Average Rarity

Noxter7
Go to solution Solved by amebapiko,

If you have 57% of Average Rarity and you wanna lower it go to PSNP->Games, then Order->(Difficulty), then go to page #9.. You'll see game with a lesser average than 57%. The more gap is between your average and the game-average, the faster your %Rarity will go down if you plat it.

Edit: And about difficulty: there are a lot of easy game with an average minor than 57%. Pacman and ghostly adventure, rain, Jak3, Sly3 ecc ecc.

Edited by alebrego

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old topic but I stumbled across it when looking how Average Rarity % is calculated as I always seem to be around 1.5% out.

I don't find this stat particularly useful either, for example if you go by average rarity you're better off with Trine on your trophy list instead of Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. What I look at instead is the most difficult trophy achieved in a game, after all that is how a games difficulty is decided - it's hardest trophy, you can then ignore the Common and Uncommon trophies as they are only put into games as fillers. I then added this into my spreadsheet to give a more meaningful figure.

post-113015-0-39314800-1444739375_thumb.jpg

Now looking at the difficulty % column this gives a better reflection of how tough a game is. I currently sit at 13.27% difficulty or a Rare trophy hunter (going by the current system of 0-5% - Ultra Rare, 5-10% - Very Rare and 10-20% - Rare).

What you could then have is this stat on the summary page instead of Average Rarity and a leaderboard to see who has the lowest score. I think that would give a true reflection of who the gamers out there are who tackle the toughest games.

• Like 4

Which makes 57% seem like I play games which are really really easy :/

ZachBoardyHD.png

That's what you do. You plat games with easy plats (or high %). I'm not hating or anything I just wanted to say that :) but to be honest its just a number.. So who care? Edited by Winston

• 6 months later...

I agree with FawltyPowers. I would calculate the average rarity by taking the rarest trophy from each game and divide it by the number of games.

I put a detailed case forward in this thread:

http://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/31790-average-rarity-change/

It wasn't too well received though, one of the biggest hurdles being the terminology. I called it "Average Difficulty" as an umbrella for the various factors that determine rarity. I've now changed it to "Av of each games Rarest Trophy". Still it's a stat I really like and will continue to use. It's gone up a bit recently though due to the Tomb Raider Franchise :(

Capture_zpsooonun6a.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I really don't like that the dlc trophies count for that average rarity the way they do. Your score gets lower by getting trophies from pretty much any dlc. It was already mentioned before in this thread with uncharted 3 being the example. It takes countless of hours to get these trophies but most of them are considered as common ones.

So basically if you go for your completion rate, your average rarity is pretty much screwed.