Confused about something

medcsu

I started taking the time to research about first achievers and such on this site (well done by the way on how quick the system updates) of late as I was curious as to how reactive it was. Anyhow, during this, I also took the time to gauge my own trophies and see where I ranked. This all began after attaining the "You asked for it" from "The Evil Within". During this I noticed I was the 11th person to attain the trophy (I noticed this the next time I checked the site). Recently I have been completely bumped off the "First Achievers" list. 

Let me say first and foremost this question is based out of curiosity and an opinion that, somehow, people are manipulating the system. If I am on a list, I am, if not, oh well. I decided to look more into it and found this:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/742-Dead-Space-2/47-Hard-to-the-Core

The actual Dead Space 2 release date was January 25, 2011. However, the top ranked achiever has a trophy completion date of August 20, 2009. This is an example (to me at least) of what I mean by people manipulating your system here by changing their systems date and time before they complete trophies. Thankfully this person was overly ridiculous when they pushed their manipulation of the system so they, apparently, confused DS2 with DS and their respected release dates and thus their trophy achievement is.... two years before the game was even released....

My "confusion" is more of a question and that question is, do you remove these people and their completions from your site upon discovery?

Thanks for the info.

Edited by medcsu

If it's a PS3 game and the date of a trophy looks wrong, or it was achieved too quickly, take a look a that gamer's PSNP profile. It usually very easy to tell if they've hacked their trophies. As MMDE said, upgrade to Premium - you can report them for cheating and they'll be removed from the Leaderboards.

For PS4 games (and most PS3 / Vita titles), keep in mind that not everybody syncs their trophies on a daily basis. Some folks might complete a game offline before syncing trophies. They might only sync them once a month. And they might not sync their trophies to this site. So it takes time for the First Achiever data to normalise.

You may be in the Top 10 in the first week after release, but that doesn't mean other people haven't achieved the trophy beforehand then synced them later, bumping you down the list.

• Like 3

First of all, changing the system date does not affect anything.

The trophy time stamp is not based on the date and time of the console, and that's why if you earn a trophy before creating a real playstation network account your trophies will all have a "no time stamp" time stamp.

If they have trophies with a date that's earlier than the game release, that's a hacked trophy.

Second, if you are in the first achievers there is always the possibility that someone has completed the game before you and has yet to sync his trophies.

• Like 1

First of all, changing the system date does not affect anything.

The trophy time stamp is not based on the date and time of the console, and that's why if you earn a trophy before creating a real playstation network account your trophies will all have a "no time stamp" time stamp.

If they have trophies with a date that's earlier than the game release, that's a hacked trophy.

Second, if you are in the first achievers there is always the possibility that someone has completed the game before you and has yet to sync his trophies.

Not always, some people get pre release versions of games. Of course that would only be a few weeks before release and not years. But it is possible to have trophies before release date without hacking.

Okay thanks for the information guys. So, in this case, considering it's two years before the game hit the shelves it's fairly obvious then. That one made me "wtf" a bit so I simply had to ask. I was under the impression it was a manipulation of their systems date/time to achieve that result but to "hack" it is something far beyond my knowledge base so I wouldn't even know where to start on how to explain that in a report other than "it's achieved two years before the game was released". 

Is this activity common?

If it's a PS3 game and the date of a trophy looks wrong, or it was achieved too quickly, take a look a that gamer's PSNP profile.

What exactly would I look for? I am viewing the page in question but is there some type of normal occurrence that takes place in these cases?

Okay thanks for the information guys. So, in this case, considering it's two years before the game hit the shelves it's fairly obvious then. That one made me "wtf" a bit so I simply had to ask. I was under the impression it was a manipulation of their systems date/time to achieve that result but to "hack" it is something far beyond my knowledge base so I wouldn't even know where to start on how to explain that in a report other than "it's achieved two years before the game was released". 

Is this activity common?

What exactly would I look for? I am viewing the page in question but is there some type of normal occurrence that takes place in these cases?

When trophies pop compared to each other, like if some are too soon achieved after each other, trophies pop out of the possible order etc.

• Like 1

When trophies pop compared to each other, like if some are too soon achieved after each other, trophies pop out of the possible order etc.

Thanks much. Yeah... looking at it for dates, en masse, it is incredibly obvious this individual did exactly that as beating the highest mode would have unlocked the lower difficult modes anyhow. Not to mention they too are achieved before the actual release date, one of which is even 3 years before the release (when the game probably began production...). 

It's also interesting that each and every "platinum" this individual received (58) save very few were all completed in five years and in many cases the games weren't even released as of then. Anyhow, thanks again all for your insight. I don't have a premium so if anyone had the interest in flagging this individual, here you go:

https://psnprofiles.com/unlaunched