Figures Thread

Carville87

I have a bit of a question to people here.

I don't currently have any figures in my collection yet, but I feel like that will change sometime in the near future. Anyway, I was checking for some anime related items on a local Craigslist-esque website, where I saw this Asuna figure for what I surmise is a pretty decent deal.

http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-18-scale-pre-painted-pvc-figure-asuna-alo-ver/13/706t9p

It's this figure, and the box is still sealed brand new. The person wants $100 for it. Should I bite on it and make it my first addition to my collection?

I don't currently have any figures in my collection yet, but I feel like that will change sometime in the near future. Anyway, I was checking for some anime related items on a local Craigslist-esque website, where I saw this Asuna figure for what I surmise is a pretty decent deal.

http://www.play-asia.com/sword-art-online-18-scale-pre-painted-pvc-figure-asuna-alo-ver/13/706t9p

It's this figure, and the box is still sealed brand new. The person wants $100 for it. Should I bite on it and make it my first addition to my collection?

Well if they are selling it for half price it could be a knock off. Also sealed doesn't mean it wasn't opened at one point. I would open it to make sure that it is still in mint condition before paying for it.

100$ is a lot of money to spend on a single figure so just make sure you know what you are getting before buying it.

I'll tell you right now, do not buy figures at play-asia.... They are overpriced as hell.

Is that a bootleg? Cloud's head looks really weird

I was going to say the same thing.. I have the original Cloud (AC) Play Arts figure with the motorbike and it looks better quality than this, the head looks very off as well as the plastic, it looks cheap to your usual Play Arts figure.

Veno's looks like this, but the hair/face look a lot better:

61Oc-OIDClL._SL1000_.jpg

Is that a bootleg? Cloud's head looks really weird

I was going to say the same thing.. I have the original Cloud (AC) Play Arts figure with the motorbike and it looks better quality than this, the head looks very off as well as the plastic, it looks cheap to your usual Play Arts figure.

Veno's looks like this, but the hair/face look a lot better:

61Oc-OIDClL._SL1000_.jpg

I didn't think anyone would notice. You're both right, it is a bootleg. When I seen the price, and that it was coming from China, I knew it was a fake. Part of me though was hoping it was legit, but as soon as I opened it up, and saw the head, yeah... could easily tell. Still, I think it looks good, so I'm happy. :)

• Like 1

Who's the girl on the last picture?

Also, you didn't have to bother with censorship (guess most of us wanted to see them without unnecessary inscriptions :awesome:).

I had to bother with the censorship, since the image sites I use to host all of my images (image servers at Giant Bomb & Comic Vine) would take down the photos and possibly hand down a ban for posting nude images. The nice thing is both sites let you upload all the images you want, so long as the content is not questionable. 

As for who it is, Ken already figured it out. She was a little pricey on eBay, but well worth it for a big 1/6th scale figure.

Edited by MossyOakRcn42
  • Like 1

I had to bother with the censorship, since the image sites I use to host all of my images (image servers at Giant Bomb & Comic Vine) would take down the photos and possibly hand down a ban for posting nude images. The nice thing is both sites let you upload all the images you want, so long as the content is not questionable. 

As for who it is, Ken already figured it out. She was a little pricey on eBay, but well worth it for a big 1/6th scale figure.

Imgur don't care really and they let you upload all the images you want as well (they have done away with that premium membership).  But I wouldn't suggest putting uncensored images up here.

Here is my anime figure collection (as of last week when the photos where taken). It is a mix of 1/8th, 1/7th, and 1/6th scale figures from several different brands (mostly Alter, Max Factory, and Kotobukiya), I am aware that most of my figures are quite dusty, and that is due to being on display in a room that sat empty for several years and the dust collected on the shelves I had them on. Two weeks ago I cleaned out that old room and moved my collection to a proper display area in an entertainment hutch (which has glass doors and keeps most of the dust out). I do plan on cleaning all of my figures this weekend when I have some free time. Below are two images showing off the entire collection, and then quite a few individual images that shows off each one in greater detail:

5400229-_mg_8730+copy.jpg

5374717-_mg_8736.jpg

5374712-_mg_8731.jpg

5374713-_mg_8732.jpg

5374714-_mg_8733.jpg

5374718-_mg_8737.jpg

5374719-_mg_8738.jpg

5374721-_mg_8739.jpg

5400233-_mg_8734+copy.jpg

5400234-_mg_8735+copy.jpg

Loving your selveria one!

• Like 1

She is here <3 She just arrived me <3 My Uni figure is here... but... woah... she was so expensive like hell... it was hard finding a nice price for her and in the end... she was... uhm... very expensive... xD

But I couldn't resist to buy her as huge Uni-lover <3 This is for now my most expensive figure here and back then I thought the Kyoko Kirigiri from Danganronpa with 150 buckets was expensive... :awesome:

x1CZvrC.jpg

o3lIs6U.jpg

aMDt6LM.jpg

For me Uni is not a candidate she is my own goddess here <3 PS: Messy background ftw... also spoiler because mass MOE-ness in max size... xD  :facepalm:  :S 

Edited by Uni
  • Like 4

Where do you guys buy your figures from? They all look so nice.

Do you keep the boxes or throw them?

I usually get all mine from AmiAmi, and I keep the boxes, especially if the figure has interchangeable parts, so I can keep them all nice and organized. Plus, if I ever have to move, having the boxes will be a life saver.

• Like 1