Ending

fraserwalkr

This one had been a low priority in my backlog for sometime now and I had a bit of a time off from school and decided I'd give it a go. Admittedly I'm not a "huge" fan of the series - the only other one I've played is Killzone 2 (really enjoyed both the online and the single player campaign) - so I'm not sure what the real Killzone enthusiasts think but:

the ending to Killzone 3 is generally considered to be pretty terrible, right?

The story itself is pretty forgettable (I realize that the central focus of this game would have been the online multiplayer community) but it did at least provide decent context for the gunplay and changed up the environments from time to time (biggest gripe with Killzone 2) + the jet packs were sweet. But that ending.... even your average call of duty manages to tie things up and conclude itself better than this. Who among us didn't groan when the credits rolled? The ending just feels like its missing a ton of exposition, almost makes me think they saved the real ending for beating it on elite difficulty or something. Proper pacing and storytelling elements would have at least made the "ending" actually feeling like an ending.

Sorry about the rant. Game is still okay, but Killzone 2 is better.

Did not understood or cared about the story of Kilzzone series so the ending in the 3rd was something meaningless since i was not attached to the storyline.

Have played the killzone HD, Killzone 2 and Kilzone 3 and out of those the one i did enjoy the most was in fact the 3.

Don't ask me why but i liked the improvments done over the 2nd and the gameplay felt smoother to me.

The fact that include coop campaign made me played twice the campaign one in  single and other in coop.

Killzone 2 is an awesome game i can admit that however the 3rd was the best imo. 

Edited by Jiaho24
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The story is decent.

It is the dumbass moron NPC partner AI which is terrible. I am playing through the campaign on Elite now, In my casual difficulty playthrough I did not notice it because it was really a breeze. But now I see how dumb the AI is. Rico runs wildly into enemy fire without taking cover. But when I need to be revived and he is standing like 5 metres away, he tells me that he cant reach me... And do NPC's ever kill an enemy? Their shooting skills are so terrible. I have to kill every enemy and when the AI runs into my line of fire, they accuse me of friendly fire! WTF? Why are you running straight into the bullets, Rico? Rico and Narville also don't melee enemies standing right next to them who are focusing on me. These all-out platoon battles had so much potential if it weren't for the lousy AI.

I more and more feel like killing Rico or at least shoot some bullets into his ass when he pisses me off again... Luckily only 3 missions left on Elite difficulty.