Server still up?

TakeaShower__

What would be the minimum number of people required to boost?

If there are challenges that require multiple wins in a row or eight player lobbies i will be reluctant to get it frankly.

If its more or less xp related and just about winning in each playlist then i have no issues.

If theres anyone willing to boost i could pick it up within the next week.

You get xp(fans) for every race and have to reach level 50 at least once which can be done without boosting. Most of the ones that are better to boost can be done in an hour or two once you've unlocked everything you need. One challenge requires level 30 to become available

One thing to note us that a few of the online challenges can't be earned in private rooms. You can start a public match and invite your friends, then just disband if you end up with a random ringer. Several can be done with only one other player but some of the modes require 4 to start a race.

If you don't have any friends with this game feel free to add me and send me a friend challenge after a race, then just pm me. I'll beat it and re-challenge you. Then just finish it once more and send it back and you'll have one trophy done.

• Like 1

But it is very fun!

And that's kinda the point. Blur is a fantastic racing game, regardless of trophies.

My internet connection is horrendously poor, which is why I tend to struggle with most online MP. If your connection is solid, you've got a chance at the Plat. But don't overlook a great game simply because the trophies are hard.

• 10 months later...

Yes, they still UP :) Its a very fun underared Game.

I suggest you play some carreer Mode first and then aim for the online Trophies. Its not certain How long the servers still on, so you better play online to reach level 50 (some other Trophies will pop eventualy).

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

As of November 20, servers still up, but I've never seen more than 100 players at once, and they generally stick to one room. Lots of people are level 50, and like to pretend they're the big fish in the little pond. Funny thing is that many are gaming noobs with only a few games played and seem to think blur is it. Most aren't interested in boosting either -- they just play for fun, which is cool, but makes it hard for the rest of us to get the online trophies.

Edited by dweezil_inc
  • Like 1

There have been people playing every night since I got the game. It's usually the same group but the games are very steady and I've never had to wait except in the other rooms that no one plays in. I've made it to level 35 of 50 in about a week without boosting.

Hmmm okay.  Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 13.8.2017 at 3:33 AM, kmosesltd said:

Any idea if the games still being played online? I just sat in a lobby waiting for an online game for 20 minutes lol

There are still a lot of people online. You should easily find a full lobby. Only problem is that there are only high rank players who have played this games thousands of hours what makes it really hard to win just a single race :D 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I remember playing it on X360 when it first came out. I've really enjoyed it, fun racing game. I'd love to earn some trophies in it or even plat the game. It's a shame the servers are not so occupied by gamers these days. It would be really fun to actually be able to get a group of people together and sort of earn the trophies together while just enjoying it for a change. Anyone up for it? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, Jacek_Bytomianin said:

I remember playing it on X360 when it first came out. I've really enjoyed it, fun racing game. I'd love to earn some trophies in it or even plat the game. It's a shame the servers are not so occupied by gamers these days. It would be really fun to actually be able to get a group of people together and sort of earn the trophies together while just enjoying it for a change. Anyone up for it? 

i just set up a fun session for blur ;-)

• 7 months later...

Just a heads up on this. Activision seems to have axed Geometry Wars PS3 (at least) servers recently in "stealth mode" (no warnings). Considering Blur is almost 10 years, was done by Bizarre (just sacked after finishing Blur) and Lucid (Geometry creators) is mostly ex-Bizarre people, some other gamer quoted that Activision sacked lots of people in tech support lately, the fact that Sony is pushing hard to kill ALL PS3 and Vita servers, these ones smell suspiciously like getting the same treatment. Of course they could last another 10 years...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cris3f said:

Just a heads up on this. Activision seems to have axed Geometry Wars PS3 (at least) servers recently in "stealth mode" (no warnings). Considering Blur is almost 10 years, was done by Bizarre (just sacked after finishing Blur) and Lucid (Geometry creators) is mostly ex-Bizarre people, some other gamer quoted that Activision sacked lots of people in tech support lately, the fact that Sony is pushing hard to kill ALL PS3 and Vita servers, these ones smell suspiciously like getting the same treatment. Of course they could last another 10 years...

Sony is killing their exclusives, they have no powers with third-party games, it's up to their respective companies. Like i already said, there are many games with various degrees of online features that are still working.

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Sony is killing their exclusives, they have no powers with third-party games, it's up to their respective companies. Like i already said, there are many games with various degrees of online features that are still working.

Third party servers need PSN services to work. Sony has 0 interest in keeping them working or wasting any bandwith with them. PS4 traffic is paid, PS3 and VIta is free. Think again.