Same Game Shows Up Twice on Profile

So I was checking through my profile when I noticed that the game "Doki-Doki Universe" appeared twice on my profile, as shown below:

post-56252-0-30617700-1423980253_thumb.png (Going to have to click on the image to really see it)

As seen, its the same game on the same platforms. After checking my trophy list from my PS3, the game only appears once. Is this an error on PSNP and fixable?

Edited by BFR Nepgear

Yeah, it's only one showing up for me too - there's this rare bug that occurs every now and then that when you scroll all the way down and it loads the next 100 games, sometimes it loads the 100th game twice (or something like that) :P

Edited by BlindMango

Yeah, it's only one showing up for me too - there's this rare bug that occurs every now and then that when you scroll all the way down and it loads the next 100 games, sometimes it loads the 100th game twice (or something like that) :P

I'm just going to guess that if you've loaded the page already, and then in another window update your profile with an additional game, then go back to  your profile and scroll further down so it loads the next x games it will happen. This is because the loading actually takes "fresh" data from the server.

So let's say you load the first 100 games. You get a new game on your profile. Now the old 100th game on the list is the 101st game on the list. Now you scroll further down and it gets data from the server to load the next 100 games. It will now get game 101 through 200. The new 101st is the same as the old 100, so it will have loaded twice.

EDIT:

The problem can be fixed, but it's really not worth it from an efficiency standpoint and from a development standpoint. You could have an array with all loaded game's ID, and just check if the first ID in the new list has been loaded and adjust thereafter, of course better with a balanced tree or something, but with the extra overhead and small data size, it's really not worth it. It's just O(n) on a small data set anyways. Another solution that is way more efficient (client-wise, not server lol) is when you request more games that you request depending upon what the last one that was loaded was.

Edited by MMDE