The Last Guardian still in development, Sony assures

Finozzi1696

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-guardian-still-in-development-sony-assure/1100-6425341/

The Last Guardian's trademark in the US has been abandoned, but it appears this was due to an administrative error at PlayStation America, as Sony has confirmed to GameSpot that the project is still in development. According to documentation on the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the group sent Sony a notice in July last year, informing that the trademark needed to be extended. Although Sony has, since 2013, habitually extended the game's trademark, it made no action following the most recent request. As such, the trademark was cancelled. However, amid speculation surrounding what this means for the protracted and troubled project, Sony has told GameSpot that it "can confirm that the Last Guardian is still in development". The Last Guardian has now been in development for more than half a decade after being formally announced in 2009, though director Fumito Ueda said his creative contribution to the project was completed a "long time ago." The most recent news surrounding The Last Guardian was revealed in December last year, when Ueda said in an interview that the game was moving forward under "completely new conditions." It's possible Ueda was referring to the game transitioning from PlayStation 3 to PlayStation 4. The Last Guardian was initially announced back in 2009 as a PS3 title, though Sony has dodged questions about platforms ever since.

I was excited by the E3 2009 trailer, and I kept my eye on this for awhile, but at this point I have simply stopped caring. If they release it tomorrow I wouldn't even bother to pick it up. And I don't believe I'm alone here. This is what happens when you get us excited and then leave us hanging for 5+ years. A lot of us have already done our mourning and have moved on.

The community has done more advertising for this game than Sony will ever need to do. Its become an enigma at this point and I'm sure the game will sell gangbusters when it does eventually release. Its actually pretty amazing that this is still talked about however many years later. 

The community has done more advertising for this game than Sony will ever need to do. Its become an enigma at this point and I'm sure the game will sell gangbusters when it does eventually release. Its actually pretty amazing that this is still talked about however many years later. 

I wouldn't be so sure. Just because people are talking about it on the interwebz doesn't mean much. You can find die-hard fans of anything on the internet.

Duke Nukem came out...so I believe this will too someday.

And look at what happened to that...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...