Figures Thread

Carville87

First figure of the year ?, actually I have 2 others already paid this summer, but deciced to let them sleep at amiami because they were previously delayed and f*** pandemic situation that prevents SAL shipping to be functional.

Anyway, here's Suzuya from Amakuni, my first Kancolle figure (never played the mobage, of course) and also first figure (but other preordered) from this manufacturer.

ElZ3jzZWkAAnbjL.jpg

ElZ3lYQXgAApCZN.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I guess unlocking BBTAG :platinum: was a good reminder for me to post those pics of Ruby and Weiss I did two weeks ago. ?

Ruby and Weiss - pop up parade from Good Smile.

EuHAQhOWYAsFOfy.jpgAs it's really not easy to find RWBY figures (because it's a non?? ip) I was glad Good Smile did something about this.

Also, those are my very first pop up parade figures, and I must say while those are cheap figures (-4000 yen), the quality is stll here! I'm just waiting for Blake and Yang now, to complete the TEAM RWBY!

More ?

Spoiler

EuHARXIXUAQO1BJ.jpg

EuHASgNXEAEd7fS.jpg

EuHATaPXUAArljw.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Second Amakuni / Hobby Japan figure is here, welcome home Abby-chan!

Abigail Williams from Fate Grand Order / FateGO.

ExpeF_EWYAUPdCv.jpg

ExpeEfsXEAYeHPu.jpg

This one happened to be particularly expensive because first shipment failed (I ? my postal service sometimes) and the package got back to ??).

Second shipment reached my home, but also had customs on it. Price stonked! Forced airmail thanks to the neverending pandemic is already a pain, but well ... Not complaining that much too about customs, I mean, we're pretty lucky in my country as according to the shipment service you get, you have low chance to get caught. I guess it has something to do with the size of the box, while being compatible with small packet, it was close to the limit.

About the figure itself, well, she's awesome. Abigail comes with an alternative face + arm, because there's also a set with her friend (?) Lavinia Whateley where they're holding hands.

https://fr.myfigurecollection.net/picture/2420343&context[]=itemId%3A740220

Finally, as I own older figures of characters wearing a hat, I was surprised to notice a tiny magnet inside, meaning it'll never go down on its own, smart!

• Like 3

@LoveInHell

The scale figures are the expensive ones. That Tohka figure I just posted above, after sales tax and shipping, was $188 and I have a different figure of the same character that I have not received yet that was $202. Both are 1/7 scale figures. There are also 1/4 scale figures that tend to cost around $300+

Edited by Mike13858

2 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Can you guys post links from where you get these figurines? Regular, very good shops to order from.

Figure above looks awesome! ^

Here I have a number of shops I have ordered from in the past:

- AmiAmi: great selection of both brand new and second-hand. Great prices and top service. I shop here most of the time.

- Solaris Japan: Huge catalog of both new and used figures, as well games, books, and a number of other merchandise. Super nice in their service and communication. Their prices are a bit higher than other sites, the same goes for their shipping.

- Mandarake: Gigantic selection of mostly pre-owned figures, manga, books, and tons of other merchandise. Even if they're second-hand, everything I've gotten from them is "like new", which is a common thing from most Japanese sellers. Cheap prices but the shipping can be a bit a tad bit expensive depending on what you get and from which of their stores.

- Jungle Entertainment Hobby Shop: Both second-hand and brand new figures. Reasonable prices. Not as huge or well-known as other sites but I've worked with them a couple of times and my experience with them has been good.

There are a bunch of other sellers depending on what you're looking for, but those above are some petty good options to start with, especially AmiAmi. For a good database and community of figure collectors, you can also check MyFigureCollection.net. Plenty of people re-selling their figures there, so you could end up finding something you're interested in on that website as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/15/2021 at 5:26 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Whatever happened with this thread? No one else has posted here in quite a while. I see my last post with a new figure was when I got Mirai more than a year ago.

It's been years since I last posted in this thread, so I guess that makes me part of the problem (lol). I'll have to clean up and post some pictures of my updated collection later, assuming the dust doesn't kill me.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Cave Johnson said:

It's been years since I last posted in this thread, so I guess that makes me part of the problem (lol). I'll have to clean up and post some pictures of my updated collection later, assuming the dust doesn't kill me.

Lol, no worries. I kind of forgot this thread was even here and only decided to revive it on a whim. I had gotten a bunch of figures since my last post and I wanted to know if anyone else here had also expanded their collection. Feel free to posts yours whenever you can. :)

I normally post mine via status updates but I'll try to post the next ones on here as well. xD

• Like 1

• 2 years later...