believe how many ultra rare trophies I got thanks to lazy people doing ... well nothing.

49.22% - But then again, I do only have 2000 trophies ^^'

The number of trophies you have is irrelevant (and, actually, it might raise this percentage over time).

I see what you mean but that's only for DLCs with a single trophy.

And still, I don't think that "game owenrs" = "dlc owners" is correct either.

If you consider them the same you incur in the same problem PSN has (albeit on a smaller scale). Which is that everything is ultra rare.

Exactly. Sometimes it causes problems (e.g. the trophies from gun.smoke on Capcom Arcade Classics are absolutely brutal, but their percentages are incredibly high because it is considered DLC), but it's a small price to pay.

But that's their laziness and their opinion. Completion MUST be from ALL available trophies.

It's their choice to avoid playing DLCs.

<yawn>

People who speak in absolutes are so trite and boring.

39.28% currently.

The number will decrease once I get more trophies from Thief.

Honestly I never even consider to pay attention to my average rarity. Now I wonder if I should stop play any "easy" games just to lower my average rarity. Meh, I will play any games I like no matter how high its rarity is. Having high completion rate is more important for me anyway. :)

• Like 1

41,29 % on my profile 42,11 % in statistics

I'm sure there's a lot of people that think they completion statistic is unfair cause they don't play DLCs. Maybe more elegant solution would be to have option to show stats with or without DLCs, but there are two problems with that.

1. I don't know how much work that would actually take so maybe the amount of effort is not worth the reward.

2. Since everything I ever said on this site when I was actually being serious was either ignored, or dismissed as stupid I wouldn't hold my breath over it. 

That would be a reasonable alternative.