Figures Thread

Carville87

24 minutes ago, DarkPirate2007 said:

So adorable. Where you get it? :)

From here :) https://sanshee.com/collections/persona-4/products/chie-collector-plush Came with a collector's card as well but I might keep that sealed on the tag. 

I'd like to point out that she's the only Persona 4 plush. Sanshee know who the best girl is. ;) 

Edited by Venocide

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

She also has a really annoying accent. :P

Oh yeah... so much fun... totally... hehehe... hehe

dKgePZZ.gif

Really??

I think Ayana did a fine job with her xD 

It's an Ultra Rare plat yoh :holy: 

(Though I know the character challenges are the one thing killing you here and the platinum lol) 

10 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

Really??

Spoiler

The Japanese voice actor sounds fine, it was the English voice actor I was talking about. As far as I know, I don't think you can switch to Japanese voices in the localised version. I could be wrong.

10 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

It's an Ultra Rare plat yoh :holy: 

(Though I know the character challenges are the one thing killing you here and the platinum lol) 

I don't play fighting games, but even so, I REALLY tried to get that platinum. I was replaying the same challenge over and over again for hours at a time for days, but even that wasn't enough. There aren't many games where I physically can't do something, but this was one of them. I think I lost some of my sanity in the process... :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

3 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

The Japanese voice actor sounds fine. It was the English voice actor I was talking about. As far as I know, I don't think you can switch to Japanese voices in the localised version. I could be wrong.

Spoiler

I don't play fighting games, but even so, I REALLY tried to get that platinum. I was replaying the same challenge over and over again for hours at a time for days, but even that wasn't enough. There aren't many games where I physically can't do something, but this was one of them. I think I lost some of my sanity in the progress... :P

LMAO, now I know what you meant. Dammmn! That was bad. 

Same here, I really want to start Blazblue but I'm not confident enough to try. What part did you get stuck? 

56 minutes ago, Ken Kaneki said:

LMAO, now I know what you meant. Dammmn! That was bad. 

Same here, I really want to start Blazblue but I'm not confident enough to try. What part did you get stuck? 

I know, right!? :giggle:

The character challenges. I'm not sure which ones now. I think I got pretty far into them, but I eventually just hit a wall. I felt like I got somewhat okay at the game which was pretty impressive for me since I've never played a fighting game before then, but it wasn't enough unfortunately. -_-

Edited by Undead Wolf

3 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

The Japanese voice actor sounds fine, it was the English voice actor I was talking about. As far as I know, I don't think you can switch to Japanese voices in the localised version. I could be wrong.

Of course you can =)

It's the Ultimax that sucks in this department.

3 hours ago, Ken Kaneki said:

She definitely did! Without Ayacchi, Labby would be less cute xD

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

Of course you can =)

It's the Ultimax that sucks in this department.

Oh, you could in Arena? I never played that one, just Ultimax, so I wouldn't know. It's a good thing I didn't play it because that platinum is like a million times harder than Ultimax's plat, yet I couldn't even do that. :P

Edited by Undead Wolf

Decided to open my Alphonse figure once and for all. My sneaking suspicion that it was a bootleg came true as I looked at his foot and read "Made in China." Funny enough, it's not half bad for a bootleg. It looks like Alphonse, the joints are a little stiff (but that's something I've been reading about the figure regardless), the paint job isn't terrible, and the parts are all there. Despite being fake it's an alright figure. Save for it making my entire room smell like paint. :S

I want to open Raidou now (which I know is real), but at the same time I want to preserve him in the box forever. Hmmm.

I want to get some Play Arts and those Persona 5 figures next. Here's hoping I get the budget.

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Decided to open my Alphonse figure once and for all. My sneaking suspicion that it was a bootleg came true as I looked at his foot and read "Made in China." Funny enough, it's not half bad for a bootleg. It looks like Alphonse, the joints are a little stiff (but that's something I've been reading about the figure regardless), the paint job isn't terrible, and the parts are all there. Despite being fake it's an alright figure. Save for it making my entire room smell like paint. :S

I want to open Raidou now (which I know is real), but at the same time I want to preserve him in the box forever. Hmmm.

I want to get some Play Arts and those Persona 5 figures next. Here's hoping I get the budget.

Err, most (if not all) Japanese (and everywhere really, even American ones) figure companies use factories in China to make their figures, that's not a sign of a bootleg... Now the smell MIGHT be one though.

• 2 weeks later...
On January 3, 2017 at 5:29 PM, Devil_Spooky said:

Err, most (if not all) Japanese (and everywhere really, even American ones) figure companies use factories in China to make their figures, that's not a sign of a bootleg... Now the smell MIGHT be one though.

Really? Huh, didn't know that. Always thought that a figure being made in China was a surefire way to see whether it is a bootleg. The smell could've been from the fact that the figure has been stored away for a while, and I have no idea what the temperature was like. Despite that though I still don't have my doubts it's a bootleg. Like I said it's still a pretty damn nice one though.

Anyway, discovered that this exists:

Free-Shipping-1-6-Action-Figure-Football

Kagawa is one of my favorite players and good quality football figures seem hard to come across (though I would much prefer him in the Dortmund jersey *cough*) so I would like to get this, but I have seen absolutely nothing about this figure other than the very few images I could find after a Google search and some stuff about other figures in this 'collection' (namely Rooney and Giggs) and I can't seem to find a seller that I entirely trust, especially since the figure seems to be on the pricey side. :/ Anyway, just wondering if anyone on here has seen or heard of these particular 1/6 scale football figures? I don't know how many football fans there are on here, but it's worth a shot to ask.

EDIT: Within minutes after posting this I was able to find out who makes the figure and find more information on it, even a seller that seems trustworthy. :facepalm: I feel like I just posted a status update... 

Edited by Waffles

1 hour ago, Waffles said:

Really? Huh, didn't know that. Always thought that a figure being made in China was a surefire way to see whether it is a bootleg. The smell could've been from the fact that the figure has been stored away for a while, and I have no idea what the temperature was like. Despite that though I still don't have my doubts it's a bootleg. Like I said it's still a pretty damn nice one though.

Reveal hidden contents

Basically every single company that mass produces something do so in Chinese factories, due to cost, so they can turn a better profit.

Here's a nice project, go around and check every figure you can find for it's "made in" info and see how many are from China, if it's anywhere bellow 98% of them I would be really surprised lol

Edited by Devil_Spooky

12 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Basically every single company that mass produces something do so in Chinese factories, due to cost, so they can turn a better profit.

Here's a nice project, go around and check every figure you can find for it's "made in" info and see how many are from China, if it's anywhere bellow 98% of them I would be really surprised lol

Guess I've been reading from the wrong sources then (reading an article about detecting bootlegs led me to believe they were all made in Japan or something). Thanks for the info. Now that I know that I have a little more confidence in little ol' Alphonse (despite the horrid smell...).

Edited by Waffles

12 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Guess I've been reading from the wrong sources then (reading an article about detecting bootlegs led me to believe they were all made in Japan or something). Thanks for the info. Now that I know that I have a little more confidence in little ol' Alphonse (despite the horrid smell...).

Usually collector's use the way figures smell to spot a bootleg, it's because bootlegers use lead base plastic because it's cheaper, and that gives a strong smell, especially the moment you open them up, but the smell goes away eventually, well, most of it, and if that's the only low point on a bootleg figure I think it's worth it, especially if the official one is way over priced because of rarity.

For example I have these, and they're 100% bootlegs, but they are almost as good as the originals, and only cost me something around $30 for the set, where the originals usually go around 200 for each, the reason they are so good is because they where done with the molds of the originals by the same people that worked at the factory, they used left over materials and made them afterhours, then made a small profit on the side (China factory workers are underpaid and overworked, they do what they can to get by).

Another good way to spot a bootleg is looking at the copyright info, usually bootlegers remove that so they don't get in trouble, if a figure has it then either is an original, or a bootleg done with the original molds, but these are quite rare I believe, easier/safer to create new molds from an actual figure or prototype and remove the copyright before molding new pieces.

Also the packaging, they either don't have any, or have one without copyright info on it, usually printed in bad quality. Another sure way is accesories, bottlegers try to cut corners, and usually only go for the basic acessories, for example on Kingdom Hearts figures they leave out Sora's necklace or the Keyblade's keychain, so even in packaging you can easily check.

Don't really know where I'm going with this but oh well :P

• Like 1

God bless'em <3 My bought figures are here <3 Orginally bought as my christmas present... well now I see them as my very own earlier B-day present xD

0LexiGx.jpg

+

ubyFzvW.jpg

Dang and of course Non-tan can't bought without Elicchi :awesome: There is still 1 Nico on the way not to mention about my iDOLM@STER twins Ami and Mami... (screw the delay!) and geez... I still need to shoot my other 70~ figures... but sry I am so lazy, guess it will took... time... like forever... orz

EDIT: Wuarg... Coonie's kitchen in BG ignores... ignores... lol :ninja:

Edited by Tanuzomi
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

While waiting for my pricey January figures, I finally opened some of the figures that where sitting in my shelves for a while... 

(My 1K PSNP Post :P )

@Satoshi Ookami Yeah dat Ass...

Shining Resonance - Rinna Mayfield - 1/8 (Kotobukiya)

Spoiler

bIiJIXI.jpg

VTQbfo3.jpg

G0AJ96o.jpg

R5TT7e2.jpg

Fate/Zero - Saber - 1/6 (Aniplex)

Spoiler

uVfkDOL.jpg

cPdf8p8.jpg

unBrTy0.jpg

Kizumonogatari - Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade - 1/8 (Good Smile Company)

@Satoshi Ookami Nadeko Succcks :awesome: 

Spoiler

DtM76Gw.jpg

gKUP720.jpg

5VdDysG.jpg