The Telltale Games Collection(NA)

DarknessKey92

So today I saw in the PSN Store that they added The Telltale Games Collection, something I thought was only gonna be available for Xbox One back then.

But today(Feb 17, 2015) it released for the PS4, which is great!; since it has a good selection of titles.

Not to mention it appears to be on a sale price of $44(right now for plus members)...but it's @ an original(Digital!) price tag of $109.99.

2j17yvk.jpg

The digital content included in The Telltale Games Collection:

1. The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season - $24.99

2. The Walking Dead: Season Two -  $24.99(currently in Feb 17, 2015 it's 50% off, for plus members @ $12.49)

3. The Wolf Among Us - $24.99

4. Tales from the Borderlands(Episode 1 available now, and episodes 2-5 will be released periodically) - $4.99 & $19.99 Season pass

5. Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episode 1 available now, and episodes 2-6 to be released periodically) - $24.99 for Season pass(for all 6 episodes)

So I really recommend it if you don't have these games @ all, and especially right now(The price of less then 2 will get you all 5).

Edited by DarknessKey92

So for 44$ (provided you are plus member... well... it's for PS4 so we should take it for granted) you get 3 complete games and 3 episodes or do you get 3 complete games and 2 season passes?

Anyway this is a really great deal, I may consider it if it comes out in EU as well.

I would imagine we'd get all five full games...or all five season passes, if you like.   It is a great deal, and I too hope this releases in the EU.

I don't think it includes the Season pass for Borderlands or Game of Thrones. 

Here is the Description from https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/the-telltale-games-collection/cid=UP2026-NPUB50254_00-B000000000001317

This bundle includes five critically acclaimed series by Telltale Games:

- The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season
- The Walking Dead: Season Two
- The Wolf Among Us
- Tales from the Borderlands (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-5 to be released periodically)
- Game of Thrones – A Telltale Games Series (Episode 1 available now, Episodes 2-6 to be released periodically)

Season Pass required for Tales from the Borderlands and Game of Thrones.

Here is the Description from https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/games/the-telltale-games-collection/cid=UP2026-NPUB50254_00-B000000000001317

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/17/the-telltale-games-collection-now-available-on-ps4

Sony sure knows how to confuse us don't they?  :facepalm:  anyways it says here that those passes are included! Planning on picking this up so I'll confirm once I do

It does look that way, but I think this will need some clarification from someone.   If it is the case that we'd still need to buy the Tales & Thrones season passes then this 'deal' perhaps isn't as great as I thought.  Think I'll pass on this if it does release in the EU, even though I don't have TWD 1&2 and TWAU on PS4 I do own them on PS3...so I don't really see the value.  Shame.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/17/the-telltale-games-collection-now-available-on-ps4

Sony sure knows how to confuse us don't they?  :facepalm:  anyways it says here that those passes are included! Planning on picking this up so I'll confirm once I do

For the love of....   I'm away to sleep, someone else can figure this out!  Lol

Just bought the Collection- it looks like it DOES come with the season passes- however while talking to a representative for Sony the most he would say is "They are required" not whether or not they're included. Further looking into this I found both SPs are listed as purchased under my account.. Basically Sony won't say it- but the bundle includes 

• All of TWD Seasons 1 and 2
  • All of Game of Thrones
  • All of The Wolf Among Us
  • All of Tales From the Borderlands

It says "season pass required" because these aren't the complete editions of the games (TWD, and TWAU came out before on PS3)..

Lotta pain over nothing

Edited by KillerUni12
  • Like 3

Just bought the Collection- it looks like it DOES come with the season passes- however while talking to a representative for Sony the most he would say is "They are required" not whether or not they're included. Further looking into this I found both SPs are listed as purchased under my account.. Basically Sony won't say it- but the bundle includes 

• All of Game of Thrones

It says "season pass required" because these aren't the complete editions of the games (TWD, and TWAU came out before on PS3)..

Lotta pain over nothing

Yeah I heard the Xbox One's version came with the season passes, and I was also gonna go to gamestop in hopes to get 2 "$50 cards" (for this, and future stuff) today(Since I only have $42)..but your help is very valuable here, so thanks! for clearing that info up.

Edited by DarknessKey92

• All of Game of Thrones

Lotta pain over nothing

Brilliant!

Okay, now this is what I call a bargain.

Please, please, pretty please, come to EU, ok?

• Like 1

Awesome, and a great move they did with the inclusion of the season passes for their 2 ongoing games, (seriously a great opportunity and deal for certain gamers) but with me having already played and platted TWD, TWD:S2. and TWAU, I'd be overall, mostly wasting money. I can't get the same experience or have a better experience playing TWAU and TWD2 since I've played and beat them recently. These games are great but they especially don't have that replay value/factor/aspect that can make the next playthrough or 2 almost as enjoyable in terms of experience. Additionally, Tales from BL is the only other series out of these 2 that new ones i'm interested in buying, (been waiting for the full release of all 5 episodes this whole time instead) so it furthermore wouldn't make any sense for me to get the collection when TFBL is all I need left from all their installments.