Remove trophy tips

DARKB1KE

Personally dont see how they guides would be effected negativity. 

Think about some random game with a decent guide. Say for that random game i find an easier way to do 1 thing. Does it make sense to make a rivaling guide for 1 trophy or a few parts of a trophy? Its impractical to have 1 and not the other in my opinion. Not saying its the end of the world or anything. But its pretty dumb for someone to write and entire guide for 1 thing. Even more so if say for example a new game comes out and someone just happens to get a few trophies and wants to put tips up for them. Only a moron would write a trophy guide with having little time/effort put into the game. Where as putting up tips for something is completely different and therefore understandable.

Sorry for the essay. Just doesnt make sense to think having another way to help people earn trophies on a trophy based site can be a bad thing. Seems counter productive to me is all.

This!

• Like 4

Personally dont see how they guides would be effected negativity. 

Think about some random game with a decent guide. Say for that random game i find an easier way to do 1 thing. Does it make sense to make a rivaling guide for 1 trophy or a few parts of a trophy? Its impractical to have 1 and not the other in my opinion. Not saying its the end of the world or anything. But its pretty dumb for someone to write and entire guide for 1 thing. Even more so if say for example a new game comes out and someone just happens to get a few trophies and wants to put tips up for them. Only a moron would write a trophy guide with having little time/effort put into the game. Where as putting up tips for something is completely different and therefore understandable.

Sorry for the essay. Just doesnt make sense to think having another way to help people earn trophies on a trophy based site can be a bad thing. Seems counter productive to me is all.

i second this. some of the tips have been really useful. 

Managing guides (quality of content, coherence, language, formatting, ecc.) is easier, since they are submitted to a team to be reviewed.

Tips are different:

They are submitted sparsely.

Are not subject to approval by a team.

Since they are from different people, things like coherence, language and formatting will inevitably be impossible to keep neatly.

And often, users liked to add one-liners with dubious usefulness.

Guides are much more neatly organized, visually appealing and most of all, subject to review and approval, resulting in higher quality content.

• Like 1

Trophy tips should stay as i use them myself as do others! Losing them would turn away users (Trophy Hunters :P) from this site if it wasn't as helpful in obtaining trophies!

Why not implement a feature to add our own trophy tips for a game that is separate from writing a guide? This option could also use a vote feature of helpful or not, moving it to the top (most useful) or bottom (least useful) in regards to obtaining the trophy! This could be further developed by being able to embed video guides from YouTube or images (maps, locations) etc.

• Like 1

Trophy tips should stay as i use them myself as do others! Losing them would turn away users (Trophy Hunters :P) from this site if it wasn't as helpful in obtaining trophies!

Why not implement a feature to add our own trophy tips for a game that is separate from writing a guide? This option could also use a vote feature of helpful or not, moving it to the top (most useful) or bottom (least useful) in regards to obtaining the trophy! This could be further developed by being able to embed video guides from YouTube or images (maps, locations) etc.

Exactly what I was thinking! Except for the embedded part but I think that's still a great idea xD

Yeah tips are so awesome *cough* *cough*

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1850-Crysis-3/51-Kicking-off-the-training-wheels

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1850-Crysis-3/39-Rising-Star

Guides>Tips, if you can't write a full guide then don't do it, let the skilled people do it.

The guide system WOULD take a hit if Tips came back, it's a fact. Many people started writing guides since they were introduced here. Besides if everyone could write tips why would they write a full guide? Tips are just bad.

Edited by Xxleonardo97xX
  • Like 1

We could phase the tips out by including the useful ones in a potential trophy guide. The only problem for me is when people got better tips that should be added to the guides. I've lots of mini guides I could post, and I've done some of it. I've had people in this thread ask me almost to stop doing it, and so I have, but I got plenty more I want available other places than where I originally made them available.

Edited by MMDE

To be honest, some old games don't have guides. However, they do have tips so I suggest they should stay as they aren't affecting anything.

Tips on older games wont be removed until it has a guide.

Besides, guides are much better IMO. Mainly because they are reviewed before getting published. I would hate using a tip and not getting what I want for hours and later finding out that the tip is a joke. This will never happen with guides. 

An old screen shot, pretty much why I think guides are better : 

image_zps90d186c9.jpg

• Like 2

Yeah tips are so awesome *cough* *cough*

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1850-Crysis-3/51-Kicking-off-the-training-wheels

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/1850-Crysis-3/39-Rising-Star

Guides>Tips, if you can't write a full guide then don't do it, let the skilled people do it.

The guide system WOULD take a hit if Tips came back, it's a fact. Many people started writing guides since they were introduced here. Besides if everyone could write tips why would they write a full guide? Tips are just bad.

What's your problem, those are super helpful tips ^_^ I mean don't be a noob...doesn't get more helpful than that :P

• Like 1

I really think it comes down to personal preference. I would much rather just have tips. Why would someone need help on every trophy on a game? Most of the time I only really need help on a handfull of trophies where a simple tip is good enough.

Edited by closertim