Figures Thread

Carville87

I usually get all mine from AmiAmi, and I keep the boxes, especially if the figure has interchangeable parts, so I can keep them all nice and organized. Plus, if I ever have to move, having the boxes will be a life saver.

This. AmiAmi is the place to go. I have found a couple of good deals on Amazon as well.

And I always keep the boxes, unless they arrive beat up, which doesn't happen that often.

Where do you guys buy your figures from? They all look so nice.

Do you keep the boxes or throw them?

All but one of my current anime figures have been purchased either off of Amazon or eBay. A word of warning, however, when it comes to getting figures from eBay. Depending on the character you are interested in getting a figure of, there is a chance that some of the figures being listed are those infamous "Made in China" knockoffs, so be sure to do your homework on a figure and refer to other images first before purchasing figures off of eBay.

The Hatsune Miku one in my collection (see my original post that shows off my collection on Page 15) I got in a deal with a fellow anime fan in the United Kingdom from the Playfire site I used to be active on years ago. 

As for your question regarding boxes, I still have nearly all of the original boxes for my entire collection. The only box that is in rough shape (how it arrived from the Japanese seller with USPS) is the box for my Sinon - 1/7th Scale Phantom Bullet Sword Art Online II PVC figure. 

Edited by MossyOakRcn42

Like most mentioned Amiami. If you want cheap 2nd hand and in good condition though you can buy figures at Mandarake or Jungle-scs. You can get good limited editions/exclusives there too. Though if you want brand new limiteds/exclusives i'd try Big in japan or Nippon Yasan though they are pricey. 

I get my Play Arts Kai from Square Enix store directly.

Other places would be Hobby Search for kits and Nippon Yasan.

I tried to purchase from AmiAmi before but their postage prices are a rip off imho.. To where I live and compared to other Japanese companies.

Hey I just noticed you're from the UK too right? :D I'm also from the UK and I tend to get a lot figures from sites like Eye on Asia (genuine, really good prices especially with the pound rate at the moment) and they tend to get really rare ones from time to time too. You do have to put down a deposit of either £10-£20 though for pre-orders but it's taken off the final price and usually you can cancel at any time time. There's no import fees etc with them either. I also try ebay too but only from trusted sellers or if they have sufficient photos showing authenticity etc.

I keep my boxes too, in case I decide to sell any at any point (only prizes though really) but mostly when I eventually move I want them all to be safe in their blisters/boxes. 

Edited by talithacs
  • Like 1

Has anyone ever canceled/not paid for an amiami preorder? Do I send them an email with some bullshit excuse or should I just ghost them?

If they ban me, do they blacklist my credit card or address or what?

I cancelled immediately after they finally told me the postage price for one of my orders.  They basically warned me if I cancelled again on any other order, they will ban my account there.  I haven't looked back, not allowing customers to cancel without risking getting banned is a bit dodgy imo.  Most other companies will happily cancel your order if you wanted it cancelled.

My excuse was basically the truth, I told them that is way too high for postage (they were trying to charge me something like £30+ plus I heard from a friend that their postage rates aren't anything to do with customs charge as she has been charged multiple times with them on customs, something like £50 when she's already paid £50+ postage - she orders in bulk) and I usually get much cheaper postage elsewhere and that I wasn't continuing with the order.

You're best to not ghost them (I assume that means just ignore the payment emails?), just give them an email with some bullshit excuse or the real reason why you aren't continuing.  If it's your first cancel, you aren't likely to be banned/blacklisted, but if you do it regularly, you will be.  I say if you ghost them at all, you will be banned/blacklisted.

AmiAmi would be much better if they could tell you what the postage will be, as I estimated it with their list and it ended up coming up much more expensive than I had expected, so their postage price list isn't really accurate at all.  From what Ramonachan tells me, it's the way they pack the boxes, they'll add extra weight to it by using large amounts of bubblewrap.

• Like 2

snip

It’s my 1st offence so they shouldn’t be too harsh. Emailing them is def a lot cleaner than just leving them hanging so I guess thats what I’ll do when the time comes. I have 2 other preorders from them that I still kinda want, otherwise I wouldn’t care too much even if they banned me.

It’s really annoying that the shipping + customs duty cost almost as much as the figure itself. I really should buy from places where u need to pay up front, maybe that’d prevent me from ordering a bunch of shit I might not be able to pay for.  Anyways thanks for the response.

I thought Edna was coming out this month? Maybe I got the date wrong. 

She is, but I have Amiami put everything for one month in a single order and ship it once everything's available, it makes things much easier. I don't usually get the package until the first week of the next month, so that's why I say I'll have her then.

• Like 1

AmiAmi would be much better if they could tell you what the postage will be, as I estimated it with their list and it ended up coming up much more expensive than I had expected, so their postage price list isn't really accurate at all.  From what Ramonachan tells me, it's the way they pack the boxes, they'll add extra weight to it by using large amounts of bubblewrap.

Yeah and after my next pre-order coming in October I'll stop ordering there and look for a better alternative.

---------------------------

I finally got my other GatchaGirl! Nendoroid #588 : Gatchaman CROWDS Utsutsu  

JJ4CeoNl.jpg

Can't wait to take pics of her along with Hajime.

-------------------------------

And here's my recent batch of pictures.

7doEeGj.jpg

XClfzTi.jpg

fuZZfDI.jpg

• Like 2

Nice, I want her and Komaru so much!

She's really nice for a prize figure! Furyu still have really good quality compared to other prize figure companies like Taito who seem to have not as great quality as of late. I still haven't seen Komaru for a good price yet, but it might be worth checking Mandarake for them. I can guarantee you Genocide'll be on there for around 3-4k yen new. :)

She's really nice for a prize figure! Furyu still have really good quality compared to other prize figure companies like Taito who seem to have not as great quality as of late. I still haven't seen Komaru for a good price yet, but it might be worth checking Mandarake for them. I can guarantee you Genocide'll be on there for around 3-4k yen new. :)

That's a price figure? D: 

You really can't judge by the companies name.... Nice catch Tali :yay: 

• Like 1

That's a price figure? D:

You really can't judge by the companies name.... Nice catch Tali :yay:

Thanks Hertz! I've wanted her since release. Yep!  But it seems that she goes for the price of a scale figure on sites like ebay and Yahoo auctions. The cheapest I saw her was for £75 used at one point! Seems like Munakata is also going down that road, except I haven't found him for under £100 yet. Crazy! :o 

• Like 1