Figures Thread

Carville87

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

OK more TMNT to add :) and these ones are gaming related. I don't think even @Devil_Spooky has these guys. I absolutely love them but they didn't stand. Luckily I was able to find Paper Clamps that came in different colours to make little stands for them :P

X9wQR2U.jpg

Ha ha those look great, they're Pacman ghosts right?

They're made in Hama beads right? I have some as well, but they're regular Turtle faces, my sister gave them to me :D

Nope, I'm not jealous at all :P

Well, I recently did get the NECA 1990 movie ones so there's that I guess :P

1 hour ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Ha ha those look great, they're Pacman ghosts right?

They're made in Hama beads right? I have some as well, but they're regular Turtle faces, my sister gave them to me :D

Nope, I'm not jealous at all :P

Well, I recently did get the NECA 1990 movie ones so there's that I guess :P

Yup :) And a Pizza Pac-Man. I found it on Amazon and I just had to get them

https://www.amazon.ca/Turtles-Pac-Man-Pixel-Art-Franchise/dp/B01MYH2II6/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534637276&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=tmnt&psc=1

I love the Neca Movie Turtles. Those look fantastic. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yup :) And a Pizza Pac-Man. I found it on Amazon and I just had to get them

https://www.amazon.ca/Turtles-Pac-Man-Pixel-Art-Franchise/dp/B01MYH2II6/ref=sr_1_17_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1534637276&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=tmnt&psc=1

I love the Neca Movie Turtles. Those look fantastic. 

LOL the pizza is too much, I love it.

Indeed they do, the amount of detail is insane, it's like they picked the original suits and shrunk them, I still can't believe I managed to snag a set and are now my favorite item on my collection.

LOL the pizza is too much, I love it.

Indeed they do, the amount of detail is insane, it's like they picked the original suits and shrunk them, I still can't believe I managed to snag a set and are now my favorite item on my collection.

Yes and knowing how they are I am sure dozens will be on ebay for like 600$ for the whole set :(

If you don't mind me asking how much did they cost? They are pretty damn good looking.

17 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yes and knowing how they are I am sure dozens will be on ebay for like 600$ for the whole set :(

If you don't mind me asking how much did they cost? They are pretty damn good looking.

Hell, you already can find them for at least $100 each...

Not at all, I've managed to grab a set directly from NECA, $135 plus shipping. The only crappy thing was that you had to be extremely lucky to snag a set, they put a few pre-orders during 3 days that sold out in seconds (I managed to grab my set on the first day 20 seconds after they went live, they sold out as soon as I went back to the pre-order page), and then they where SDCC exclusives so you had to go there to grab them if you missed out on the pre-orders. Not only that but they where US exclusives, I had to use MyUS to have them sent my way, thank god NECA didn't cancel my pre-order because of that ortherwise there would be no way to get these unless I paid scalper prices...

But these are NECA so there's a big chance bootlegs from them will eventually be released, and if they're as good qualitity as the old Mirage Turtles from a few years back they'll be almost as good as the real thing so hopefully you can grab one of those for a more friendly price sometime down the road ;)

Edited by Devil_Spooky

Hell, you already can find them for at least $100 each...

Not at all, I've managed to grab a set directly from NECA, $135 plus shipping. The only crappy thing was that you had to be extremely lucky to snag a set, they put a few pre-orders during 3 days that sold out in seconds (I managed to grab my set on the first day 20 seconds after they went live, they sold out as soon as I went back to the pre-order page), and then they where SDCC exclusives so you had to go there to grab them if you missed out on the pre-orders. Not only that but they where US exclusives, I had to use MyUS to have them sent my way, thank god NECA didn't cancel my pre-order because of that ortherwise there would be no way to get these unless I paid scalper prices...

But these are NECA so there's a big chance bootlegs from them will eventually be released, and if they're as good qualitity as the old Mirage Turtles from a few years back they'll be almost as good as the real thing so hopefully you can grab one of those for a more friendly price sometime down the road ;)

Thank fuck for Bootleggers :P

I was just talking about that with my Brother in Law as he was buying some Lego for a project for his students and it was 15$ just for the starting platform (so times that by 20 kids and then add on the real pieces).

Well he found a Chinese Bootleg company that makes "lego" and it is just 2$ for the stand now :)

3 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Thank fuck for Bootleggers :P

I was just talking about that with my Brother in Law as he was buying some Lego for a project for his students and it was 15$ just for the starting platform (so times that by 20 kids and then add on the real pieces).

Well he found a Chinese Bootleg company that makes "lego" and it is just 2$ for the stand now :)

Well, I don't really aprove of bootlegers normally, but for these one of a kind deals that once they sold out there's no way to get them other then scalpers then I'm ok with it, I mean, I rather pay for something illegal then feed up some good for nothing bloke that just wants to make a quick buck.

12 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Well, I don't really aprove of bootlegers normally, but for these one of a kind deals that once they sold out there's no way to get them other then scalpers then I'm ok with it, I mean, I rather pay for something illegal then feed up some good for nothing bloke that just wants to make a quick buck.

That's my policy. 

Companies should realize that resellers are a huge problem and instead just release more copies. I mean when I used to work for Playstation I would see the same couple of people at the stores when they open buying all the skylanders or Amiibo's and then selling them at their store later that day.

I once shook my head when my Walmarts told me that they sold all of the PS3 that were on 50$ off before I even got there to put up the signage. 

I then told them that by doing it the way they did Walmart lost closed to 20,000 because they sold them all at a 50$ loss...they were supposed to attach software or peripherals onto to the sales to make it worth the money.

Anyways...fuck reselllers. 

5 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That's my policy.

Companies should realize that resellers are a huge problem and instead just release more copies. I mean when I used to work for Playstation I would see the same couple of people at the stores when they open buying all the skylanders or Amiibo's and then selling them at their store later that day.

I once shook my head when my Walmarts told me that they sold all of the PS3 that were on 50$ off before I even got there to put up the signage.

I then told them that by doing it the way they did Walmart lost closed to 20,000 because they sold them all at a 50$ loss...they were supposed to attach software or peripherals onto to the sales to make it worth the money.

Anyways...fuck reselllers.

Oh they know, at least this time NECA tried to fight them off, you could only buy 2 sets max and every order they found was cancelled, but some managed to bypass that, there's this one guy on the Technodrome Forums that boasts that he managed to grab more then 10 sets to resell, and he thinks he's above NECA's policies because he used his friends to buy them for him and that it's his only source of income because of some disability that prevents him from working or so he says, obviously everyone hates him in there because most of the people there never where able to grab a set because it was sold out before they had a chance of getting one, and all because of those discusting scalpers. So for them hopefully no one buys them and some bootlegs are released, if not for anything else at least just for those assholes to lose money on this. :shakefist:

7 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Oh they know, at least this time NECA tried to fight them off, you could only buy 2 sets max and every order they found was cancelled, but some managed to bypass that, there's this one guy on the Technodrome Forums that boasts that he managed to grab more then 10 sets to resell, and he thinks he's above NECA's policies because he used his friends to buy them for him and that it's his only source of income because of some disability that prevents him from working or so he says, obviously everyone hates him in there because most of the people there never where able to grab a set because it was sold out before they had a chance of getting one, and all because of those discusting scalpers. So for them hopefully no one buys them and some bootlegs are released, if not for anything else at least just for those assholes to lose money on this. :shakefist:

Well I know at least in Canada the government is trying to go after people's paypal accounts to make sure they are paying taxes on everything. So hopefully that slows some people down as well. But of course there are always ways around that as well :(

I remember you were talking about my original TMNT reprints but the reason I got the reprints is because they were under 100 for all 4 vs like 600-1200 for an original set.

15 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well I know at least in Canada the government is trying to go after people's paypal accounts to make sure they are paying taxes on everything. So hopefully that slows some people down as well. But of course there are always ways around that as well :(

I remember you were talking about my original TMNT reprints but the reason I got the reprints is because they were under 100 for all 4 vs like 600-1200 for an original set.

Well, those where re-issued by revoltech and you could've gotten them for around $65 each so I woud've went with those instead, but hey, not judging you there buddy, one should do whatever is best for himself, I also recall you got those before they re-release them so it's not like you would know they would do that anyway ;)

On 8/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, Devil_Spooky said:

Well, those where re-issued by revoltech and you could've gotten them for around $65 each so I woud've went with those instead, but hey, not judging you there buddy, one should do whatever is best for himself, I also recall you got those before they re-release them so it's not like you would know they would do that anyway ;)

Oh my revoltech bootlegs were (I think) 50 for all 4.

No I meant the Original 87 TMNT that I have in the package. There in the package and look awesome and didn't cost me a small mortgage :P

I also did pick up Pizza Power board game today off Kijiji :D There is a little gunk on the box but other than that it is in great condition.

15 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh my revoltech bootlegs were (I think) 50 for all 4.

No I meant the Original 87 TMNT that I have in the package. There in the package and look awesome and didn't cost me a small mortgage :P

I also did pick up Pizza Power board game today off Kijiji :D There is a little gunk on the box but other than that it is in great condition.

Oh, those, no my friend, those are the real deal, they're the last wave by playmates, they're just not that good lol

As far as I can see the only bootlegs you have are the Revoltech ones, the rest are legit

Oh and now I see you know that, you where talking about reprints lol don't mind me :P

On 8/23/2018 at 4:55 PM, Devil_Spooky said:

Oh, those, no my friend, those are the real deal, they're the last wave by playmates, they're just not that good lol

As far as I can see the only bootlegs you have are the Revoltech ones, the rest are legit

Oh and now I see you know that, you where talking about reprints lol don't mind me :P

Yeah the Revoltech and the Neca Mirage TMNTs are my only bootlegs...but the Mirage ones are so awesome I have to own those ones.

21 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Yeah the Revoltech and the Neca Mirage TMNTs are my only bootlegs...but the Mirage ones are so awesome I have to own those ones.

I have the NECA mirage ones as well, but I also have a B&W original set, and the quality between the 2 are virtually identical, they did a great work with those, hopefuly they'll do the same with the movie ones.

I also own a set of the old movie ones by Plamates, those are not as good, but they're not that bad, actually they're not really worse then current Playmates, as sad as that might be...

45 minutes ago, Devil_Spooky said:

I have the NECA mirage ones as well, but I also have a B&W original set, and the quality between the 2 are virtually identical, they did a great work with those, hopefuly they'll do the same with the movie ones.

I also own a set of the old movie ones by Plamates, those are not as good, but they're not that bad, actually they're not really worse then current Playmates, as sad as that might be...

I actually really like the Universal Monster toys by playmates. They were a ton of fun :)

tmnt-toy.jpg?resize=682,351

23 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I actually really like the Universal Monster toys by playmates. They were a ton of fun :)

tmnt-toy.jpg?resize=682,351

The problem with Playmates is that the promo pictures differ greatly from the final product, usually on the paint apps. A shame really, becase some of their sculpts are actually nice if only they where fully painted...

5 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

The problem with Playmates is that the promo pictures differ greatly from the final product, usually on the paint apps. A shame really, becase some of their sculpts are actually nice if only they where fully painted...

Well the Universal Monsters turned out nice in my opinion. They feel a good thickness (which is something I have always liked TMNT figures over other action figures) and they are super colourful :)

18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Well the Universal Monsters turned out nice in my opinion. They feel a good thickness (which is something I have always liked TMNT figures over other action figures) and they are super colourful :)

Those unfortunetly are not the norm, in contrast you have some like the Mystic ones with unpainted feet, or the space ones with missing armor. And to add insult to injury they not only won't bother to create good figures, but also prevent others from doing it. I really don't understand why Viacom won't force their hand at releasing the master license...

Good news, NECA and Gamespot just announced the movie turtles will be released as Gamestop exclusives in January, grab them while you can.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

9 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Those unfortunetly are not the norm, in contrast you have some like the Mystic ones with unpainted feet, or the space ones with missing armor. And to add insult to injury they not only won't bother to create good figures, but also prevent others from doing it. I really don't understand why Viacom won't force their hand at releasing the master license...

Good news, NECA and Gamespot just announced the movie turtles will be released as Gamestop exclusives in January, grab them while you can.

That's too bad. I actually was interested in the mystic ones but they are hard to find. Toys R Us had the universal monster ones as of a couple of months ago so I didn't have to pay stupid prices.

I wonder if EB games will get that as well...probably not :(

14 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

That's too bad. I actually was interested in the mystic ones but they are hard to find. Toys R Us had the universal monster ones as of a couple of months ago so I didn't have to pay stupid prices.

I wonder if EB games will get that as well...probably not :(

Gamespot exclusive so I guess US only, still easier for regular fans to grab a set.

9 hours ago, Devil_Spooky said:

Gamespot exclusive so I guess US only, still easier for regular fans to grab a set.

I wonder if I can preorder online and get my brother-in-law's mom to pick it up for me...they are always coming to visit. I will have to look into this :D