Figures Thread

Carville87

I found all my non-Amiibo figures in my closet and took a picture of them to send to a friend (with the caption "look at all this sad shit in my closet") so why not show it here too:

EF6ik.jpg

The crown jewel of my collection is my Medicom Alphonse Elric figure (though to be perfectly honest I'm not too sure if it's a real one), but my favorite figure is my D-Arts Raidou Kuzunoha figure (which is real) since it's so goddamn cool. My first figure was my MegaHouse Zoro, which I got a couple years ago when I was naive and thought this would be a cheap fun hobby that totally wouldn't take up space.

Still enjoy the hobby, and I know quite a bit about the different companies that make these fine pieces of plastic because my extensive research (I was hell-bent on getting a figure of every character from every anime I liked), but I think I'm more casual about it now. I'm gonna try getting at least one figure of my absolute favorite characters every once in a while.

Oh yeah, and the reason they're not out of their boxes is because I don't really have the space to display them or anywhere to put their spare parts at the moment (also I might be a little scared to find out if their parts are flimsy and bad or not, specifically on Alphonse).

• Like 1

I found all my non-Amiibo figures in my closet and took a picture of them to send to a friend (with the caption "look at all this sad shit in my closet") so why not show it here too:

EF6ik.jpg

The crown jewel of my collection is my Medicom Alphonse Elric figure (though to be perfectly honest I'm not too sure if it's a real one), but my favorite figure is my D-Arts Raidou Kuzunoha figure (which is real) since it's so goddamn cool. My first figure was my MegaHouse Zoro, which I got a couple years ago when I was naive and thought this would be a cheap fun hobby that totally wouldn't take up space.

Still enjoy the hobby, and I know quite a bit about the different companies that make these fine pieces of plastic because my extensive research (I was hell-bent on getting a figure of every character from every anime I liked), but I think I'm more casual about it now. I'm gonna try getting at least one figure of my absolute favorite characters every once in a while.

Oh yeah, and the reason they're not out of their boxes is because I don't really have the space to display them or anywhere to put their spare parts at the moment (also I might be a little scared to find out if their parts are flimsy and bad or not, specifically on Alphonse).

DEVIL SUMMONER!! That game doesn't get enough love. Nice figure.. it's got to be rare.

• Like 1

DEVIL SUMMONER!! That game doesn't get enough love. Nice figure.. it's got to be rare.

Devil Summoner is my favorite series of SMT games behind Persona, absolutely agree that it needs more love. :)

It's hard to tell if the figure is rare or not, since I see it going for both an expensive price and for a more reasonable price on Amazon. The MegaHouse Raidou figure, on the other hand...

Haha it's actually an 8bitdo but yeah really nice replica for a SNES controller, has bluetooth and everything so awesome for playing games on android or PC, you can even use it as a Wii Remote :lol:

http://8bitdo.com/sfc30/

That's neat.

Some shots from today, trying out different backgrounds and lighting.  Figures pictured figma Kanbaru Suruga, figma Hitagi Senjougahara, Parfom Aigis

QaMjWjU.jpg

QhYcIFl.jpg

BNk4qs6.jpg

CX2jEvC.jpg

I am a bit of a TMNT fan (fuck the new movies) and I recently found the set of Revoltech turtles on eBay for an amazing price. Donny's right arm is a little loose (I can't really pose him because of it) but for the price I paid that is not too bad. Here are the 4 turtles as well as a bigger picture of all the different kinds I have :)

3483eqe.jpg  a0v5ms.jpg

• Like 4

I am a bit of a TMNT fan (fuck the new movies) and I recently found the set of Revoltech turtles on eBay for an amazing price. Donny's right arm is a little loose (I can't really pose him because of it) but for the price I paid that is not too bad. Here are the 4 turtles as well as a bigger picture of all the different kinds I have :)

3483eqe.jpg  a0v5ms.jpg

162997_0.jpg

(A HUGE TMNT fan here in case you're wondering) I also have a decent TMNT collection myself Wj4JiXD.jpg(outdated collection though, got a couple more that are missing from here as well as some others I'm waiting to arrive). Anyway, the reason your Revoltechs where so cheap is because they're bootlegs, the telltale sign are Donnie's joints that have a different color from his body, still nice figures though, just not as good as those NECA's you have (bootlegs as well BTW, NECA never made them with the color coded bandanas, the ones I have with the red bandanas are bootlegs as well, the legit ones are way to expensive, the B&W ones I have are legit though, they never made bootlegs of those).

Anyway I also have a couple more figures as well, will take pictures and post them here eventually as well.

Edited by Devil_Spooky
  • Like 4

162997_0.jpg

(A TMNT nutter here in case you're wondering) I also have a decent TMNT collection myself

(outdated collection though, got a couple more that are missing from here as well as some others I still have to buy some time soon). Anyway, the reason your Revoltechs where so cheap is because they're bootlegs, the telltale sigh are Donnie's joints that have a different color from his body, still nice figures though, just not as good as those NECA's you have (bootlegs as well BTW, NECA never made them with the color codes bandanas, the ones I have with the red bandanas are bootlegs as well, the legit ones are way to expensive, the B&W ones I have are legit though, they never made bootlegs of those).

Anyway I also have a couple more figures as well, will take pictures and post them here eventually as well.

I figured they might be bootlegs because they came from China and the seller had 3 sets to sell (always a giveaway) and the price was so cheap. The thing is they came with all the parts (different heads, ctiy stands, all weapons) and the boxes (normal Bootlegs usually come in the same box but these were the original boxes) and besides Donny's arm being loose they are in mint condition. So they may be bootlegs...but they are damn good bootlegs.

Also I love my Neca bootlegs :). I really wanted the multiple headbands so I am more than happy to support the bootlegs on these (one of the only times a Bootleg is nicer than the original).

I love your B&W turtles and jealous of the original turtles in the packages still. I am guessing those are the rereleased versions. I regret not picking those up when they were at Toys R Us. Now they are too expensive to get (I see people trying to sell each one for 40-50$ each)

I figured they might be bootlegs because they came from China and the seller had 3 sets to sell (always a giveaway) and the price was so cheap. The thing is they came with all the parts (different heads, ctiy stands, all weapons) and the boxes (normal Bootlegs usually come in the same box but these were the original boxes) and besides Donny's arm being loose they are in mint condition. So they may be bootlegs...but they are damn good bootlegs.

Also I love my Neca bootlegs :). I really wanted the multiple headbands so I am more than happy to support the bootlegs on these (one of the only times a Bootleg is nicer than the original).

I love your B&W turtles and jealous of the original turtles in the packages still. I am guessing those are the rereleased versions. I regret not picking those up when they were at Toys R Us. Now they are too expensive to get (I see people trying to sell each one for 40-50$ each)

They also bootlegged the boxes LOL there's another sign on those as well, Raph's is not a bright red, looks more orange, but yeah, they are still nice, a lot more frail though, but as long as you take care of them they should be fine.

I don't agree with you on the NECA's, those are supposed to be the Mirage Turtles, no color code bandanas on those, all red all the way :P Anyway they are really really nice bootlegs, in fact they have a nice story behind them, they where actually created on the same factory as the official ones, afterhours by the workers there with their own materials, that's why they're so legit looking, other then a slight variation on the colors of the shells and the plastrons and the slight hard plastic on plastrons as well.

Yeah, the B&W are gorgeous, but I actually think I like the colored ones slightly better, bootlegs and all :D.

Yeah, those are the 25th anniversary re-releases, my girlfriend bought them for me a couple of years ago, I'll have to open them up eventually to replace my older ones from when I was a kid, they are in really bad shape :( They re-released them again for the 30th anniversary but stay away from those, the colors are way off and are ugly as hell, specially Raph, poor thing looks like he's sick.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

They also bootlegged the boxes LOL there's another sign on those as well, Raph's is not a bright red, looks more orange, but yeah, they are still nice, a lot more frail though, but as long as you take care of them they should be fine.

I don't agree with you on the NECA's, those are supposed to be the Mirage Turtles, no color code bandanas on those, all red all the way :P Anyway they are really really nice bootlegs, in fact they have a nice story behind them, they where actually created on the same factory as the official ones, afterhours by the workers there with their own materials, that's why they're so legit looking, other then a slight variation on the colors of the shells and the plastrons and the slight hard plastic on plastrons as well.

Yeah, the B&W are gorgeous, but I actually think I like the colored ones slightly better, bootlegs and all :D.

Yeah, those are the 25th anniversary re-releases, my girlfriend bought them for me a couple of years ago, I'll have to open them up eventually to replace my older ones from when I was a kid, they are in really bad shape :( They re-released them again for the 30th anniversary but stay away from those, the colors are way off and are ugly as hell, specially Raph, poor thing looks like he's sick.

Yeah I know what you mean about frail, as they didn't move as fluidly as other Revoltech that I have. It is weird they went to the trouble of bootlegging the boxes...that is a step Bootleggers don't usually take (at least not bootlegging them all individually).

I don't know if you watch Phelous? He is how I heard about the NECA bootlegs and he goes into the history of them :)

His show Bootleg Zones is a lot of fun and you should check out his Turtle Fighters episode :( Pentagram Mike is just too scary

tumblr_mot0b7P9U01rhc8i5o4_500.jpg

Yeah I know what you mean about frail, as they didn't move as fluidly as other Revoltech that I have. It is weird they went to the trouble of bootlegging the boxes...that is a step Bootleggers don't usually take (at least not bootlegging them all individually).

I don't know if you watch Phelous? He is how I heard about the NECA bootlegs and he goes into the history of them :)

His show Bootleg Zones is a lot of fun and you should check out his Turtle Fighters episode :( Pentagram Mike is just too scary

tumblr_mot0b7P9U01rhc8i5o4_500.jpg

Yeah, they also did a nice job with the NECA's as well, even though they all have the same packaging they still went with some extra little details like the pics and the entire credits for them, even went the extra mile and painted the pictures with the individually colors for the color coded bandanas.

Yeah, I know him, we hang around on the Technodrome Forums and I've talked with him a couple of times, don't find him that funny though :unsure:

Anyway these are going to be my next babies

Bandai-Tamashii-Nation-SH-Figuarts-Teena

they're going to hang around nicelly with my Revoltech Nick turtles :D

Edited by Devil_Spooky

Yeah, they also did a nice job with the NECA's as well, even though they all have the same packaging they still went with some extra little details like the pics and the entire credits for them, even went the extra mile and painted the pictures with the individually colors for the color coded bandanas.

Yeah, I know him, we hang around on the Technodrome Forums and I've talked with him a couple of times, don't find him that funny though :unsure:

Anyway these are going to be my next babies

Bandai-Tamashii-Nation-SH-Figuarts-Teena

they're going to hang around nicelly with my Revoltech Nick turtles :D

Those guys are awesome :) I might need to get a bigger shelf (I sort of ran out of room on my TMNT shelf :P)

Those guys are awesome :) I might need to get a bigger shelf (I sort of ran out of room on my TMNT shelf :P)

Indeed they are, a bit pricey but awesome nontheless. Leo and Don will drop sometime the next couple of months, Raph and Mikey will drop around October.

LOL I have 2 Ikea glass displays with them, I'll run out of room in them by the end of the year with all the TMNT figures coming out LOL

And let's not forget this beauty here

TF-2016-NECA-Large-Scale-017.jpg

although I do hope they release these in a smaller scale, I have no space for a huge beast like these... :(

• Like 2

Indeed they are, a bit pricey but awesome nontheless. Leo and Don will drop sometime the next couple of months, Raph and Mikey will drop around October.

LOL I have 2 Ikea glass displays with them, I'll run out of room in them by the end of the year with all the TMNT figures coming out LOL

And let's not forget this beauty here

TF-2016-NECA-Large-Scale-017.jpg

although I do hope they release these in a smaller scale, I have no space for a huge beast like these... :(

Maybe I will wait for bootlegs to come out :P

Nah, it is a shame that they are always so pricey though :( Oh well, I am happy with the ones I have :)

Maybe I will wait for bootlegs to come out :P

Nah, it is a shame that they are always so pricey though :( Oh well, I am happy with the ones I have :)

Yeah, but are really worth it though, I love them all :D on a related note NECA does have something to show tomorrow, they've hinted at it being TMNT related, maybe reveals of the other 3 turtles, maybe new scales for them, or who knows, maybe something entirelly different, like something related to their retro gaming line?! :holy:

Yeah, but are really worth it though, I love them all :D on a related note NECA does have something to show tomorrow, they've hinted at it being TMNT related, maybe reveals of the other 3 turtles, maybe new scales for them, or who knows, maybe something entirelly different, like something related to their retro gaming line?! :holy:

That would be awesome, as long as it isn't related to the new movies :P

That would be awesome, as long as it isn't related to the new movies :P

I'm ok with them, I don't love them, but I don't hate them neither, not that it matters because I still collect every canon version of them they release (as in versions that actually appeared on any media troughout the years) so they'll join in with the likes of Movie 3 Samurai turtles or the Next Mutation ones I already have :P That being said I would LOVE for NECA to release some figures based on Santolouco's designs from the IDW (and new Platinum game) comics.

I'm ok with them, I don't love them, but I don't hate them neither, not that it matters because I still collect every canon version of them they release (as in versions that actually appeared on any media troughout the years) so they'll join in with the likes of Movie 3 Samurai turtles or the Next Mutation ones I already have :P That being said I would LOVE for NECA to release some figures based on Santolouco's designs from the IDW (and new Platinum game) comics.

frtzq8qpn2ldslb4ltor.jpg

:)

• Like 1