What's your current Average Rarity?

STFUxDxD

39.28% currently.

The number will decrease once I get more trophies from Thief.

Honestly I never even consider to pay attention to my average rarity. Now I wonder if I should stop play any "easy" games just to lower my average rarity. Meh, I will play any games I like no matter how high its rarity is. Having high completion rate is more important for me anyway. :)

I agree. I want to play as many games as I can, whether they're easy or hard.

• Like 1

I've been paying attention to random peoples rarity percentile randomly over the last few days, so it's kind of funny to me to be coming across this thread.

I'm having a hard time understanding why this would be a stat to pay attention to since about 95%+ of the people I've seen are in the 40-49% range. But I suppose a 0.1% difference on this stat would be similar to a 5% difference on the completion statistic.

Mines 42.88%

But that's their laziness and their opinion. Completion MUST be from ALL available trophies.

It's their choice to avoid playing DLCs.

That's such a ridiculous statement.  The simple fact that retail games have a Platinum trophy completely discredits it.  And laziness has nothing to do with it.  DLC almost never drops in price, and I only buy games once they are cheap or on sale.  I have no interest in getting a game for $15 and then spending $30 on DLC that only adds an extra hour or two of content.  If I can, I'll find a complete or goty edition that comes with all DLC, but if not, I usually never bother with the DLC.  Having my completion percentage penalized because I don't pay out the ass for overpriced content, most of which was taken out of the finished product solely to be sold as DLC, is pretty lame, IMO.  One of the things that deterred me from gaming on my 360 and brought me back to playstation was the achievement vs trophy format.  I got tired of getting every base achievement in a challenging game, just to have my achievement list look half empty.  At least the Plat is a symbol that even if you don't have 100% of all available trophies, you still completed the full game as it was when released.

With that said, I agree DrBloodMoney, completion percentage reflects DLC whether its owned or not, so rarity should too.  Or this site could go the other way like truetrophies did, and only count the content that the player owns for any and all calculations.  It doesn't matter to me which way it goes, but it should go one way or the other.

• Like 2